Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th

Aidymac

Re: Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th Matt Kuchar - 5 Points each-way @ 18/1 Paddy Power - 6 Places Shawn Stefani - 4 Points each-way @ 80/1 Paddy Power - 6 Places I backed Matt last week and he was bang in contention going into the final round, only 2 off the leader and eventual wide margin winner Jimmy Walker. Matt had a horrific final round, he looked quite amateurish at times and how he finished +1 for the round and how he finished in the places was a miracle. It has to be said, there ain't many in the world of golf that can compete with his scrambling stats, he can get up and down from impossible positions. He finished T16 in the Humana two years ago, but still had an impressive score of -20 so this should be a birdie fest once more. The big concern about this even in recent years is none of the big guns would come here so many didn't really class it as a proper PGA Tour event but this year Phil Mickelson, Patrick Reed, Zach Johnson, Kuch and Keegan Bradley have all shown the event respect which is good. If Kuchar comes here and plays the way he can, he will be in the Top 6 at the very least. The other player of interest to me is a guy by the name of Shawn Stefani, a player more than capable of putting in a bold show this weekend. He really caught the eye last weekend in the Sony Open, with rounds of 69,66,65 and 68 to put him in a tie for 6th place. His previous tournament was the Mayakoba Classic where he finished 2nd and he has gone on record on Twitter recently saying that he feels he can win a PGA Tour event very soon, all he needs is a good week with the putter. I think 80/1 is massive so he is worth a go.

Re: Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th An event capable of throwing up a big price winner with Patrick Reed and Johhny Vegas amongst them at triple figures in the last 4 years 2 pts each way Ryan Palmer 20/1 Skybet 3 top 10s in the last 4 years here and a solid 17th last week, little disappointed in the price but will play 1 pts each way Justin Leonard 150/1 Skybet 2 pts Justin Leonard top 10 finish 10/1 Skybet has 4 top 10s in 12 years and a 13th, including 3rd last year. Clearly likes it round here and will hopefully secure a place. 1 pts each way Ben Crane 125/1 Skybet 2 pts Ben Crane top 10 finish 9/1 Skybet two top 10s in the last 3 years here and a solid performance finishing 26th a fortnight ago 0.5 pts each way DJ Trahan 300/1 Skybet 1 pts DJ Trahan Top 10 finish 25/1 Skybet This just looks a big price for a former winner who has another top 10 and a near miss on his resume as well Good luck everyone :ok

Re: Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th The Humana Challenge at PGAWest is a real 'crapshoot.' Expect the unexpected! Eagles and birdies are the order of the day on 3 short Par 72 courses which allow the PGA Tour pros plentyof chances. The Humana is a Pro-Am, so both course and pin positions arerelatively simple and Palm Desert, Califowhere the tournament is based is renowned for it's beautiful weather. Until 2014, I'd never had much luck at this event, where logic seemingly goes out of the window, but then I landed each-way returns on Palmer (40/1) and Leonard (125/1). It could have been so much better! I now look for players who like Bermuda Poa Trivialis greens and who have a history of shooting low scores in resort scoring tests. Immediate form-in seems almost inconsequential when looking at recent winners, but PGA Tour appearances prior to arriving in Cis a rock-solid trend since Hoffman's win in 2007. Kevin Streelman looks a great shot at 80/1 with BetVictor. Contended in Kuala Lumpur, the week after finishing like a steam train at TPC Summerlin, where he finished 2nd in the desert behind Ben Martin. Playing really well from tee-to-green right now and is a streaky putter. The perfect mix for PGA West, where he has a couple of Top 10 finishes to his name. He's a far more confident player when in contention these days. I'm also into Andres Gonzales this week, who I can't back in the outright, but can certainly get-behind in the Top 10 market. A player who loves to perform in California and Utah, I think 18/1 with Stan James is a big price for a guy who grabbed his best main Tour finish in Min November.

Re: Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th The Pro-Am nature of this makes outsiders the value for me. Pin locations are set up to be more accessible than other PGA events and this pretty much throws form out the window and favours streaky players. I think a guy like Luke Donald or Keegan Bradley represent awful value this week as they are best on tougher courses whereas I'm looking for a guy who can bully a low scoring course with power and putting. Scott Stallings @ 80 Betfair Stallings is much more than just a guy who does well on easy courses but his win at the Sanderson Farms certainly showed he is capable of it. He hit 6 birdies on the back 9 on Sunday to win at Greenbrier for his maiden title and though his result was poor last year he hit a lot of shots close and missed. I remember this well as I saw this as a good sign for his next event which he went on to win (Torrey Pines). He'll be defending his title there in a couple of weeks and you often see a guy perform well leading up to and including the defence of a title (see Jimmy Walker last 2 weeks). Has superb length off the tee and if he can get streaky hot with the putter he's a super chance. Knows how to close out a tournament too. Tony Finau @ 75 Betfair Generally speaking I feel he's over-rated when it comes to winning chances but this week I'm making an exception. He has great length off the tee but he considers his best strength to be his putting, and with the easy course set up this week I feel that he can pull of a Jonny Vegas style victory. Robert Garrigus @ 160 Betfair I feel he should have won this in 2012 save for a bad over par 1st round. Despite that he still managed to finish 2nd to Mark Wilson and I have a hunch that he could put in a strong performance this week. The other name to interest me is Russell Knox, as he has a go low ability.

Re: Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Stallings to win Humana Challenge 80/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-6) Stallings should have won this tournament in 2013 when he led going into the final round but he could only shoot 70 and got swamped by the chasing pack but that shows us that he can go low. He has a good record with strokes gained putting in recent times which could be important this week and he makes a lot of birdies. His form recently has generally been very good with just the odd bad hole costing him dearly but this tournament doesn’t offer much penalty from tee to green so Stallings can make up for that near miss two years ago with the W this year. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/humana-challenge-betting-scott-stallings-can-land-the-title-in-california

Re: Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th Top player previews: 2pts ew P.Casey Top European 7/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-3) I’ve a bit of a hunch that Paul Casey will go well this week. He held the 18 hole lead in the Sony Open last week before limping home but this should be much more up his street. Not many players are as aggressive as Casey is and in good conditions he can go at the pins. His long game has been in good order for a while now but he isn’t the worst putter in the world either. Last week’s opening round shows Casey can go low and with a good personality for these pro-am events he looks a fair price at 7/1 in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/humana-challenge-betting-paul-casey-can-fire-his-way-through-the-european-leaderboard 1pt ew S.Appleby Top Rest of the World Player 20/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-4) One man who looks overpriced this week is Stuart Appleby. The Australian went fairly well in Hawaii last week where he shot four rounds under par and was in the top 15 for Greens in Regulation and in the top 5 for strokes gained putting. They are good form factors ahead of this week and with a couple of previous good finishes in this tournament in the three years since it was reduced to four rounds he could be the one to be the best of those from the rest of the world. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/humana-challenge-betting-stuart-appleby-appeals-in-the-rest-of-the-world-market

Re: Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th Zach Attack! Zach Johnson 30/1 EW Place1,2,3,4,5. B 365 Zach Johnson is not the sort of guy you want in the mix on Sunday if you have backed against him. Johnson started this season with a 7th place in the tournament of champions two weeks ago. He didn't really get going last week and would have eased off the gas towards the end and should be up and ready to go this week in the tournament where he finished tied 3rd last year beaten three strokes by the blistering -28 total posted by Patrick Reed. The former Masters champion is superb from tee to green so if the flat stick is hot, I fancy him to be amongst late on Sunday. GL

Re: Humana Challenge > January 22nd - 25th

Bad luck Aidy. I think on Stefani as much as anything - 5 shots off in the lead and shot +3 in the first round. Kuch must be driving you insane' date=' though IIRC he did something similar last year and then finally won one.[/quote'] Kuch is driving me nuts mate, it really does look like prize-money is what drives the man. He should have had a 4 shot lead going into the final round but he put the ball in the water on the 17th and 18th in round 3. A birdie on the last would have forced a play-off. Stefani was an eye-catcher, started so slow, barely made the cut, then had a 63 and a 67. Ah well, onto next week. :-)