** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 71: MIR VS. DUFFEE

Frank Mir - Todd Duffee Mir is one of the veterans in UFC and he is close to the retirment. He won his last fight with Bigfoot, but the brazilian is not the fighter he was. Todd Duffee won his last fight in only 33 seconds and he looked very nice. Duffee is a huge heavyweight and i cant see Mir standing more then 2 rounds in this fight. Todd Duffee @1.53 Todd Duffee wins in round 1 @2.25 Todd Duffee wins in round 2 @6.50 Josh Thomson - Tony Ferguson Josh has 2 consecutive loses and 3 loses in his last 5 fights. Ferguson is in a very good shape - he has 5 consecutive wins, 3 of them in the first round with KO or submission. If Ferguson wins this fight he is going directly to the top fighters in the division, so i see him winning the fight in second ot third round with submission. Tony Ferguson @1.53 Under 2.5 rounds @2.50

I'm backing the underdog again. I think Mir will go back to his strengths and throw hands to get a takedown to avoid Duffee's power, and his submission game is a far more likely a win scenario than a ko, although he does have the power to finish it I'm hoping the power leads to a submission. Frank Mir to win by submission 7/2 @ Skybet