County Cricket

Re: County Cricket Fancy Warwicks to get at least 50 lead, & if Middlesex dont bat for a day thern Warwicks could chase them down in 2 sessions. Kent need 450 minimum, & then bowl Gloucs out & enforce the f/on, & do it again. Only way I can see a result. Sussex-Notts probably a draw. Glamorgan_Surrey toght to call, all depends on Ramps whos on 60-odd. Northants should enforce the follow on & win. Lancs in trouble & can see Worcs chasing 225/250, but might not be easy, it was only Hicky first time around. Expect Essex to get 150 lead minimum & have 4 sessions @ Somerset, who fell in a similar situation last week.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: County Cricket Surrey ended on 248, a deficit of 2, Ramps scored 107. Glamorgan then fell for 173, Surrey overnight are 122-4 with Ramps looking good again. Kent collapsed for virtually nothing the morning to end on 359, Gloucs crawling along to 208-7, so barring a massive disaster theyve saved the follow-on so probably a draw. Notts replied to Sussex's 379 with 488-6, Gallian run out for 199 & also Fleming got 111. Must be a draw, mind you, Notts will have high hopes if they can get a couple of early wickets. Warwicks did well to score 430all out after being 12-2, Bell ended on 231. Middlesex ended up 137-3, a lead of 5, & if no rain need to bat till tea & a lead of 250 to be safe. Derby followed on after being bowled out for 241 chasing Northants 451-7, & are 119-0 second time around. Johan Louw took 6-71. Worcs held a 1st innings lead of 105, but Lancs scored 377 second time, Flintoff 83, Law 83. Worcs 58-2 with Hick on 30-odd, Stan offers Worcs Evs, Lancs 8/11, doesnt look a bad shout on Worcs but Hick is looking a bit Lara-like. Essex ran up 427-8dec, a lead of 237, Somerset are 128-5 & in it deep if no rain.

Re: County Cricket Looks like the rain on the first day has given Notts too much to do. Something like 60 overs were lost, would've made a big difference without that. I wonder what Mark Ealham was doing near the close yesterday though? 5 off 26 balls? Not like him at all. The cnuts were probably bowling outside leg stump, but everyone else seemed to score quickly. Small point, but could make a difference. You'd have thought Notts would be going for it all guns blazing with such a big score already on the board. I reckon this will end in a draw. My hunch on this seems to have proven correct, Sussex's bowling didn't make much of an impact. Shame these matches aren't 5 days though :lol Actually looking like mostly draws all round. A bit of rain here and there has seen to that. Got to expect that early season really at this time of year

Re: County Cricket I dont mind betting on these as draw no bet TBH, it gives you a margin for error, although obviously the odds arent as good, but ok certainly at this time of year. Notts & Sussex both look decent batting sides tbh, maybe Mushtaq would fancy it on a hard turner, but Fleming is a good bat.

Re: County Cricket I am sure the start of play at trent bridge will be delayed, as it has only just stopped raining. Been a lot of heavy rain this morning, and forecasted for possibility of more showers during the day.. This has cuppered any hopes Notts had of winning this match..

Re: County Cricket Errr....that might not be a bad shout!! Notts declared on 509-8, a lead of 130, & Sussex are 15-2 & not if not staring down the barrel, theres a stench of cordite around. Surrey have won by 5 wickets. Kent bowled out Gloucs for 248, & are 62-2 off 16, so 173 ahead with 8 in hand, so the charge is on. maybe bat until 3pm, 240 ahead & have a bash?? Might just settle for a draw as well, but cant see any point in just having a session at them. Middlesex struggling on 224-7, 92 ahead, only hope is that Ed Joyce is sill in on 60-odd, but somehow they have to get past tea. Cant see it. Start delayed at Derbys. Worcs in the mire on 187-8, still 81 adrift. Hick got 57. somerset about to lose to Essex, 265-9, only 28 ahead.

Re: County Cricket somerset were 180-8, & are now 310-9, but only 70odd ahead so dont think it'll make any difference but theyre scrapping bless'em..... Kent moving steadily on. Joyce gone for Middlesex, 8 down now. Lancs have beaten Worcs. Sussex recovering, still 2 down

Re: County Cricket Damn the rain! Think Notts are going to run out of time. They had Sussex 72-6 forty minutes before tea, but only taken one wicket since :( Never mind, good effort, still alive, but can't see them winning. What was the Swooper about Notts having no bowling? :lol Mind you, if they had, they'd have finished them off from 72-6. Still time though :unsure

Re: County Cricket Hmmm.......remind me not to mention that 'Notts no bowling' line again, Zonk :lol even Sidebottom got a few, & Ive always thought he was the luckiest bloke around to win an England cap!! (ok, Mike Smith & Alan Igglesden ;) ) Nah, fair play, Zonk, good win :ok you were on it as well werent you?? Didnt think Sussex would cave in like that TBH, 159-10, Notts knocked off the 30-0 in 5.5overs. Surrey beat Glamorgan by 5 wkts, Ramps in the runs again. Kent bowled Gloucs out for 248 but just used the last day for practise, finishing 229-5. Warwicks bowled Middlesex out for 246 & scored the required 115-3, Bell scoring runs again. No play @ Derby today so that let them off the hook v Northants. Despite Hickys 57, Worcs fell for 191, losing by 76 to Lancs. Despite some late heroics, Somerset fell for 313, Essex knocked them off 78-1. Warwicks, Essesx & a Kent draw did me fine :ok

Re: County Cricket Stan James sunday NL odds: Lancs 4/7 v Notts 5/4 Middlesex 4/6 v Worcs 11/10 Northants 6/5 v Hants 8/13 Scotland 11/2 v Durham 1/12 Somerset 4/6 v Leics 11/10 Warwicks 8/11 v Kent Evs Yorks 4/7 v Sussex 5/4 Thinking aloud really, but wouldnt rule out Notts @ Lancashire. I think they look a decent OD side & Lancs are yet to win a one day game, although todays win v Worcs after appearing in trouble on day 1 will work wonders. Probably one to miss, but wouldnt rule Notts out. Middlesex have won both their NL games but were in trouble last week @ 37-6 or something similar, so shouldnt be relied on methinks. Lost to Warks today as well so best avoided. Have to fancy Hants to win @ Northants but a bit short for my liking & Martin Love is a good player, but always felt hes a 4-day man myself. Durham, nuff said.........but not @ 1/12 surely! Maybe the only time to even look at Scotlands games is when they play Derbys & have Scotland as an outsider. :loon Somerset are in a bad run, just had 2 heavy championship defeats & lost in this last week @ Headingley, feel Leics are value here, they dont set anything alight but they are a decent steady one day outfit & although theyve lost twice theyve been a touch unfortunate. Warwicks/Kent I dont know, Warwicks will want revenge for hanging on for the draw last week. Swerve I think. Yorkshire have been scoring big runs this season so far & look good to defeat a demoralised Sussex after todays awful collapse to ose @ Notts. This game is the only one to be altered by Stan, Yorks were 8/13.

Re: County Cricket Thanks Swooper :ok Yeah I was on it, took a Notts / Warwickshire double. A bit hard for me to be too obvious what I've bet on in advance, as I run a subscription tipster service, so need to be fair to paying members by not posting bets on public forums :) Obviously I do my best to contribute to the general chat on the games before, during and after though :) As I was saying before, I think Notts will be a hard nut to crack this season in the County Championship, can't see them losing too many. The bowling has potential, but is possibly lacking a little at times. Got the job done today in the end, much to my surprise. When Sussex were 7 down, I thought they'd just coast the rest and draw. Sidebottom :clap :clap :clap Not going to do this, but I reckon if you just put level stakes on Notts for every championship game this season, you'd come out ahead. Only lost once last season, and would be suprised if they lost more than 2 or 3 this time. We shall see though ;) To be honest, everything went in my favour today, football bets as well. Got to be pleased, especially with Notts. They turned what would've been a winning bet at odds of 1.67, into a winning double @ 3.51. Maybe you need to expand your portfolio of bookmakers Swooper by the way. I see you took the 8/15 on Warwickshire, but Canbet had them @ 1.67. Worth baring in mind possibly :)

Re: County Cricket Sunday NL results Lancs 178-8 bt Notts 177-6 by 1 run on last ball thriller. Middlesex 207-7 bt Worcs 201-7 by 3 wkts. Northants 266-9 bt Hants 168ao by 98 runs. Scotland v Durham no result. Somerset 213-2 bt Leics 211-8 by 8 wkts. Warwicks 279-7 bt Kent 260ao by 19 runs. Yorks 158-7 bt Sussex 157 by 3 wkts. Mondays NL odds. Hants 4/6 v Gloucs 11/10 Notts 5/6 v Glam 5/6 Durham 4/7 v Sussex 5/4 Somerset Evs v Surrey 8/11

Re: County Cricket Good luck to you Swooper. I only like Notts when I have a bet on them :) I had a season bet on them last season, but nothing of the same this time. As far as one-day cricket goes, I'm not too keen on it, either to watch or to bet on. Much prefer Test or County Championship cricket from both points of view. I find my betting chances much better on the County Championship than any of the one-day competitions, so as a result, I never bet on them. As far as I'm concerned, it is like two different sports. I'll have plenty to contribute on the County Championship, but looks like you're on your own when it comes to the one-day stuff Swooper :ok

Re: County Cricket I dont disagree, Zonk, I prefer the longer game myself, but I dont seem to be doing too badly with the one dayers, theyre keeping my head above water TBH :lol Hants bottled it again by being bowled out for 150 chasing Gloucs 210-9. 3 on the bounce for Warneys boys. Durham reduced Sussex to 60-5 but Van Der Wath got them up to 182-7, & Durham were 9-2 when it was abandoned, so perhaps a lucky escape there. Somerset smashed up 325-6 against Surrey, its amazing what a win does, & Surrey were 226-9 in reply. Glamorgan scored 204-4 off 38ovs, but that was adjusted to 221 by Duckworth Lewis. Notts needed to hit the last 3 balls for 6, & succeeded with the first 2 but fell short on 217-8. 2 winners & a NR for me :ok Cheltenham & Gloucester Trophy (tues & wed) 8 games per day, but some of the counties are playing board sides, so only odds on 5 games by Stan: Durham 4/11 v Derbys 15/8 Ireland 13/2 v Yorkshire 1/16 Wales 15/2 v Notts 1/25 leics 6/5 v Somerset 8/13 Scotland 6/1 v Worcs 1/14 Some interest for big hitters possibly, but bare in mind that Middlesex did get beat in Ireland a few years ago.....some abbatoir worker smashed 'em round Dublin or wherever it is they play. They wouldnt sledge him because his forearms were bigger than the Middlesex bats!! Durham have a 100% record so far & should despatch Derbys, but Durham had what might have been a lucky escape today v Sussex thanks to rain. Also they went up to Scotland sunday for no play & this is their day of supposed play on the trot.......but against that Derbys are still shite!! I'd be very surprised if Durham lost this, & I believe there is a second day available if weather affected, but not 100% on that. leicester arent a bad One Day side but have lost all 3 NL games, the first 2 a bit unluckily but they went down by 8 wkts against Somerset on sunday. Somerset now have won 2 on the bounce & made a big score v Surrey today, so the confidence should be there.

Re: County Cricket Kent only just avoided defeat to Wiltshire :eek Defending only 160, Simon Cook took 4 whilst Wilts out for 151. Gloucs could yet be in trouble versus Berkshire, Gloucs only scored 223, Berks 69-2 overnight with play resuming tomorrow.

Re: County Cricket Cheers David :ok C&G results. Holland 214-10 chasing Warwicks 237-5. A bit closer than anticipated. Scotland v Worcs. No play today. Berkshire were bowled out for 138 chasing Gloucs 223, chandana took 4. Bucks were 39-2 off 10.3 chasing Lancs rather large 370-4. Lancs won by 51 runs D/L Essex 264-5, Devon 84. Ireland 201-7, Yorkshire 202-4. Northumberland 206-8, Middlesex 210-0. Shropshire 132 Hants 133-3.

Re: County Cricket Staffordshire 186, Surrey 192-7 after being 47-4, panic..... Somerset 94-10, Leicester 96-7.....good pitch!! Bedfordshire 143-9, Sussex currently 90-1 off 10ovs!! Durham 234-10, Derbys currently 48-1 off 11, but will go into tomorrow.

Re: County Cricket Derbyshire overnight needed 103 off 13 overs with 5 wickets in hand, & did it off the last ball by one wicket :( Disaster....Durham were 4/11!!....oh well...... County Championship Week 4 (friday starts) Division 1 Glamorgan 4/6 v Gloucs 11/10 Glamorgan lost both games in the CC so far, Gloucs lost one, drawn one. Gloucs lost both NL, but won in the C&G this week, Glamorgan one win & 2 NR's, but also won this week (Ithink).Maynard missing again for Glamorgan, who add Cosker & Davies to the side who lost to Surrey. Gloucs miss Matt Windows & will do for 3 weeks, Kirby returns after missing the C&G game. 2 also rans in the championship I think, & could be a low-scoring game. Both sides have excellent spirit & are real handfuls in the one-dayers, regardless of results, but perhaps Gloucs powers are waning. After saying that, not sure Glamorgan should be that clear favourites, & wouldnt dismiss Gloucs by any means. Both will have this down as a must win game to avoid trouble. Hants 8/13 v Middlesex 6/5 Middlesex lost one, drawn one in the championship, but won all 3 NL games so spirit shouldnt be a problem, but Strauss is under a little pressure with not many runs so far. Hants won one, drawn one in the CC but lost both NL games & look to have a bit of a problem chasing in that competition, so maybe a bit of a confidence problem to an extent. For Hants, Tremlett in after missing the C&G, celebrasting his inclusion in the England 25, & also Mascarhenas in line for a place. Middlesex drop Jamie Dalrymple but include Chris Whelan. Hants @ full strength & Pietersen hungry for runs pushing for a test place, think they'll probably be too strong for Middlesex, who look more suited to a one-day campaign, with not many stars outside of Styris & Strauss. Surrey 8/11 v Notts Evs Interesting one this, Surrey not looking too commanding at all, but as ever a short price. Theyve drawn with Sussex & beaten Glamorgan unconvincingly, where they scored 426 runs for 15 wickets, of which Ramps got 175 of them. Theyve lost to Yorks in the NL, & followed that up with a 99 run defeat by Somerset whose previous form had made East Stirling look commanding, then they only scraped past Staffs by 7 wickets in midweek, Ramps again the saviour, & in the middle of that lot they lost to Bradford & Leeds Uni in 3 days. Notts have made a decent CC start, a win & a draw. Impressive last day win v Sussex last week, & theyve scored over 500 both times. Possible questions over penetration which were upheld by letting middlesex off the hook but quitened by going through Sussex. Fleming & Gallian in form. Bicknell ok for Surrey, brother Darren plays for Notts against his old county. Mahmood still missing. Franks & Harris return for Notts. Strongly tempted by Notts here, think Surrey are once again quoted on reputation, & Notts look solid, if I still have doubts about their penetration ;) but pick up Ramps early....... Division 2 Durham 1/2 v Somerset 6/4 Durham top of the table, had a 100% record before losing to Derbys today in the C&G, but looked in trouble monday as well before rain. Somerset had looked desperate, with a draw & 2 heavy defeats in the CC, but they suddenly produced 2 NL wins last week including a score of 325 v Surrey, so confidence must be rising. Against that I was on them wednesday v Leics in the C&G for the same reasons & they were bowled out for 94, although taking 7 in reply, so depends on how heartfelt they take a ropey pitch as to how much it affects them. Think Durham look good but that defeat against Derbys might affect them confidence wise, but with Collingwood & Harmy they should do well, but Somerset have Caddick, Tresco & Jayasuriya who can all change a match. Think Durham are too short but couldnt back Somerset with any belief. No bet. Harmy plays for Durham, Somerset include Simon Francis & drop Nixon McLean. Essex 2/5 v Leics 7/4 Essex look strong to me, a good, balanced, experienced team. They have a draw & a big win against Somerset so far to show in the CC, & a win & a NR in the NL. Dale Sten the SA quickie is in line for his debut & Grant Flower is in the squad. Leics have a defeat by Durham & a draw to show, but 3 NL defeats, although beating Somerset in the C&G marks an improvement. They recall DeFreitas & Robinson & Habib face their former county. Essex to run this game for me, & with a decent score first-up, this could be a big win. Lancs 1/5 v Derbys 3/1 Derbys have lost one drawn one so far, & look destined for the foot of the table, but theyve shown some spirit in the one day game, with a good C&G win over Durham. Di Venuto, Bassano & Botha are decent players, & welch tidy, but the feeling persists they are a cameo side, who might produce enough in a one day game, but not for long enough to survive @ first class. Their win over Durham can only help their confidence however. Lancs didnt start well, but last weekend it turned for them. After being on the receiving end @ Worcs for 2 days, they swung the game around to win, & then scraped past Notts in the NL. In the C&G they smashed up 370-4 midweek. Brad Hodge will make a belated Lancs debut & Flintoff plays. Derbys add Gray & Havell to the 11 who played in the first 2 CC games. Lancs should be too strong for a poor Derbys, but 1/5?? Yorkshire 8/15 v Northants 11/8 Yorks have started strongly with a win & a draw, & 3 NL wins out of 3. Theyuve scored some big runs along the way as well. They can only be strengthened by Vaughan starting his season here, Hoggard also plays. Northants have the same CC team, so Pietersen doesnt play even after his 7-10 midweek. They look steady, 2 draws so far, & are no mugs, but fancy Yorks to be too strong here.

Re: County Cricket Fair enough, I was in no way trying to critisise, just saying that you are missing out on greater profits by not taking the best odds :) Another good day for Notts. The odds for that match were priced up more on reputation than current form :)

Re: County Cricket Scores on the doors after day 1: Hants 275, Middlesex 9-0. Crawley 84 in an average score for Hants, but not sure Middlesex will get too far past it myself, if at all. Hants 6/5, Middlesex 8/13 Gloucs 439-8 v Glamorgan, Chris Taylor 176, big total, Glamorgan will be under a lot of pressure here. No odds Surrey 217, Notts 204-2, D Bicknell 91, Gallian 80-odd & still in. Surrey 3/1, Notts 1/5. Looks a good gamble on Notts (all my bets are in S&S), think theyll get 450 & Surrey are in it, only Ramps standing between Notts & Victory second time around? Notts havent won here in 10 years, & Ramps got 279* last time.... Somerset 252, Collingwood 5-52, Durham 141-7 after being 84-0!! Caddick has 5. Swerved this for this exact reason, Durhams confidence. Still, not chasing a lot so can repair. Durham 11/10, Somerset 4/6. Leics 220, Essex 68-0. Going as expected, Essex 1/5, Leics 3/1. Derby 215, Lancs 65-0, no odds. Northants 281, Yorks 30-0. Northants were 151-7. Yorks 2/7, Northants 9/4. All revised odds Stan James.

Re: County Cricket After day 2: (all revised odds Stan James) Glam v Gloucs - Gloucs finished on 466, then bowled Glamorgan out for 239 & enforcing the follow on, finished on 45-1 & in it deep, but Matt Elliott still in.......although they could do with God at the other end....No odds Hants v Middx - my hunch was right about Middx, they were bowled out for 279, only 4 ahead, Shah & Joyce the runscorers. Hants are rocking on 28-2 though. Hants 11/10, Middx 4/6. Anything over 250 is an open game I think. already in on Hantrs twice so suck it & see. Surrey v Notts - its amazing how many in the press etc were thinking the same as us on here that Notts looked good here, but Surrey were still priced on reputation. Notts closed on 580-4, Gallian 141 & Fleming 223*, Hussey 74. Fancy Fleming will have maybe 5 sessions at Surrey & Ramps will have to reproduce 2 years ago to get out of this mess. No odds Durham v Somerset - Durhams tail wagged, over 120 for the 8th wicket, 298 all out, Somerset 88-3 in reply 7 in trouble. Durham 8/11, Somerset Evs Essex v Leics - Essex 362, a lead of 142, handy but could have been bigger. Leics 57-1 second time around. Dont think Essex will need to chase much more than 150. Essex 1/12, Leics 11/2. Lancs v Derby - some play lost today, Lancs finished 175-1 chasing Derbys 215. no odds Yorks v Northants - Yorks scored 328, a lead of 47, Phil Jacques got 176, Northants 9-0 replying. Yorks 4/9, Northants 13/8. Yorks to chase 200ish. NL Div 2. Scotland 11/2 v Kent 1/12 Cant really see any point in this unless youre a big hitter TBH. Scotland wont win many (maybe Derby??) & Kent are decent, but not at those odds. Sussex 6/5 v Warwicks 8/13 Sussex have won just the one, a close call v Derby, but had durham in trouble BH monday before the rain. Warwicks struggled in this comp. last year & were relegated, but won v Kent last week posting 279-7. Nick Knight has 3 tons in successive matches in all forms of cricket, & although Giles steps down I fancy warks here.

Re: County Cricket Sussex v Warwicks. Just had word that a Warwicks player tested positive for drugs in the Glamorgan game last month & will be before the ECB next week. Precedent with Graham Wagg last year & he will be sacked. As I write I have it on good authority from the groundsman grapevine that it is again Keith Piper, a past offender. He'll be out on his ear over this. Seriously thinking of swerving Warwicks over this......

Re: County Cricket Championship scores after day 3: Glam v Glos - Glamorgan finished on 345 second innings, setting Glos just 119, they closed on 59-3. Hants v Middx - after resuming on 28-2, Hants battled through to 304 all out, a decent effort on a pitch that has produced criticism through this match. Runs were shared around But Pothas was top scorer, Middx closed on 6-0 but will do well to knock off the 301 required. Hants 2/5, Middx 7/4 tonight. I wouldnt fancy warney on a ropey 4th day pitch so Hants for me. Surrey v Notts - Notts declared on 692-7, a massive 485 ahead, Surrey are 220-6 with Ramps 92*. All hope on batting the day rests on him TBH. Cant see it. Durham v Somerset - Not much play today, Somerset advanced from the overnight 88-3 to 219-8, 173 ahead. A full day should see Durham win again. Durham 4/9, Somerset 13/8 Essex v Leics - Leics made a decent fist of this & scored 332 in their second innings, setting Essex 191, but it rained before they could start. Essex should walk it but the odds are horrendous, 1/33 & 8/1......not sure Essex should be that short TBH. Lancs v Derbys - Lancs were finally bowled out for 469, & Derbys are 81-1, still 173 behind, but with only 1 day left they may get away with this. Yorks v Northants - a shortened day here as well, but Yorkshire are rampant. Northants 115-7, only 68 ahead, & this should be a formality tomorrow. Yorks 4/9, Northants 13/8. Thats quite generous on Yorks I feel. NL Div 2: Kent scored 227-6 @ The Grange, & bowled Scotland out for 134 for an easy win. Sussex smashed 283-7 v Warwicks, Matt Prior scoring 144. Warwicks only faced 30 overs & came off for rain twice, returning on the second occasion needing a revised 76 off 21 balls.......now thats harsh!! Warwicks finished 153-7.

Re: County Cricket Championship. Gloucester knocked off the required 119-3 to win by 7 wkts. Middlesex were bowled out for 236 for Hants to win by 64 runs, Warne & Tremlett took 4 apiece. Surrey were eventually bowled out for 404 for Notts to win by an innings & 71 runs. Ramps ended on 107 Durham scored the required 244-6, despite heroics from Caddick with 54 & 6 wkts. Essex scored 191-4 to win by 6 wickets. Derby crumbled again for 182 to lose by an innings & 72 runs to Lancs. Northants scored 175-9 to set Yorks 132, which they did for O to win by 10 wkts.