TOUR Championship ~ September 24th - 27th

Aidymac

1. Bubba Watson ~ 4 Points E/W @ 22/1 Boylesports ~ 1/4, 4 Places

OK, Bubba is one of the most monstrous hitters on tour which may not be what we are supposedly looking for this week but at this price in just a field of 30 golfers, he will be on my list all day long. He is ranked 5th in the FedexCup Standings right now so he knows if he wins this week, he will have a massive shout to land the huge $10Million payout.

He really caught my eye in the final round of the BMW Championship last week, carding an amazing front nine of 29 strokes which saw him eagle two holes on that stretch. He had a disappointing back nine of 36 but he was never going to win the tournament and he knew he would be in the Top 5 anyways this week so he had little to play for. Measuring just 7,300 yards, Bubba should be able to burn this place up.

He is far more accurate off the tee than what people give him credit for. He has two wins to his name already this season in the World Golf Championships and Travelers Championship whilst he also has four seconds and two thirds this season! His record in the Tour Championship is 14, T5, T23, T17, 30 which isn't too inspiring but I am hopeful he can put in a bold showing this weekend!

2. Louis Oosthuizen ~ 2 Points E/W @ 40/1 Sky Bet ~ 1/4, 5 Places

The South African machine will feel like he won the lottery on Sunday at the BMW Championship as he just scraped inside the Top 30 to gain his spot in Georgia this week. A very solid four rounds of 71, 66, 68, 69 saw the player who is now ranked 13th in the world claim the 29th position in the FedexCup Standings.

He has in my opinion the most relaxed and most beautiful, natural swing in golf and that is what you need around here where placement off the tee can be of the utmost importance. Although he has had a great year in many respects, he has hit the woodwork a couple of times. He was T2 in the US Open at Chambers Bay and also finished T2 in the Open Championship at St Andrews in a tournament he really could have won.

He has only ever played in this event once before which was back in 2012 where he finished T23. He plays more tournaments on the PGA Tour nowadays though and he will be hoping he can finish the season on a high. What a time this would be to get your first win of the year and if things go his way, he could take the massive cheque home. One thing is for sure, he will have a right go!

3. JB Holmes ~ 2 Points E/W @ 60/1 Paddy Power ~ 1/4, 4 Places

One man that has gone under the rader this week is the very big hitting JB Holmes. Again, I will emphasise that recent trends favour the shorter hitters but you can't discount a man just because he can hit it further than the rest. If this man hits fairways this week, he has a big chance.

He really caught my eye in the BMW Championship last week as it was his best week for a while, in fact his best finish since he won the Houston Open back in April! After an average opening round of 70 last week, it looked like it was going to be another poor weekend for JB, but he played sublime golf from there on in with rounds of 65, 67 and 68 and if he can bring that form into this week, he has to have as good a chance as any player out there and the price of 60/1 is certainly ridiculous with only 30 players teeing off.

This is his first ever showing in the Tour Championship this week so just being here is a huge bonus and that is going to take a lot of pressure off him. He can just go out there, bomb it, enjoy himself and this man is a birdie machine when he gets going.

4. Charley Hoffman ~ 2 Points E/W @ 80/1 Coral ~ 1/4, 4 Places

Possibly the most frustrating golfer in the world from a punters perspective, if you follow me on this one you better get the heart monitor out! Charley Hoffman, where to even start with him. One of the most brilliant players on tour when on song, but when he is in the lead, he tends to shit himself into oblivion and make a complete mess of things.

Maybe I am being harsh on him as he did win the Mayakoba Classic this season but I am talking from a general point of view. He had the Deutsche Bank at his mercy a couple of weeks ago with superb opening rounds of 67 and 63 only to come out and blow it with a third round score of 76. He battled back bravely in the final round with a 67 to finish in 3rd place and if he brings his game here this week, the 80/1 will look a silly price.

His performance in the Tour Championship back in 2010 gives me hope this week, where he finished a very impressive 6th. This will be the first time he has come back here since that fine display and I am hoping he can use some of those past memories to put in another solid showing this weekend.

Full Preview Here ---> https://www.punterslounge.com/tour-championship-golf-preview--tips-who-can-grab-the-10million-purse

Driving accuracy seems a total thing of the past on the PGA Tour with inaccurate bombers dominating again last week. However if there is one-track that might catch them out it's East Lake. Greens described as treacherous as nearby Augusta make shots from off the fairway an issue, especially as the Meyer Zoyziagrass grass promotes flyers. Hopefully we might get some different characters contending this week. 

I'm keeping it simple with Rickie Fowler, who for me, is the most likely to have the fortitude and skills to tame East Lake and capture the biggest prize of his career. His putting on the MiniVerde Bermuda greens of TPC Sawgrass hasn't been too shabby in-recent history. 

I'm covering Henrik Stenson for obvious reasons and like the look of Patrick Reed (winner at Sedgefield) who likes tougher tests. Conditions will be fast on Thursday and hopefully the light rain forecast for Friday is light, keeping this a real test for all 72 holes. That plays to Reed's strength's who actually straightened himself out between Boston and Chicago. We all know how well he scrambles and putts on Bermuda.