** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wales Open 18th~21st Sept

Tedthewolf

Re: Wales Open 18th~21st Sept Shane Lowry 40/1 e/w~ As i've said before plays well on British and Irish courses very well 40's is way to big has been playing well for the most part but was disappointing last week was well backed for it, can seem him back amongst the leaders this week. Simon Dyson 25/1 e/w~Playing good golf at the mo just pipped last week fair record here have taken 25's but is now 30's with SJ which looks very big to me.

Re: Wales Open 18th~21st Sept Going to 2nd that for Lowry, I imagine the 40's might go soon as well. I feel that he's due and like Ted think that it'll be somewhere in GB&I when it comes together. Given the Ryder Cup is right round the corner I'll be swerving the participants and if Shane can get his putter working he's got a great chance at good odds. Lowry 1pt E/W - BV 40-1

Re: Wales Open 18th~21st Sept Tournament preview: 1pt ew R.Karlsson to win Wales Open 40/1 Coral (1/4 1-5) Robert Karlsson hasn’t played Celtic Manor since the changes were made to the course but he has a win and a second here when he has played it and I don’t think the changes since he’s been here have altered it enough to stop him going well. This course is very reminiscent of Le Golf National which is used for the Open de France and Karlsson was fourth there earlier in the year. The Swede hits a lot of fairways and greens and should go well this week. For some reason Scandinavians tend to go well in the UK – Mikko Ilonen won in Ireland this year and Kristoffer Broberg laid it down to Rose in Scotland so Karlsson, back at a venue where he’s had success can keep the Scandinavian run going in the UK this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wales-open-betting-robert-karlsson-can-land-a-second-welsh-title-this-week

Re: Wales Open 18th~21st Sept Top Dane preview: 2pts S.Kjeldsen Top Danish Player 6/1 BetVictor Soren Kjeldsen was third here last year and he had a good finish in the Open de France last year which is a tournament I’m confident is a good form guide to this week. He hits an awful lot of greens in regulation and when he’s on the dancefloor he is more than competent at getting the ball in the hole. With others having focus elsewhere or being a touch more erratic I think Kjeldsen stands out in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wales-open-betting-soren-kjeldsen-can-lead-the-danish-charge-in-newport

Re: Wales Open 18th~21st Sept In-Running; Jamie Donaldson 12/1 PP, EW 1,2,3,4 Jamie Donaldson has become a solid player over the past couple of years, finally justifying the talent that was there with three tournament wins. A fairly aggressive player at the weekend who seems prepared to take it on when the opportunity presents itself. He will go to Gleneagles bhoyed by his comfortable qualification for the team. A 7th place at the European Masters suggests that the Welshman is hitting form and although Celtic Manor would not be his first choice, the home crowd should be a help to his cause. Currently -5 and tied 10th at the halfway point I expect Donaldson to make a charge over the weekend. Good luck to Ted and Effigy with your call on Lowry...so far so good.

Wales Open 18th~21st Sept

In-Running; Jamie Donaldson 12/1 PP' date= EW 1,2,3,4 Jamie Donaldson has become a solid player over the past couple of years, finally justifying the talent that was there with three tournament wins. A fairly aggressive player at the weekend who seems prepared to take it on when the opportunity presents itself. He will go to Gleneagles bhoyed by his comfortable qualification for the team. A 7th place at the European Masters suggests that the Welshman is hitting form and although Celtic Manor would not be his first choice, the home crowd should be a help to his cause. Currently -5 and tied 10th at the halfway point I expect Donaldson to make a charge over the weekend. Good luck to Ted and Effigy with your call on Lowry...so far so good.
Good luck with that, but not too much(!), as I've had a bet on Thonghai Jaidee 10/1 ew 1/5 odds 1-4, in-running (Skybet) Considered him at the start, with a host of others but ultimately sided with Danny Willett. But, I think Thonghai is a possibility here, having not played an awful lot of golf lately, but doing well in the events he has played. Has won this at Celtic Manor(2012), & with 13 birdies in his first 2 rounds, obviously he is not too rusty, and can contend IMO. In fact he would be joint leader were it not for the double bogey yesterday at the 14th hole.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Wales Open 18th~21st Sept

Yes Bobby' date=' I considered Jaidee. He's is a very dogged, determined individual and a bit of an unsung hero in world golf. I think he will contend over the next two days. GL with your bet.[/quote'] Thanks mate. It's wide open as I write. I had a shortlist of about a dozen players. Can't do them all! Good luck to you too, & the guys on Lowry