** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday November 4th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday November 4th 4pts Dortmund (-1.75AH) to beat Galatasaray 1.80 Paddy Power Given the ease in which Dortmund won the first game between these two it is hard to see how Galatasaray can be competitive in this match. The Turkish side were woeful at Arsenal in their last away game in this group and look a pretty poor side overall despite the flashes of brilliant talent in the midst of their side. Dortmund can’t buy a result back home in the Bundesliga but they can’t stop winning in this competition and I foresee another comfortable win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/borussia-dortmund-vs-galatasaray-betting-dortmund-can-ease-to-another-big-win

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday November 4th Galatasaray double chance 3.75 Bet365 In the context of the season, I think that Borussia's match at home to 'Gladbach is more important. They are virtually qualified to the knockout stage of the Champions League. Borussia have failed to win three of their four matches at home to opponents of Galatasaray's calibre - 3-1 Freiburg, 2-2 Stuttgart, 0-1 Hamburger, 0-1 Hannover. One could say that league form and Champions League form are a totally different matter, but should Dortmund's good Champions League run continue when they are making so many mistakes in defense, a lot of key players are returning totally out of form and the future of their best player is unknown?

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday November 4th I could hardly agree with what you wrote here. In the past, there have been a number of cases where the team was flying high in CL, but failed miserably in the domestic competition, I could name Monaco and Nantes for start. The fact of the matter is, BVB has been really close to the top in CL in the past seasons, they have already realised they only need to clinch the CL spot in Bundesliga, therefore they will want to be successful in CL at home. They had some terrible results in domestic competition, but I think that Galatasaray are far behind any of the bundesliga sides you mentioned. In UEFA competition they have hardly any notable results, and definitely not away from home. I do see value in backing Galata, but at the same time I dont see any probability in such an outcome. I am tempted to back a draw at HT, for a small stake, probably before kick off, should the odds spike.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday November 4th

I could hardly agree with what you wrote here. In the past, there have been a number of cases where the team was flying high in CL, but failed miserably in the domestic competition, I could name Monaco and Nantes for start. The fact of the matter is, BVB has been really close to the top in CL in the past seasons, they have already realised they only need to clinch the CL spot in Bundesliga, therefore they will want to be successful in CL at home. They had some terrible results in domestic competition, but I think that Galatasaray are far behind any of the bundesliga sides you mentioned. In UEFA competition they have hardly any notable results, and definitely not away from home. I do see value in backing Galata, but at the same time I dont see any probability in such an outcome. I am tempted to back a draw at HT, for a small stake, probably before kick off, should the odds spike.
The cases with Monaco and Nantes were over 10 years ago. In 2011/2012 Villareal endured a horrid domestic campaign and were eventually relegated. Villareal finished bottom in their CL group in 2011/2012 with 0 points. Up until then they had a very good CL pedigree with a semifinal in 2006 and a quaterfinal in 2009. Galata are behind Hannover, Freiburg and Hamburger? Last season they knocked out Juve in the group stage. In 2012/2013 Galata defeated Manchester United and Real Madrid, also knocking out Schalke, a Bundesliga team far superior to the aformentioned lot. Such results are way above the capability of Hannover, Freiburg and Hamburger.

The cases with Monaco and Nantes were over 10 years ago. In 2011/2012 Villareal endured a horrid domestic campaign and were eventually relegated. Villareal finished bottom in their CL group in 2011/2012 with 0 points. Up until then they had a very good CL pedigree with a semifinal in 2006 and a quaterfinal in 2009. Galata are behind Hannover, Freiburg and Hamburger? Last season they knocked out Juve in the group stage. In 2012/2013 Galata defeated Manchester United and Real Madrid, also knocking out Schalke, a Bundesliga team far superior to the aformentioned lot. Such results are way above the capability of Hannover, Freiburg and Hamburger.
Dortmund beat Galatasaray 4-0 in Turkey, only a couple of weeks ago.

Dortmund beat Galatasaray 4-0 in Turkey' date=' only a couple of weeks ago.[/quote'] It doesn't mean it will happen again. Last season in similar circumstances PSG defeated Anderlecht 5-0 away, but drew 1-1 at home two weeks later. In 2008/2009 in similar circumstances Barcelona defeated Basel 5-0 away, but drew 1-1 at home two weeks later.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday November 4th When i mentioned ASM and Nantes, I was merely implying that a there were many cases when the domestic league form was in stark contrast to what they were producing in CL. I do agree that I was too quick to write off Galata's past good results, but at the same time this year 3 games 1 point, 2:9 goal difference, 1:4 away from home in a single game. I just cant see them winning at this point.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday November 4th I see your point, Masturbinho, and tend to agree with you. But you can't forget that qualify to next stage as first of the group or second could mean face Real Madrid or Monaco. Considering the goal difference between Dortmund and Arsenal, if they win their next two matches, they'll play for a draw at Emirates, if they drop points they might qualify in second place with a simple 1-0 defeat in England. That said, I think they'll fight for 3 points, but don't see much value in the handicap. Maybe Draw/Dortmund @ 3.75, or Dortmund win in a accumulator.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday November 4th I have Dortmund to win the CL at 40/1 (noted in the antepost not after-eventing!) but I'm certainly surprised by how poor they have been in the Bundesliga, you would have to think that is now the priority given that they will almost certainly qualify from the group. Dortmund won't struggle in the league for too much longer I don't think but players are struggling for form - Weidenfeller and Hummels have been guilty of some horrendous errors - Gundogen has just returned from a year out, Immobile struggling in a new style etc. They probably won't be on top form until after the winter break. If German sides have figured out how to play against them the CL opposition don't have a clue, I personally think Galatasaray are garbage and I've never been impressed by them particularly away from home where they usually struggle - losing 5 of the last 6 away and 4 of those losses by 2 or more, tells its own story. I would personally leave this one alone as I wouldn't be confident enough in Dortmund beating the handicap to back them at 1.65-7 but if Galatasaray defend the way they did in the first game they should cover it with ease.

It doesn't mean it will happen again. Last season in similar circumstances PSG defeated Anderlecht 5-0 away' date=' but drew 1-1 at home two weeks later. In 2008/2009 in similar circumstances Barcelona defeated Basel 5-0 away, but drew 1-1 at home two weeks later.[/quote'] I take every game on it's own merit. What team have the better players? Dortmund. Galatasaray have a shocking away record, and were a better side 1-2 years ago. Dortmund have been poor in the league, but that has not affected them one bit in the Champions League (3/3). They beat Gala 4-0 a couple of weeks ago in Turkey, which is normally a very tough place to go to. So personally, I don't see the logic backing Galatasaray in any way, but each to their own.