** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League matches 14th-16th September

Darran

Not sure what it is about this season, but yet again there seems to be no real stand out bet. I am going to take a couple at small stakes though at big prices. First off I have to be on Altrincham at 100/30 to beat Eastleigh. For ante-post reasons I hope Eastleigh can get the three points, but it is important not to focus your match betting based on ante-post bets. I don't think Eastleigh have really got going yet and had been a bit fortunate to pick up points thanks to late goals until they lost their last two games. To be fair they battled well with 10 men on Saturday against Gateshead, but this is a tough game for them. I stated a couple of weeks ago that Alty's away form is worth ignoring when it comes to playing at home and it paid off when they beat Cheltenham only for them to lose away again on Saturday at Wrexham. They have beaten some strong sides at home already this season and they are value to do so again. The other bet is Bromley at 9/4 to beat Boreham Wood. Wood's defence has let them down in their last couple of games and they have conceded three to Grimsby and Lincoln. Prior to that they also lost to Dover. Bromley's fortunes seem to be on the up and bar a 2-1 loss to FGR they would be unbeaten in five. Crucially they have scored in eight of their nine league games and if the home side defend like they have been then you would fancy Bromley to get at least one goal. They may need more than one to win the game, but they are more than capable of that and I think they are the better side as well. I am a bit surprised they are so short in the betting and out of the two bets I make them the Naps.