** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lame

Looking at todays 2yo races and in particular the small field maiden at Bath at 6.05 There's an odds on favourite in Pity Cash Now Pity Cash was a non runner just 2 days ago on Monday at Windsor with a Vets Certificate saying she was lame So........can a horse recover enough from being lame in two days to merit going off as odds on favourite ? It just so happens that the trainer has another horse in the race.......the 2nd favourite currently 2/1 Pity Cash is a very unlucky horse as she has been declared 5 times but has only managed 1 proper run.......she's been a NR 3 times with abnormal blood, knocked joint and lame. She also 'ran' at Royal Ascot but the saddle slipped and she was never in with a chance Her only proper run, at Goodwood, looks decent, the best form on offer here But 2 days from being declared lame ? Would you back her ?..........or do you think the stable second string might be in with a good chance ?...... mmmmm.............:unsure It's my kind of race.....small field of 2yo, but I'm leaving it alone !

Pity Cash more than likely the winner but if I were to play the race, I'd take a chance on Carroll's outsider at 10/1, oldest horse in the race in terms of date foaled, only male horse in the field and speedily bred but my opinion not strong enough to warrant a bet. Good luck if playing.

Oh crikey........I wasn't aware of this when I posted but the same trainer had two horses in the 2yo Seller at Thirsk this afternoon He had the odds on favourite which finished 2nd.......and his other horse won at 25/1 Could this be the makings of a system.......look out for David Evans having two horses in a race with one of them odds on.......and back the other one !

Pity Cash wins.......easily You could have had 11/10 just before the off...... So obviously made a full recovery from being lame 2 days ago It's like a Little Britain sketch where the fat one gets out of the wheelchair and gets a pint from the bar.......while the other one isn't watching

Do you know if the stewards called the trainer in after the race? If you've spotted this sort of thing the stewards should also be aware and asking questions. I was at racing last year and a horse was running a few weeks after being gelded yet a trainer once stated they need about 6 weeks off after gelding, the horse ran a stinker as you might expect to run if you've just had your nuts removed.