Nap Of The Day 9th December

1.00 Southwell Some really good races today on the fibresand with some competitive big field handicaps. Admirable Art caught the eye last time out over CD finishing well, had previously run well over a mile around here and a concern has to be that he needs that longer trip. Lendal Bridge has first time cheekpieces on, clearly needs to step up on recent efforts back in handicaps. Masked Dance is worth keeping an eye on for a yard going well at present, however he has become a very rare winner these days, has dropped to an incredibly dangerous mark and often runs his race around here, but still needs to step up. Kingsway Lad’s only run of note was on this surface in March. Has been dropped in handicap by 5lb since then so could be competitive. Slight concern how quiet the yard are currently. Trust Me Boy ran out a solid 3rd at 40/1 last time out around here over a mile, drop in trip shouldn’t cause huge issue. Does need to back that run up but this surface may be the key. Sairaam ran well at Yarmouth when last seen however, form prior to that was poor and certainly hasn’t pulled up any trees around here recently. Novalist is the interesting runner for me, caught the eye last time out staying on at the death last time out at Brighton on heavy ground. Has barely ever run a bad race on this surface and has now dropped to 9lb below last winning mark. Could easily run well at a price in this fiercely wide open affair. 0.5pt e/w Novalist 12/1 bet365

Re: Nap Of The Day 9th December Uttoxeter 2.20 - Emral Silk 3/1 Paddy Power BoG- 1 point I have stayed away from this horse on his last couple of runs because the form of his win wasnt great but now he is back down into a C4 and the two races he has been in have worked out well (C3 and C2 handicaps). He looks one to keep on the right side of at this level and there isnt a great deal in the opposition. Filatore could be the main danger. He likes heavy ground but even then he still finds one too good most of the time, but I cant see him being far away. Storm of Swords is likely to be popular given his trainer and whilst he has been running in better company as well he hasnt been making as much of an impression. Im not sure soft ground is his preferred surface either. Rosa Fleet is also from a powerful stable but their horses are normally running pretty well FTO and their 2nd runs havent generally been as impressive so given how poor this one was on reappearance I am prepared to watch her run. The rest wouldnt seem to be good enough.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.