** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rio on the level

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rio on the level Getting near the back end but I'm playing today at Longchamp. Abbaye. The ground is soft & La Cucaracha has been taken out. The Tatling has gone well in this before & will probably do so again but usually finds at least one too good for him at this level. Of the three Roger Charlton runners Striking Ambition is the one best suited by the conditions under foot but is up in class & may be better at 6f. Bebaun would also seem to need a faster surface & Nipping is upped in class. The one with the form at this level is Chineur 40pts @ 100/30 Ladbrokes, gave the race away LTO in the Nunthorpe when not getting a decent start from the stalls & will be surely on the ball today. I've also backed Eisteddfod 10pts @ 14/1 Ladbrokes in this. An improving sort who goes well on the soft, he can run a big race with Frankie on top, I'll be looking at the place price on Betfair nearer the off time. Opera. Alexander Goldrun goes for back to back wins in this & will take some beating, she holds Red Bloom on earlier form this season. Playful Act would have a chance on her best form but ran well below that in the Yorkshire Oaks LTO & is passed over. I'm going with Rosawa 20pts @ 6/1 Sporting Odds here. She goes on the ground & while the form is nothing special she has four easy wins from as many starts & is a fair price to upset the favourite. Arc. A cracking renewal. Bago tries to win again & is always better at home & has been kept fresh for this since the King George, must go well. Cherry Mix was second last year but in three runs since has shown little to suggest he's trained on. Westerner loves the track & with a pacemaker in the race & a strong run race likely he can go well but he needs to get there at just the right time. Warrsan, Mubtaker & Norse Dancer have all been round the block a few times & it's hard to see one of them winning. Scorpion would need to buck a few trends to win here but does have Kinane in the saddle. From the trial races three weeks ago Pride put up the best performance time wise & will run a good race. Motivator has his ground & steps back up to 12f but like a lot of Epsom Derby winners the level of form after has dipped somewhat. Hurricane Run would be a dual Derby winner had the French version not been reduced in distance having taken the Irish Derby after. Won the Prix Niel three weeks ago & trained by the genius Fabre with Fallon on top this looks a match made in heaven. However I'm going for Shawanda 30pts @ 7/2 Capitol Sports, her win in the Irish Oaks impessed me greatly & she took the third of the trail races eased right down. The trainer thinks she is better than Pride & despite no filly winning the race in the last dozen tries before that the fair sex had a fine record in the race. The ground is a slight worry but to counter that Sourmillon rides this place as well if not better than anybody around just now. Rio.

Re: Rio on the level After last Sundays unsucessful bets the season stands at, Stakes 2236pts returns 2450.5pts Profit/loss +214.5pts I was going to call that it for the season, Champions day at Newmarket a week to day would be of interest to me but I shall be at work that day & unable to post. However I shall have one more try to end the season on a winning note. Saisbury 1.40 Atlantic Waves made an impressive debut at Leicester scoring by 5l from Bold and Free (winner since) & the third that day Speciosa has also taken a maiden & ran third in the May Hill at Donny. Bold and Free reapposes here but looks held by Atlantic Waves who will also be suited by the step up to a mile. Zato has group race form but looks better at a shorter trip than this, Doctor Dash also ran in a group 2 LTO & this C&D winner will find this level more to his liking. O'Brien sends two over, Arabian Prince was beaten on debut by stablemate Septimus who runs in a group 2 in Ireland tomorrow & has since won a maiden. I prefer Dylan Thomas 30pts @ 3/1 Stan James, has run green on both starts but still won nicely. LTO took a valuable Leopardstown 2yo race worth £80k+ to the winner from some useful types & this could be considered a drop in class here & he can take this from Atlantic Waves. Rio.

Re: Rio on the level Thats it for the flat this season for me now. It would have been nice to finish on a winning note but the well backed Dylan Thomas got done by the outsider close home. Final totals Stakes 2266pts returns 2450.5pts Profit/loss +184.5pts Thats a profit on stakes of just over 8% Hardly stunning but better than a loss. From a personal angle the season started badly with the first month or so showing a big loss. From Epsom till the Ebor meeting things turned around & the loss turned to a reasonable profit but since then things went downhill again.Thats how it goes at this game, never level always up & down. Time to go jumping again. All the best, Rio.

Re: Rio on the level

Final totals Stakes 2266pts returns 2450.5pts Profit/loss +184.5pts Thats a profit on stakes of just over 8% Hardly stunning but better than a loss. Time to go jumping again. All the best, Rio.
:nana :drums :clap to Rio. Well done on finishing in profit for the season. I am also hanging in there just & not sure when to close the thread. Was thinking of holding on until the next big Newmarket meeting. looking forward to the jumps now.