** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid Atletico +0.5 Ah @ 2.10 with bet365 After Real failing to meet the expectations,finishing 0:0,i asked myself the following question?Do i think Real Madrid will win the reversed fixutre?I answered positive to myself but a couple of days ago,after it became clear that Modric and Benzema are out while Bale is a doubt,i started fo think the opposite way.Real were arguably the better team but i think they just had appeared to be better because Simeone has set the team to a more defensive approach and some of us have seen that every single time Atletico have been going forward,something in Real's defence was always not as it should be.Every time when Atletico were attacking,Real were looking unstable,panicing.Now,with Modric out,who has been orchestrating their game every time he is on the field,i am struggling to see how can they deal without him.We saw what's the difference between him in and out in so many cases that i think it is unnecessary for me to give you examples of that.Benzema is a good striker as well but is struggling to hit on form lately and most probably will be replaced by Hernandez who i rate to be far away from the league the team has and personally i will be looking forward to see him play against this physically strong Atletico team(:D).Despite winning the game,i didn't like how the team looked against Malaga with both Chicharito and Isco upfront and i think it is very likley Jese to replace Bale if he is confirmed out.Atletico sneaked the win once again in La Liga,after doing so for so many times this year so nothing has changed there.I still think they are far worse from how they used to be last season and the season before but with Modric out i cannot bet against them.The midfield are is where Atletico win there matches and with Modric out i think Real have no chance of controlling the game the way they did it at ''Calderon''.Odds are up to 1.83 now but still i won't be taking them.I really think we might see Atletico play the way they did in that 4:0 win,despite being away from home.If they go all out to attack,they can push Real into their own half who will be having no Modric(or Xabi Alonso...) to hold the ball,killing the tempo .IMO Atletico have a great chance to win this game but while i am not fully convinced with them either,i will be on +0.5 AH.

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd 4pts Atletico Madrid to qualify 11/8 Betway This second leg couldn’t be better set up. I fancy Atletico to find the net in this match and if they do we will see what Real Madrid are made of. Ancelotti’s men haven’t been firing on all cylinders lately and if Atletico’s goal is the first goal on the night the anxiety levels will shoot up pretty quickly. Diego Simeone is becoming a really good tactician and he can lead his side to a scoring draw at the very least here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/real-madrid-vs-atletico-madrid-betting-defending-champions-can-be-sent-packing-in-quarter-final

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd Think Atletico have a fantastic chance to qualify here, the injuries have swayed the tie in their favour imo. Modric is the key man in this team, more so than Ronaldo, Bale or Kroos, possibly only Benzema adds more to this team and the good news for us it that he is injured too! I'm not saying this will be easy by any stretch but in making such an expensively assembled side Real have ignored the requirement for a good squad depth, the fact that Ancelotti rarely rotates unless forced to shows his lack of faith in the reinforcements. I think Atletico were a bit unsure about what to do in the first game, 0-0 at home used to be seen as a bad result but for a side like Atletico that are so difficult to beat it was a pretty decent result. I expect a similar match to the others this season between the two at the Bernabeu. All the team will drop goalside of Kroos when he has the ball and looks to play out, don't be surprised to see 9 or 10 Atletico players in their defensive third of the pitch but still keeping a reasonably high defensive line. This allows the midfield and attackers to press as required and keep solid front to back and side to side, you can't simply sit in your own box against Real as they will get through eventually you need to aggressively hunt the ball - almost in packs and Atletico do this against them better than anyone. Their game plan is just as suited to playing away, they are the best side without the ball in European football. Such is the impact of Benzema and Modric I would be playing far lower stakes if either were playing but to beat Atletico they need all their best players available, Oblak had a good match in the first game and will probably need to again here. Don't expect Atletico to dominate possession but do expect them to close space down in important areas and make it very difficult for Real going forward. Atletico suffered badly in the first half of the match last week as they didn't close Modric or Kroos quickly enough and allowed them to dictate the play, they shouldn't have that problem here as whoever partners Kroos won't have the required passing ability. Another factor is the crowd who are generally very impatient and will get on the players backs if they are struggling, expect some whistles if they don't start well as there isn't a brilliant atmosphere there currently anyway. Nothing to fear for Atletico, been here and done it before - be prepared for an epic scrap. Atletico +0.5AH - 2.075 - bet365 - 5 Points Atletico DNB - 3.5 - betfair - 5 Points

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd Really do think Atletico will qualify tmmrw night. It's no coincidence that Madrids worst patch of form was during modrics absence this season. Bale will also be badly missed with his blistering pace absent from Real Madrids lethal counter attack. Diego Simeone will have his warriors ready for battle and out for revenge.

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd I agree with Atletico too although I'm a bit scared with a fact that Real did not win in last 7 games against fierce city rivals. But all in all guests will on Santiago Bernabeu probably play smart with firm defence and with counter attacks which can be deadly for home team. For Atletico one goal in Reals net would be a massive boost for a team especially if they will be able to score first. Instead Karim Benzema will for Real in attack play Javier Hernandez Chicharito - he is a player who I'm scared because Atletico players are more comfortable and familiar with Real regulars I believe. They know how to close Cristiano Ronaldo and others, they know their usual moves and tricks but Mexican attacker plays quite rarely and I see this as advantage for Real because he is nasty and knows to how to dive or fake foul. Both teams will probably not risk so much (well, Real will push forward for sure but will not forget on defence too) and if both goalkeepers (probably Oblak for Atletico will have a lot more work to do) will be again in form we might see another 0:0 match, extra time and penalties too. With no Luka Modric Real midfield will be probably again quite lost I think. Of course James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos and Isco are capable to do anything but Diego Simeone will close midfield area on the pitch quite tight. Another threat for Atletico will be corners and free kicks. Sergio Ramos, Cristiano Ronaldo and Varane can jump high and they will be very dangerous in those situations. But I still believe Atletico is capable to cancel those those threats and at least play another draw. My bets Atletico DNB 5/10 and draw 3/10.

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd Psychologically this is the perfect scenario for Atletico. Away from home against their hated rivals, sporting the underdog tag they love, Benzema and Modric two of the most important cogs in the machine out, hungry to avenge the Champions League final loss, and knowing that in recent meetings they have the wood over Madrid. As HastGill mentioned the crowd can get unsettled very easily and I think Atletico will absolutely love playing the villains here and ruining Real's European run.

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd Marcelo also a bog miss in defence and attacking option for real given the excellent form.he was.however last year ancelotti often preferred coentrao to the brazilian defender for winning for example the final last year.also in attack hernandez has to press and keep defenders miranda and godin engaged otherwise real will have big problems to score.this can easily go OT and penalty kicks.however real with illaramendi on midfield will be more defensive minded and aggressive, i suspect that tonight will be an electric environment on bernabeu.i think tonight it is more to the heart and the commitments of the two, overall i see more quality in real but cannot decide if it will be decided in regular time or not

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd Real Madrid – Atletico Madrid – Win for Real Madrid at 1.86 @ Marathonbet Real Madrid will have been pleased with their performance in the 1st leg at the Vicente Calderon (0-0), as now any win at home sees them through to the semifinals. They have picked up their play recently and are unbeaten in their last 5 competitive fixtures, with 4 of those ending in victory for Los Blancos. Their weekend match ended in a comfortable 3-1 win over Malaga, as Cristiano Ronaldo enjoyed another fine performance for his club with a hand in all 3 goals (1 goal and 2 assists). Tonight they will miss Modric, Bale, Benzema and Marcelo, four very important players. Atletico Madrid won’t be ecstatic with their 0-0 draw in the 1st leg, but they will be pleased by refusing to allow an away goal. Now any score-draw gets them through to the next round, and considering the recent injury concerns for the hosts, Atletico will be confident of advancing here. They have gone unconquered against their rivals in all 7 competitive showdowns since last season’s Champions League Final defeat, and even that loss was forced into extra time.

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd Real without 4 very important players is vulnerable at the back and will struggle to control the game in midfield ! It's going to be a loooong night for Real fans ! Any way.... i found a couple of very lucrative bets: Atletico to Qualify @ 2.46 marathonbet 4/10 Atletico to win or draw and under 3,5 goals @ 2.79 marathonbet 5/10 Atletico DNB @ 3.32 marathonbet 3/10 Atletico win to NIL @ 11 marathonbet 1/10

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd Its funny when i read peopel saying Atletico wants to plot revenge for losing finals, this is long over, this was maybe a factor in the first few meetings, but its nearly a year now, and 7 matches inbetween.... If anyone is out to have revenge and win its Real Madrid, not winning for straight 7 games..... Cannot see them not win forever.... I will most likely bet on Real win, but the key things are, getting a goal in the first 20 minutes.... if they fail to score in the 1st half, they will get even more nervous.... Also im afraid of usual that some surprise result in each leg of Champions league, last one was Porto win, now both second leg matches went as expected, so it might be difficult. Fun prediction 2:1 for Real to qualify.

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd

Real Madrid – Atletico Madrid – Win for Real Madrid at 1.86 @ Marathonbet Tonight they will miss Modric, Bale, Benzema and Marcelo, four very important players. Atletico Madrid won’t be ecstatic with their 0-0 draw in the 1st leg, but they will be pleased by refusing to allow an away goal. Now any score-draw gets them through to the next round, and considering the recent injury concerns for the hosts, Atletico will be confident of advancing here. They have gone unconquered against their rivals in all 7 competitive showdowns since last season’s Champions League Final defeat, and even that loss was forced into extra time.
This bit and your bet dont seem to corrélate Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Real without 4 very important players is vulnerable at the back and will struggle to control the game in midfield ! It's going to be a loooong night for Real fans ! Any way.... i found a couple of very lucrative bets: Atletico to Qualify @ 2.46 marathonbet 4/10 Atletico to win or draw and under 3,5 goals @ 2.79 marathonbet 5/10 Atletico DNB @ 3.32 marathonbet 3/10 Atletico win to NIL @ 11 marathonbet 1/10
I am with you today except last pick - (away win to nill). I believe in something like 1-1 or 2-2 today. Real will play at home but without thir key players (Modrich, Bale, Benzema). BUT please remember yesterday's game when Bayern faced the same problem. Of cause Porto is not the same as Atletico but I wouldn't be surprised to see 3-0 today and Ronaldo hat-trick (why not?). Red card at the beginning of game (foul on Ronaldo and red card to the one of Atletico defender). 1-0 and Simeone will have to play open game there will be defeated. This is just one of my forecast, I believe in Atletico qualification. Good luck to everyone, couple of months ago I bet on Atletico win Champion league for odd=21 (1/10 points).

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd one more bet by my side: 10 points on the 7+ cards in WilliamHill for 1.62 and 6 points on the 4-6 cards for 2.8 at the same place. It is half arbitrage but with 99% of likelihood. Why? Because I don't believe in 1-3 cards in such important game. Only this way we lose bet. Profitability is only 2.62% BUT it is valuable for me to have profit. I believe in 5-9 cards. Last time my forecast wasn't successful but it was just unlucky day. I don't think it will be replay today.

Why are Real Madrid now 2.05 on Bet365 and getting bigger by the minute??
because they are not favorites today). maybe something happened? we shall read news and check what's happened. Maybe all in on Atletico??? ^)))

one more bet by my side: 10 points on the 7+ cards in WilliamHill for 1.62 and 6 points on the 4-6 cards for 2.8 at the same place. It is half arbitrage but with 99% of likelihood. Why? Because I don't believe in 1-3 cards in such important game. Only this way we lose bet. Profitability is only 2.62% BUT it is valuable for me to have profit. I believe in 5-9 cards. Last time my forecast wasn't successful but it was just unlucky day. I don't think it will be replay today.
Can't agree with this at all. Your talking about a 1/38 shot? Giving the bookie 38/1 on under 4 cards?? Surely you can find a better value bet than this. Not saying it won't win, but 1/38?? Jasus Sent from my HTC One_M8 using PL Forum

I agree with Atletico too although I'm a bit scared with a fact that Real did not win in last 7 games against fierce city rivals. But all in all guests will on Santiago Bernabeu probably play smart with firm defence and with counter attacks which can be deadly for home team. For Atletico one goal in Reals net would be a massive boost for a team especially if they will be able to score first. Instead Karim Benzema will for Real in attack play Javier Hernandez Chicharito - he is a player who I'm scared because Atletico players are more comfortable and familiar with Real regulars I believe. They know how to close Cristiano Ronaldo and others, they know their usual moves and tricks but Mexican attacker plays quite rarely and I see this as advantage for Real because he is nasty and knows to how to dive or fake foul. Both teams will probably not risk so much (well, Real will push forward for sure but will not forget on defence too) and if both goalkeepers (probably Oblak for Atletico will have a lot more work to do) will be again in form we might see another 0:0 match, extra time and penalties too. With no Luka Modric Real midfield will be probably again quite lost I think. Of course James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos and Isco are capable to do anything but Diego Simeone will close midfield area on the pitch quite tight. Another threat for Atletico will be corners and free kicks. Sergio Ramos, Cristiano Ronaldo and Varane can jump high and they will be very dangerous in those situations. But I still believe Atletico is capable to cancel those those threats and at least play another draw. My bets Atletico DNB 5/10 and draw 3/10.
I was scared of Javier Hernandez and Mexican attacker truly killed my bets... :(

Its funny when i read peopel saying Atletico wants to plot revenge for losing finals, this is long over, this was maybe a factor in the first few meetings, but its nearly a year now, and 7 matches inbetween.... If anyone is out to have revenge and win its Real Madrid, not winning for straight 7 games..... Cannot see them not win forever.... I will most likely bet on Real win, but the key things are, getting a goal in the first 20 minutes.... if they fail to score in the 1st half, they will get even more nervous.... Also im afraid of usual that some surprise result in each leg of Champions league, last one was Porto win, now both second leg matches went as expected, so it might be difficult. Fun prediction 2:1 for Real to qualify.
Win for me, thanks for bookies for such a generous offer..... 50€ profit.... Atletico showed 0 today, like last time, and Real was without 4 key players!

Re: Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 22nd His subs were poor as well. Not sure why Gabi didn't play from the start, wasted 1 sub to bring him on at half time. Then Raul Garcia was ineffective. The last sub was rubbish especially when the tie was still 0-0. Won't be surprised to see him leave. His style of football is not really that attractive but effective, will Man City or PSG want him? I believe Klopp interest them more.

Think Atletico have a fantastic chance to qualify here, the injuries have swayed the tie in their favour imo. Modric is the key man in this team, more so than Ronaldo, Bale or Kroos, possibly only Benzema adds more to this team and the good news for us it that he is injured too! I'm not saying this will be easy by any stretch but in making such an expensively assembled side Real have ignored the requirement for a good squad depth, the fact that Ancelotti rarely rotates unless forced to shows his lack of faith in the reinforcements. I think Atletico were a bit unsure about what to do in the first game, 0-0 at home used to be seen as a bad result but for a side like Atletico that are so difficult to beat it was a pretty decent result. I expect a similar match to the others this season between the two at the Bernabeu. All the team will drop goalside of Kroos when he has the ball and looks to play out, don't be surprised to see 9 or 10 Atletico players in their defensive third of the pitch but still keeping a reasonably high defensive line. This allows the midfield and attackers to press as required and keep solid front to back and side to side, you can't simply sit in your own box against Real as they will get through eventually you need to aggressively hunt the ball - almost in packs and Atletico do this against them better than anyone. Their game plan is just as suited to playing away, they are the best side without the ball in European football. Such is the impact of Benzema and Modric I would be playing far lower stakes if either were playing but to beat Atletico they need all their best players available, Oblak had a good match in the first game and will probably need to again here. Don't expect Atletico to dominate possession but do expect them to close space down in important areas and make it very difficult for Real going forward. Atletico suffered badly in the first half of the match last week as they didn't close Modric or Kroos quickly enough and allowed them to dictate the play, they shouldn't have that problem here as whoever partners Kroos won't have the required passing ability. Another factor is the crowd who are generally very impatient and will get on the players backs if they are struggling, expect some whistles if they don't start well as there isn't a brilliant atmosphere there currently anyway. Nothing to fear for Atletico, been here and done it before - be prepared for an epic scrap. Atletico +0.5AH - 2.075 - bet365 - 5 Points LOST Atletico DNB - 3.5 - betfair - 5 Points LOST
A gutting loss in the last couple of minutes. Main problem for Atletico was not being able to relieve the pressure on their back line, Mandzukic isn't really suited to this sides tactics and he can't hold the ball up like Costa did. Real deserved to win over the two legs.