** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

County Cricket

Re: County Cricket Glamorgan followed on after being bowled out for 301 this morning, but batted out the draw with 354-3 in the second innings, with Matt Elliott scoring 162. Draw After a bit of collusion between Warne & Fleming, Notts declared on their overnight 222-5. Hants then scored 220-4 off cafeteria bowling, & Notts collapsed from 250-4 to 261 all out to lose by 16 runs.... Warwicks batted out the day @ Whitgift with 222-3 v Surrey. Draw Derby declared @ lunch on 236-3, & essex, despite early scares, closed on 245-5 Northants scored 225, setting Lancs 252, who finished on 188-8. Draw Somerset saved their blushes after following on v Leics with 225-3. Draw Worcs extended their innings to 267, but Durham just batted out the day to 180-2, Collingwood tonning Sunday NL odds: Glamorgan 8/15 Notts 11/8 Lancs 1/2 Hants 6/4 Middx 5/6 Essex 5/6 Kent 2/5 Derby 7/4 Leics 11/10 Somerset 4/6 Surrey 5/6 Warwicks 5/6

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: County Cricket got most of them right, but the Derby-kent one will have took out half the cricket betting punters in England tbh: Glamorgan-Notts no result, abandoned Lancs 121 Hants 200 :ok Middx 243-6 Essex 245-9 Derby 304-3 :eek Kent 214 :loon .......what the fcuk happened there?? Leics 217-4 Somerset 146 Surrey 260 Warwicks 309-8 :ok Should have followed my instincts & took Leics & ignored the very short priced Kent :cry

Re: County Cricket Managed to pick 3 draws out of 3 last time, to get my stakes back :\ Here's the bet365 odds for the CC games starting on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Div 1 Glamorgan 13/8 Kent 4/9 Middlesex 11/10 Surrey 4/6 Gloucs 9/4 Warwickshire 1/3 Div 2 Somerset 6/5 Worcs 8/13 Yorkshire 5/6 Lancashire 5/6 Durham 5/6 Essex 5/6

Re: County Cricket Kent should have way too much for Glamorgan - the only problem will be whether they can take the wickets, but it looks like a draw at worst. Surrey could easily beat Middlesex - they're clearly coming back to form, and Middlesex aren't particularly good. Worcestershire are another away side who look way too strong for their opponents (Somerset). Durham got off to a flying start, but since losing Harmison to England have drawn 2 from 2 in the CC. Essex have been going well, so could be a good bet to beat them.

Re: County Cricket Just to compare, Stan James have Kent @ 1/2 & Durham @ Evs, but they make Middx/Surrey 5/6 the pair, so quite a differnce there. I certainly agree with Warwicks, I think they'll have far too much for Gloucs, & I thinkthe Warwicks confidence is coming back after surviving against surrey in the championship after being in trouble, & then turning Surrey over in the NL. Also Bell has been released by England to play & this is a big boost as theyve slipped a little without him. I also cant see Kent losing in Wales, & since Maynard has retired, it definetly looks heavily reliant on Matt Elliott to score the runs, although tbf youve got to include Ganguly as well, even though I think he is highly over-rated. Kent must have been hurt by that defeat to Derby on sunday as well. Personally I think Middx/Surrey is a swerve, as I'm not convinced with surrey yet, but its true that Middx are more of a one day side this season. Thorpe is available for Surrey. I'm tempted by Worcs, & somerset are poor, but I'd wait on team news TBH, as Smith is settling in & Jayasuriya cant go on batting like a blind man surely?? worcs worry me, Smith, who got a ton last week is ok, & obviously Hick, but the rest are inconsistent at best, dont forget Durham had them 121-7 last week before Vaas stuck with Smith. swerve for me. The Roses is probably best avoided, but I fancy Yorkshire...i really do. Hoggard has been cleared to play & I think theyre a stronger in-depth team, although both teams have some ageing warriors. Lancs batting isnt flying & Hegg & Cork have bailed them out a couple of times so far. Hmmm....tempted with Yorkshire, but 4 players have been released by England & I cant remember the 4th......Flintoff?? The rotation policy on Essex's bowling also makes me wary, & I've had them in most games so far, but Durham keep coming up trumps & have some real spirit in the camp. Theyve produced some good wins so far & bow to no-one, whereas a couple of times Essex have collapsed & needed bailing out. Sneaking suspicion for Durham.

Re: County Cricket I certainly wouldnt touch Worcs at any price, not only Caddick & Johnson, but Solanki & Kabir Ali are with the one-day squad. Glamorgan - Thomas in for either Harrison or Davies Kent - @ full strength bar Geraint Jones Middx - Betts doubtful Surrey - Thorpe & Thornley in Yorks - Hoggard & Lucas in Lancs - muralitharan faces a late fitness test....bet he plays ;) I'm tempted with Kent, possibly Yorkshire & Somerset

Re: County Cricket 7pts Surrey higher 1st innings opening partnership than Middlesex @ 1.90 Providing I've got the team selection right this is going to be Newman/Clinton vs. Smith/Hutton. For some reason bet365 have Middlesex as favourites and, while it's always going to be a bit of a risky market, that cannot be right. The latter opened together last time with partnerships of just 9 and 18 - and even when opening with Strauss, Hutton didn't manage a 50 partnership all season in the CC. Newman and Clinton have put together stands of 66, 57, 280 and 76 in the last 3 matches, so you have to take the form pick.

Re: County Cricket You might be in trouble there, Dave, Middx put on exactly 100 for the first wicket :( still, you never know.... Durham v Essex (thursday start) 5/6 the pair. Durham (possible) - Astle, Lewis, Muchall, Benkenstein, Peng, Hamilton, Breese, Mustard, Noffke, Davies Essex (probable) - Jefferson, Cook, Flower, Flower, Bopara, Foster, Middlebrook, Ten Dueschate, Adams, Thornicroft, Steyn, Westfield Difficult to judge this TBH, Durham have been the surprise team of the season, unbeaten in the championship but have drawn the last 2, have only lost 2 in the NL also. There is real team spirit in the Durham camp & players like Peng & Muchall are coming of age after promising as youngsters. This will be a test of their character once again as they are 3 players down here: theyve done without Harmison before but this will be the first time theyve missed Paul Collingwood (England duty) & the feeling persists he is very important for them, Liam Plunkett is also doubtful & has been bowling well. Essex have somewhat of an injury crisis which confuses matters. Tudor & Napier are both again unfit for this game, & Gough is away with England also, so this leaves Andre Adams & Dale Steyn & unknown potential in Thornicroft & Westfield. Steyn has struggled for my money & every time I've looked seems to have 0 for plenty!! The most important omission IMO is Irani due to a knee injury & James Foster keeps & captains in his place. Irani is an under-rated cricketer even since he no longer bowls, but his grit & determination are legendary & he will be missed for captaincy & batting here. I've been on Essex a few times this season & their top order has scored runs, Jefferson, Cook & Bopara have all done well at times, but they all seem to fail together & Andy Flower & Irani have had to bail them out a couple of times. The Durham players are unknown compared to Essex's, & that confuses matters, the mind seems to tell you that even though Essex are missing names, Durham didnt have any to start with bar Harmy & to a lesser extent Collingwood.......& therefore the temptation is that Essex will do the job. This is dangerous IMO. The Essex top order is capable of big runs, & I feel that 500 would put Durham in all types of trouble, as I feel that the Durham team is a workmanlike one.....a '350 & work with it' type of team. I think there is more to Durham than meets the eye, however, & if they can bowl well then they can do the job here, but they have to restrict Essex to 350 or below in my mind, which Essex have struggled to get against lesser team a couple of times lately, Derbys for one. I'm tempted quite strongly by Durham, as you might have guessed :lol but I would feel a lot happier if Plunkett is declared fit. The

Re: County Cricket

You might be in trouble there' date=' Dave, Middx put on exactly 100 for the first wicket :( still, you never know....[/quote'] You might be right there Swoop. Still hoping for another Browne style miracle though.

Re: County Cricket Scores from Day 1 Kent 357-7 (were 16-2) 105ovs. Van Jaarsveld 174*, Stevens 80. away @ Glamorgan Glamorgan 2/1, Kent 1/3 Middx 319-7 (dalrymple 77, Ed Smith 60) 104ovs v Surrey. Middx 15/8, draw 11/8, Surrey 2/1. Note there is a draw here for betting as live on sky sports Somerset 359-8 104ovs. G Smith 55, Jayasuriya 66, Wood 114* v Worcs Somerset 8/15, Worcs 11/8 Lancs 379 all out 103 ovs Sutcliffe 153. v Yorkshire Lancs 1/2, Yorks 6/4 all odds Stan James Anybody thinking of backing Worcs away @ Taunton tonight should be aware that Gareth Batty has received a late call into the England squad due to Ashley Giles withdrawal. Batty will play for Worcs tomorrow (also captain!) & will then be replaced by a full playing substitute at close of play, for the final 2 days. He was down to bat @ 6, & dont ask what happens if he is not out tomorrow night because I havent a clue......

Re: County Cricket Thursday scores: Day 1: Durham 380-4 v Essex 104ovs. Muchall 123, Benkenstein 91*, Breese 60* Looking good for Durham, maybe bat until tea if poss, nearly 600 on the board & try & get the follow-on Day 2: Kent 568 Van Jaarsveld 262*, 158.3ovs v Glamorgan 175-3 Hemp 57* Ganguly 61* Kent have to be favourites to enforce the f/o & win Middx 437, Surrey 157-2 off 52.4, Clinton 73* Batty 42*. Ramps retired hurt. Middx 13/2, Surrey 8/1, draw 1/7 Somerset (11/8) 408, Worcs (8/15) 328-4, Smith 107*, Hick 55. Batty NO o/night, so what happens there?? Lancs 379, Yorks 298-7 Jacques 97, Lumb 68 Friday start: Gloucs - Alleyne is in the squad & may play his first championship game of this season. Warks - Bell will play

Re: County Cricket Friday scores: Day 1: Gloucs 254 all out v warwicks. Gloucs 3/1 Warwicks 1/5. Think Warwicks will get at least 100 more than that & It'll be difficult for Gloucs Day 2: Durham 506. Essex 106 & 12-1 following on. errr....scores say it all really, looks like I called this one right for once!! Day 3: Kent 568 & 51-0, Glamorgan 358 & 260. Ganguly & Hemp both fell early today & there was no going back. Kent won by 10 wkts Middx 437, Surrey 460. Ali Brown 152*. Unless a massive collapse its a draw for sure. Middx 20/1, Surrey 15/2, draw 1/20 Somerset 408 & 151-9, Worcs 423. Somerset 11/2 Worcs 1/12. Somerset collapsed & are only 136 ahead, hence the odds. But it might not be as easy at it looks, as after 2 x 400 scores, worcs resumed this morning on 328-4, so lost 6-95, together with the Somerset 2nd innings thats 15-246 for the day, not the figures of a behaving pitch. Might be tempted.... Lancs 379 & 291-5, Yorks 335. Lancs now 335 ahead, may bay for an hour to set 400 & have a go but Yorks should save this really Sunday NL odds: Northants Evs Middx 8/11 Notts 6/4 Lancs 1/2 Leics 6/4 Yorks 1/2 Somerset 11/10 Kent 4/6 monday Durham 1/2 Derbys 6/4

Re: County Cricket Saturday scores: Day 2: Gloucs 245, Warwicks 320-5, Bell 79, Trott 128 Day 3: Durham 506, Essex 106 & 380 (were 146-6, Steyn 82, Adams 103) Durham won by an innings & 20 runs Day 4: Middx 437 & 353-6, Surrey 460. drawn Somerset 408 & 152, Worcs 423 & 138-2 Worcs won by 8 wickets Lancs 379 & 337-5, Yorks 335 & 273-9. Drawn. Yorks were 109-6, Hoggard was 64* at the end

Re: County Cricket NL sunday: Northants v Middx. after a good start Middx have lost 2 of the last 3 in this. Northants are not to be underestimated & have some notable results in this season, beating Lancs last time being one Notts v Lancs. Lancs lost last time out to Northants, but Notts just cant put it together in this at all, buty they must win at some point, why not today? Leics v Yorks. Leicvs, whilst struggling, are a decent 1-day outfit with few stars & arent to be underestimated, but I think Yorks will have enough for them here Somerset v Kent. Kent have lost the last 2, including the Derby game, & Somerset, although losing v Worcs yesterday hadCaddick & Johnson back & one of them should play hee & that swings it for me, with Smith & Jayasuriya also playing

Re: County Cricket Somerset v Kent. Kent have lost the last 2, including the Derby game, & Somerset, although losing v Worcs yesterday hadCaddick & Johnson back & one of them should play hee & that swings it for me, with Smith & Jayasuriya also playing. Swooper, i'm a Cider Man for my sins and Sanath Jayasuriya has been nothing short of a major let down so far. No doubt he'll go out and samsh a huge century now! Smith is the answer, he'll sort out the dross and should get Somerset playing competitive cricket again. Good to see Caddy back in form and Graveney hasn't ruled him out playing for England again if England suffer injuries!

Re: County Cricket Teams: Somerset team: *GC Smith, JD Francis, ST Jayasuriya, KA Parsons, MJ Wood, ID Blackwell, JC Hildreth, +RJ Turner, AW Laraman, GM Andrew, SRG Francis. On paper thats a bloody strong one day batting side. Smith, Jayasuriya and Ian Blackwell are ODI players. James Hildreth has been out of from this season so far after being built up as a future England player, remember Lathwell!? What worries me is that Somerset are missing Caddick, McLean and Johnson. 3 very experienced one day bowlers. After smashing 297-6 against Sussex 2 weeks ago you'd of thought it was in the bag but somehow they allowed Sussex in to win by 2 wkts with 2 balls to spare. Bowlers missing that day, Caddick, McLean and Johnson. Pattern there, i'd be on Kent if was going to bet, no bet for me on the Cidermen. Hope they win but I can't see it.

Re: County Cricket Kent rattled up a huge 319-5 as predicted Somersets bowlers must of been feeding the Kent batsmen some juicy fat pies all afternoon! Somerset in reply rattling along at 149-3 with 20 overs to go, currently the run rate is 6 an over! Could be a reversal of the fixture i was on about earlier!

Re: County Cricket Somerset didnt get there & were bowled out for 245. Yorks set Leics 172-9 which Leics knocked off for 3 Northants set Middx 283-1 but Middx came through with 284-8 Notts won at last with 249-8 & bowled Lancs out for just 188 Durham v derby is tomorrow

Re: County Cricket Late I know...but here goes (Durham beat Derbys by 5 wkts chasing 72 on monday) Championship (wednesday starts): Stan James: Hants 8/11 Surrey Evs Middx 4/11 Glamorgan 15/8 Sussex 5/6 Notts 5/6 Warwicks 8/11 Kent Evs Derby 2/1 Lancs 1/3 Leics 13/8 Worcs 4/9 Northants 6/4 Durham 1/2 Hants v Surrey - Pietersen is with England & Mascarhenas misses out with a back injury for Hants, but Pothas returns. Thorpe captains Surrey due to the continued absence of Butcher & Ramps has a broken thumb & will miss 2 weeks. Akram & Clarke return. Hants have won 2 of their last 3 in the CC, the other being a poor defeat v Warwicks away, but a rough pitch. The absence of Ramps pushes me Hants way but their lofty position belies the fact that they have only 14 batting points this season, compared to Surreys 23. No bet Middx v Glamorgan - Middx have Mel betts returning in place of Wright. Wharf returns after 5 weeks for Glammy, who drop Mike Powell after a dreadful run which hes been bowled the last 9 times or similar....technical problem, methinks??Grant also returns for Thomas. Middx you would have to say but Elliott & Ganguly can swing a game for Glammy, but their record this season is atrocious, but off the top of my head Middx have only won once?? Middx with reservations Sussex v Notts - For Sussex Van Der Wath misses out with either Davies or wright coming in. Notts have Bicknell returning. Notts won the return fixture comfortably. This is at Arundel, & a slow & low is expected. Warwicks v Kent - Warwicks are unchanged which means Bell plays, & they are a much more confident side with him, Giles plays 2nd XI. Kent have Kemp & Cook in for Tredwell & Saggers. Kent couldnt quite finish Warks off earlier in the season, but you need to put the champs away when on the ropes, & I have a suspicion for Warwicks here. Derbys v Lancs - For Derby Stubbings has a late FT, & Hunter & Walker both play. Lancs have Murali & Chapple back. Lancs won the return by an inns & 72 but have had some low scores lately, & dont appeal @ 1/3. Derbys have won 3 of the last 4 in the NL & spirits must be higher. No bet Leics v Worcs - Robinson returns for Leics with an avg of 51+ 2 x 100s, Masters also in. Worcs miss Batty, Solanki & Ali to England so Hick captains, & Vaas plays his last game. Leics have only 11 batting pnts this season. Difficult to see Leics getting more than 300 on a good day, but Worcs have looked stronger lately, but its a big 3 theyre missing. Northants v Durham - Panesar plays for Northants whilst Plunkett plays for Durham. Durham seem strong again & should put a decnt 1st inns score up & a lot depends on Love for Northants. Durham win.

Re: County Cricket Approaching lunch on day 2. I didnt update last night due to being pissed.....obviously. Warwicks 252, Kent 14-1 Surrey 326-8 v Hants (start delayed) Glamorgan 379-2 v Middx. Hemp & Cherry both tonned Sussex 359-5 v Notts Leics 192-4 v Worcs Derby 191 v Lancs 3-1 Durham 189-6 v Northants all the games have been weather affected Warwicks need to keep making inroads into Kent as a 1st innins defecit of over 100 is problems. Glamorgan is the surprise one, Ive never even heard of Cherry ffs!! It was coming I suppose & blindly backing against Glammy week after week was always going to come unstuck sooner or later. I did have doubts over Middx @ 4/11 but thought they'd be too strong TBH......Middx need to save the follow-on. I can see Lancs getting not far past Derbys 191, which is why I wouldnt back them @ 1/3, theyve been collapsing a bit lately. Another low scoring affair @ the Riverside which should produce a result

Re: County Cricket Scores after day 2: Warwicks 252 Kent 270-3 Glamorgan 584-3 dec Middx 96-1 Surrey 361 Hants 146 Sussex 274-6 v Notts (2/5 & 7/4) Leics 225 Worcs 158-4 (5/4 & 4/7) Derby 191 Lancs 240-9 (3/1 & 1/5) Durham 334 Northants 98-2 (4/9 & 13/8)

Re: County Cricket Any thoughts on the day night game tomorrow: Essex v Gloucester. I've just been looking at the team news and I'm tempted to have abit of a go on Gloucester. Kaniera plays his first game for Essex and Tudor / Irani have fitness checks. Gloucester aren't a bad one day side, I don't know if the inclusion of Kirby is a good thing or a bad thing because when he's good he's good but when he's bad etc etc. 2.37 on Blue Sq for Gloucester, I'm tempted .. what's the brain's trust on here think.

Re: County Cricket Ive been having a look into this & I've fancied Essex all day. Gloucester arent what they were in one dayers & have a jaded look about them. They sit bottom of the Totesport Div 1 table with only 1 win & a net run rate of -5.399. Essex sit second with 4 wins from 5, & 3 games in hand on the leaders, & a net run rate of +9.104. If Irani doesnt play he will be badly missed, he didnt play last week when Durham destroyed them in 3 days in the CC, & there is no doubting his talismanic effect on the team. Gough is with England, & Tudor & Napier havent played for a while, & the youngsters drafted in for the Durham game went around the park TBH, but this shouldnt be as big a problem in the NL format. For Gloucester to make a big total Spearman has to contribute, whereas Essex' runs come from all around the order, but Gloucs have a few 50-60 players who dont tend to go on & take the match. The fact that Kirby is playing says to me that the bowling cannot restrict the opposition, because if he was realistically the answer, why hasnt he played in any NL game so far this season?? Essex for me @ 4/7, but not as large as normal due to the unknown situation regarding Irani. I might also have a dabble on Will Jefferson top Essex runs @ 5/1, which I think is decent for the opener