Waste Management Phoenix Open - 4th Feb to 7th Feb

Bamford

From the madness of Torrey Pines, we go to the manufactured craziness of TPC Scottsdale for the Waste Management Phoenix Open. A desert course, at altitude where power, aggressiveness and the ability to hit plenty of greens is the key. All sorts of players can win here, so Tour Maidens (Holmes, Stadler, Stanley, Koepka), experienced winners (Perry & Lefty) or journeymen (Wilson) can win. With fast conditions forecast, this should turn into a ball-striking grind, where the longest players can eagle/birdie their 12 looks at the par 5s and the drivable 17th. Keep your card clean across the more challenging holes, and a -15 to -17 score will get you right in the mix. 

For me this week I'm going for Matsuyama (28s), Palmer (33s), Piercy (80s), Henley (125s) and Rodgers (125s).

RICKIE FOWLER (16/1, Paddy Power) for me should be the favourite this week and in my view should be around 8/1 - 9/1 so this price is value. He comes here fresh off the back of a win in Abu Dhabi on the European Tour to see off the challenge of Thomas Pieters. 

He is now ranked the 4th best player in the world, so much for that journalists' predictions last year when he said he was the most over-rated player on tour. On the PGA Tour, he has been 5th in the Tournament of Champions and he finished 2nd here in Phoenix in 2010.

CHARLES HOWELL III (66/1, Sky Bet) has probably been the most consistent player on the PGA Tour so far this season and looks sure to get that all illusive win sooner rather than later. His game is in terrific shape this season and he looks overpriced in my view.

He has not missed a cut yet this season from 9 events and the form has been T17, 70, T10, T17, T9, T10, T13, T11, T16. He also finished T6 in this back in 2014 and was T4 in 2010. He looks a very solid each-way contender this week the way he is playing.

ZAC BLAIR (200/1, Stan James) is a player I have been following the past few weeks and this is last chance saloon for him but he is a must bet at the price. We tipped him at 66/1 two weeks ago and 125/1 last week so we have to stick with him at such a huge price.

He had his best ever PGA Tour finish a few weeks ago when he was 3rd in Hawaii, just missing out on a play-off by a millimetre as he missed an easy eagle putt on the Par 5 18th hole. He is still young and should continue to improve.

Full Preview --> https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/golf/golf-tips-phoenix-open-and-dubai-desert-classic-preview-and-selections-2016020303

Good luck guys

Top 20 Finish

Kyle Stanley @ 7-1 [Stan James]

Won here 4 years ago when the golfing world were rating him as a top 10 player, but then lost his way. However signs are encouraging for a return to form with a couple of decent tournaments already this season.

On 3 February 2016 at 15:01:25, Striker said:

Good luck guys

Top 20 Finish

Kyle Stanley @ 7-1 [Stan James]

Won here 4 years ago when the golfing world were rating him as a top 10 player, but then lost his way. However signs are encouraging for a return to form with a couple of decent tournaments already this season.

Tied 45th.

Disappointing when you consider he was in ideal shape at halfway.

Yeah Aidy seemed to be a case of Fowler losing it he was a little bit too cocky for me, he and the family thought he had it won after the 16th was a great battle to watch him and Matsuyama in the play off  but there shouldn't have been a play off Rickie should have closed it out  he must be absolutely gutted Today but its a case of a  hard lesson learnt. As for Matsuyama he is a cracking little player and  deffo worth following as for Fowler he will bounce back from this  and has a great chance of winning a major this year if he  continues to play as he has this year. All good stuff to look forward to also a quick word on Shane Lowry  he is playing very well in America  and is worth keeping a close  eye on  imo. Roll on the majors.

Just to add such a shame it seems forums are on the way out with twitter & facebook etc taking over  very little views in the golf threads in particular  and everyone that posts regularly on them have been on fire with some  sensational priced winners a lot of popular posters may have left or just not posting   but the winners keep on coming!!!

Agreed Ted, it is a crying shame as the standard of tipping is sensational but what can you do! Let's just keep her lit and hope the place livens up again! Matsuyama is a fine young talent, agreed there too.. Tee to green he is sensational, if he gets more consistent with the short stick he will win majors.