** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Next Tory Leader

Re: Next Tory Leader I think it will increasingly come down to the 2 youngsters (relatively speaking) Cameron and Osbourne, even the tories have to realise that they need new blood and these 2 bring it. The only eye in the ointment i can see is Rifkind, especially if he betters Blunkett in the pensions row that will evolve, the others just dont appeal to all the party. Cameron would be my fav, he will have turned 40 come the next election and will not be considered too young, Osbourne will be about 37/38 i believe and to the tories they may prove too young and risky. Though how many former shadow chancellors or chancellors have taken the leadership? a lot i reckon. Think a little punt on the 2 young bloods is the value here.

Re: Next Tory Leader The tories will not elected Rifkind, they've just had a jew, they're not going for a second one. Being a jock, isn't going to help either. Ditto Liam Fox. The tories are a english party, they'll elect an english leader. This is Davies only chance at the job, but he's not electable, in a straight choice between him and Gordon Brown at the next election who are you going to vote for ?? It's gotta be gordon. I fully agree, if Hague wants the job it's his. No one else in the party has a tenth of his ability. A lot of senior members of the party felt he should have stayed on after 2001.