Friday Racing

Trying something new today, ran my ratings system through the card at Chepstow to select my placepot.

I really like Robin Of Locksley in the opener so banking on him to get off to a good start. Bit of a gamble in the 3rd race with none of the first 3 fav's selected. Get past that we are in with a squeak, famous last words.

56b47002b0502_ScreenShot2016-02-05at09.4

Not a lot on today ...this was just something I spotted in passing ....in the 340 ling its pretty obvioys the fav sea of flames should win ...but this is asn aspprentice race and his jockey is 0-20 on anything !!! .    The only two jockeys with any record are garbutt and gorden ....they are priced up at 15/2 and 11/1!!.....speculative bets but hey ...you cant put a chimp in a ferrari and he wins the race ???....lets test that theory ..lol

Abberly dancer 2 pts win 15/2 pp

Foxinthehenhouse   2 pts win 12/1 boyles 

16 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Not a lot on today ...this was just something I spotted in passing ....in the 340 ling its pretty obvioys the fav sea of flames should win ...but this is asn aspprentice race and his jockey is 0-20 on anything !!! .    The only two jockeys with any record are garbutt and gorden ....they are priced up at 15/2 and 11/1!!.....speculative bets but hey ...you cant put a chimp in a ferrari and he wins the race ???....lets test that theory ..lol

Abberly dancer 2 pts win 15/2 pp

Foxinthehenhouse   2 pts win 12/1 boyles 

What makes you think Sea Of Flames should win Richard? Not disputing it just intrigued? I know Sea Of Flames is completely unexposed and could really be anything but I like the look of the second favourite Take The Helm more. When raced over 7f his record is 112. His second came when beaten a neck in a C3 race by Cape Speed who has since won again (very well at that). Sea Of Flames 13/8 and Take The Helm 2/1 i'd rather go with the latter.

1 hour ago, DanV89 said:

What makes you think Sea Of Flames should win Richard? Not disputing it just intrigued? I know Sea Of Flames is completely unexposed and could really be anything but I like the look of the second favourite Take The Helm more. When raced over 7f his record is 112. His second came when beaten a neck in a C3 race by Cape Speed who has since won again (very well at that). Sea Of Flames 13/8 and Take The Helm 2/1 i'd rather go with the latter.

see ...this is what i love about racing ...differing opinions ......to me when i look at this race take the helm had a speedp rating of 70 at ling and has been penalised 3lbs for his troubles which isnt good as that wasnt such a strong perfomance .....sea of flames ran a 75 over 8f and was leading at the 7f pole and the drop back should suit perfectly ....on top of that he has been allocated a hcap mark 12lbs less than take the helm even though his speed rating was 5lbs more lto and on top of that he is ridden by 5lb claimer meaning he actually runs off 72 ...17lbs lower than take the helm ........yes theres no guarntee that he will beat take the helm and i can see your argument for that one but at 2/1 which looks the better bet ???......fascinating though none the less .....tbh i will be over the moon if the chimps both lose and my outsiders win because it will down to sheer jockeyship if they do because on paper they shouldnt .....looking forward to watching the race tbh....wouldnt put you off backing your argument is sound .....its just fascinating how people view a race differently .......see your looking at form and i see everything from a value perspective ......lol

Edited by richard-westwood

5 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Trying something new today, ran my ratings system through the card at Chepstow to select my placepot.

I really like Robin Of Locksley in the opener so banking on him to get off to a good start. Bit of a gamble in the 3rd race with none of the first 3 fav's selected. Get past that we are in with a squeak, famous last words.

56b47002b0502_ScreenShot2016-02-05at09.4

is the fourth leg a non runner     does that mean it supplements fav ...your in with a decent chance now if it is 

Edited by richard-westwood

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

see ...this is what i love about racing ...differing opinions ......to me when i look at this race take the helm had a speedp rating of 70 at ling and has been penalised 3lbs for his troubles which isnt good as that wasnt such a strong perfomance .....sea of flames ran a 75 over 8f and was leading at the 7f pole and the drop back should suit perfectly ....on top of that he has been allocated a hcap mark 12lbs less than take the helm even though his speed rating was 5lbs more lto and on top of that he is ridden by 5lb claimer meaning he actually runs off 72 ...17lbs lower than take the helm ........yes theres no guarntee that he will beat take the helm and i can see your argument for that one but at 2/1 which looks the better bet ???......fascinating though none the less .....tbh i will be over the moon if the chimps both lose and my outsiders win because it will down to sheer jockeyship if they do because on paper they shouldnt .....looking forward to watching the race tbh....wouldnt put you off backing your argument is sound .....its just fascinating how people view a race differently .......see your looking at form and i see everything from a value perspective ......lol

annililated them .....but it was always on the cards off a weight like that