Monday Racing

Pot at Fakenham today;

56b876cf49454_ScreenShot2016-02-08at11.0

Nap;

220 Fakenham: Dexcite 6/4 Paddy Power

Struggling to find anything today and the 2.20 looks a duel between Hollies Pearl and Dexcite so i'm going with the Tom George 5yo to beat the Bowen horse although the trainer does have a good record when travelling here.

Dexcite comes out top of my ratings mainly due to his runs in Class 2 handicaps but he looks a very constant type and even his 4th last time out looks as good as anything Hollies Pearl has done over hurdles although her bumper form was very useful and she might like this speedier track. On the whole she lacks experience and worth taking on today at the prices.

I spent a bit of time on the first race at Fakenham last night

The favourite, Vent Nivernais, presents the punter with a common dilemma as to assess if a given trip will suit

He's running over 16F today for the first time for a while and usually runs over 20F, has run over 24F. Invariably gets similar comments in running.......dropped out before 12th, dropped out 3 out, weakened 4 out, one paced 2 out, all out to hold 2nd.

The Post suggests that he's not getting home and that the drop back in trip should suit

I'm not convinced.......I think he's just very one paced and slow and if anything will be even less suited to 2 miles than longer trips.

Of course he might just be better than these and win anyway..........but I was looking for something to take him on with.

I settled on Astrum, now 2nd fav, I think was 3rd fav last night.......who is dropping in class and was running when the Mccain yard was really struggling at the end of last year. Appears at least to be a two miler and act on any going

1.45 Fak - Astrum - win at 9/4 bog wm hills

(Just looking at the betting I think Vent Nivernais has drifted since last night and my selection has shortened, mine might be favourite by race time)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.