Shriners Hospitals for Children Open - October 22nd to 25th

Bamford

The Shriners Hospitals for Children Open is one of those events that I find interesting to attempt to decipher. Plenty of renewals, masses of data and plenty of eagles and birdies. The course is pretty non-descript, but it's of resort nature and features massive green complexes which are pure bentgrass. It's a rarity as in as much that the course from tee-to-green is Bermudagrass, which plenty can't chip + scramble from. Scoring is scary low and rain in the build-up will only help that. It could also help the more powerful, but in-reality there should be plenty of roll on the fairways and the altitude here helps the shorter hitters. 

With this in-mind I've gone down the route of straight from the tee, with an excellent short game. The ability to shoot low scores is critical, as is recent experience of contending performances. So I'm with Ryan Moore (managed to get 28s). Jason Bohn (40s), Brendon Todd (55s), Russell Henley (66s) and David Hearn (125s).

Who is this Kaufman chap, never heard of him before if I am totally honest! Amazing final round of 61.. 

Kevin Na, what a disaster of a man! Two weeks in a row he throws the tournament away. He seems to have big nerve issues when in a winning position, wouldn't be too keen backing him over the course of the season.

Alex Cejka finished in a tie for 2nd, so got a nice return e/w @ 300/1. 

Jimmy Walker started the final round only two back and shot a disastrous round of 78, his swing is all over the place at the moment.

Unlucky with Jason Bohn Bamford, he is playing out of his skin at present.

Edited by Aidymac