** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League matches 18th/19th September

Darran

Boreham Wood v Wrexham Bromley of course beat Boreham Wood on Tuesday and I am opposing them again on Saturday. That is now three games running that Wood have conceded three goals and as I wrote on Tuesday their defence has become a massive issue. They have only kept one clean sheet all season and with Wrexham having scored in all ten games, including scoring three on five occasions then it is not hard to see Wrexham adding to their tally on Saturday. The other thing to note here though is Wrexham have only kept two clean sheets this season and conceded at least once in their last five. Add to that the face that Wood have only failed to score in two games and have scored in their last six and it is easy to see both teams scoring. That is why I am going for Wrexham to win and both teams to score at 5/2 with Bwin. It isn’t a bet I like doing very often, but as you can see the facts point rather strongly to it happening here and on this occasion the 5/2 looks cracking value. Torquay v Bromley It is seven games since Torquay last picked up three points and they have only managed to beat Macclesfield and Halifax so far this season. To be fair they have drawn their last three games, but again they have come at teams who are struggling. Bromley certainly aren’t struggling after a slow start and have won three on the bounce and only Forest Green have defeated them in their last six. I am more than happy to continue backing Bromley as they continue their rise up the table against a young and inexperienced Torquay team. Marathon are best about an away win at 21/10. AFC Telford v North Ferriby United The home side had initially looked like they had improved for the change of manager, but they have been awful in their last two games and Rob Smith was pretty open to the press about the lack of heart shown from his players. It is fair to say he thinks he has inherited a bad bunch of players and they host a North Ferriby side who have only lost once so far this season. The one slight concern is like last season they are drawing too many matches (6), but in the form they are in and given they have scored 10 in their last three games they should be winning this. The general even money is enough to tempt me in. Maidstone v Bath City Bath have had a superb start to the season and only lost their first game of the season on Tuesday night. The signs had been there though that maybe they aren’t quite as strong as the first few games suggested as they had drawn their three previous matches. Maidstone have been in good form of late having drawn with Gosport and beating Havant and Maidenhead. They were all good efforts and they look to be improving. It will probably be a tight game, but I do think the 6/4 about the home side has just enough value in it to warrant backing them. Oxford City v Eastbourne The best bet of the weekend for me is Oxford. They have only lost once this season and look sure to play a part in the promotion battle this season. They have won four of their last five games and certainly look to have a touch of class about them. They host Eastbourne who bar a 5-1 hammering of a yet to win Basingstoke side, have looked poor in their last four games. They lost 4-1 on Tuesday night to a Margate side who had yet to win this season and also conceded four goals against Havant recently. Oxford are even money with Marathon but I would make them a bit shorter than that.

Hi addpea, I fancy barrow,solihull and metropolitan.I wanna put them as a treble.Barrow has been excellent in his home turf.Likewise,solihull is a strong home team.But metropolitan is not so good in home and vcd athletic has been so bad since the start.What do you think?

Hi addpea, I fancy barrow,solihull and metropolitan.I wanna put them as a treble.Barrow has been excellent in his home turf.Likewise,solihull is a strong home team.But metropolitan is not so good in home and vcd athletic has been so bad since the start.What do you think?
Tricky game the Barrow one as they seem to have picked up a habit of winning 1-0 at home, but Aldershot are scoring goals so could be hard to keep a clean sheet against them. Not a game I would play in, but think Aldershot are over priced if anything. Suspect Solihull will win, but Curzon are improving and have had some good results of late. VCD are one of the leagues weakest teams, but Met Police have lost four of their last six. Not sure I would be wanting to get involved at short odds. My other suggestion is you start backing singles, not saying all trebles are a bad thing especially if you fancy a few shorties, but the more teams you put in a bet the harder it is to win. Singles are the best way to build a profit. For example if it was me doing your three picks tomorrow I would do a single on Barrow and a double on the other two. By all means due a little treble on the side and I always stick all my picks in an acca as well as a just in case they all win.