** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Pakistan in West Indies

Re: Pakistan in West Indies Yeah, but having thought about it, if you back any other bowler than an opener against Bangladesh you might not even get a run for your money........& its Harmys home ground. I heard a theory the other day that Harmy bowls better with a used ball & might swop opening with Freddie & come on 1st change, cant see it at Durham though.....Vaughan would get lynched!! For interests sake, the relevant figures in the lords test were: Jones - 1st: 6-4-4-1. 2nd: 11-3-29-3. Total: 17-7-33-4 Flintoff - 1st: 5-0-22-2. 2nd: 9.5-0-44-3. Total: 14.5-0-66-5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Pakistan in West Indies Pakistan batted & after day 1 are 336-6. Younis Khanmade 106, Inzi 50 & there was another 50 as well. Looking at 450 by lunch before being bowled out I would say, they have to chase the game & dont want to bat too long. Pitch looks a bit greenish so looksasthough it hassomething in for the bowlers so Pakistan will fancy their chances of getting a decent lead, if not having massive hopes of the follow on. Back Pakistan before Lara is out, WI after??

Re: Pakistan in West Indies Pakistan added only 38 in the morning & were all out for 374. WI had their normal early wobbles but Lara & Sarwan steadied the ship before Sarwan was out for 55. Lara continued & resumes on 125 but crucially Chanderpaul was out on the last ball of the day, giving pakistan something to work on. So WI resume 99 adrift with 6 in hand, & Lara as ever is key......if he bats until lunchhe will be over 180ish & WI will have parity, if still in at tea he will have 250 & WI a 100 lead. A WI lead of approaching 100 would make it very difficult for Pakistan, as really they have to get 350-400 clear with 3.5 to 4 sessions remaining, & if they dont bat until tea today then they only have 3 possibly 4 sessions to do it in.

Re: Pakistan in West Indies

CO Browne performance - Under 71 @ 1.83 In his 19 Tests, Browne has reached 71pts on just 7 ocassions. If you were going on past performance this would make the fair odds roughly 2.71 for 71+ and 1.58 for under 71. 4 of these 71pts+ were achieved in his first 6 Tests, meaning his got there just twice out of his last 13 games. One of those was only with the help of a stumping (which you have to discount here, as WI don't get them too often).
This is in the balance after the first 2 innings - he picked up 3 catches to move to 30pts, but then got out for a golden duck. Hopefully he'll take only 1 or 2 catches in Pakistan's innings (and no stumpings) and not score enough runs (or not bat) in the final innings.

Re: Pakistan in West Indies Lara fell relatively early this morning for 153, & Wavell Hinds marshalled the tail for 63,, & WI's finished on 404, a lead of 30. Pakistan are now 157-3, 127 ahead with Inzi & Younis Khan at the crease. Stan James go: WI 2/1 Draw 3/1 Pakistan 10/11

Re: Pakistan in West Indies Day 3 finished with Pakistan on 223-4, 193 ahead with Inzi on 62 & Afridi 16. Pakistan are in a good position for a real push tomorrow, so unless theyre bowled out you would expect them to be 300 ahead by lunch & then a mad scramble to 450 by tea, but theyre already 4 down so the majority of runs has to come from these 2, but Afridi can change a match in an hour. I think they'll get bowled out in the afternoon setting WI around 375 in just over 4 sessions....a decent chance time wise, but they cant just give them a day to bat because WI dont have to win the game so could just bat for the draw. As ever it comes down to one man.....Lara Odds after day 4: WI 9/4 draw 3/1 Pakistan 4/5

Re: Pakistan in West Indies You might get away with it yet Dave, as I'm not sure whether its raining or bad light....but theyre not playing whatever it is :( Afridi went at it hell for leather from the word go & scored a run a ball 43, but after that Pakistan fell away a bit to be honest, Inzi was 117 not out as they were bowled out for 309, setting WI 280 to win. WI started cautiously & the pitch seemed a bit up & down & definetly wearing, & they lost Gayle for 15 & they were offered the light just before tea @ 38-1. So 242 needed for victory with 9 in hand. There are still theorettically 45 normal minutes left & there is still 46.5 overs left in the day. I got home 5 minutes after they went off so couldnt take the draw to lay off but it was 16/1 when they departed. WI were 8/11, Pakistan 11/10. A full days play & there will be a result, one way or another..... Looking at the stats @ Sabina Park, the highest 4th innings chase is 212-3 for WI v SL in 2003.....so make no mistake, this is an ask.......a couple of higher 4th innings scores have been made, but not to win. If Lara does not contribute on a 5th day pitch, I fear for West Indies.

Re: Pakistan in West Indies WI finished the day on 114/6. With all recognised batsmen gone. Looks all but impossible for them on the last day. Only weather can save them. Browne on 8*!! Still in with a chance mate!!

Re: Pakistan in West Indies You jaxi bastaaard :rollin :rollin :ok fair play!! 130-9 now. That cover bet on the draw @ 20/1 was worth it wasnt it?? :lol Oh well, I had peace of mind for all of 20 minutes...then I just felt like a mug.....a winning mug mind you :D

Re: Pakistan in West Indies Congrats on the Browne bet mate, doesnt come much closer than that!! Me however not so lucky! My bets were over before the last day. A bit pissed with Bet 365 as they took away the top team batsman option so I couldnt place any cover bets. Anyway both Younis Kahn and Chanderpaul came in second, to Afridi and Lara respectively. Loss of 2.5 units for me. Overall tour = small profit though. Bring on the Ashes!!