Hennessey gold cup saturday

If in doubt     99.51 

Saphir de rheu   99.40

The young master  99.38 

Tough race ...coneygree was originally top rated but looks a non starter so that leaves saphir de rheu holding top weight and favoritism ...  a big improver he could be anything and should run well ....negatives are has top weight and this is a hcap ....  meaning he will have to give a stone to the likes of if in doubt and the young master who are twice the price of the fav making them the value bets in the race .....if in doubt lost his way towards back end of last season but undoutably has talent on a good day .. the young master is an improving type who probably hasnt improved as much as saphir de rheu but getting a stone under hcap conditions levels the field imo so will be an interesting race to see how things pan out .

If indoubt  2 pts win   8/1 skybet

The young master  2 pts win 10/1 skyb

Verdict

Saphir Du Rheu is a smart chaser without doubt and he may well be up to this task if things fall right for him. At the prices I would rather be a layer than a player. I’m not prepared to go in and back Bobs Worth either until I have seen more evidence of his comeback.

This leaves a toss up between the unexposed sorts like the Young Master, Ned Stark and If In Doubt or whether to go with the solid, reliable selection of Smad Place.

I think the King horse looks bound to run a good race and I’ll be amazed if he’s not in the frame at least and has to be the bet this time.

Selection: Smad Place @ 6/1 Betfred

Preview: 

https://www.punterslounge.com/hennessy-gold-cup-betting-the-king-yard-can-strike-in-newbury-showpiece

On 26/11/2015, 15:24:13, BillyHills said:

Verdict

Saphir Du Rheu is a smart chaser without doubt and he may well be up to this task if things fall right for him. At the prices I would rather be a layer than a player. I’m not prepared to go in and back Bobs Worth either until I have seen more evidence of his comeback.

This leaves a toss up between the unexposed sorts like the Young Master, Ned Stark and If In Doubt or whether to go with the solid, reliable selection of Smad Place.

I think the King horse looks bound to run a good race and I’ll be amazed if he’s not in the frame at least and has to be the bet this time.

Selection: Smad Place @ 6/1 Betfred

Preview: 

https://www.punterslounge.com/hennessy-gold-cup-betting-the-king-yard-can-strike-in-newbury-showpiece

Good call ...decent horse hes done well