Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Aidymac

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread 9dd67e48-d242-49fc-83fe-44ab714f669b.jpg Confirmed. ManU youngster Michael Keane goes to Burnley on loan. What is going on, or is it just me? LVG inherits an unbalanced team, by his statement, and then goes to probably unbalance it by spending 100 +m. And Cleverly is still in the team (I apologise for being biased or judgmental). Just really curious, is anyone here familiar with League 1 (French) regulations on TPO. They are issued by the states governing body, but I still don't understand whether the ban issued is state-wide or league-wide? This makes it unclear, considering the peculiar situation of Monaco. On a related note, there has been some suggestions of why Rojo still haven't featured and his work permit delay and the possibility of protracted TPO issues. It still beats me why Arsenal haven't signed a defender. Welbeck confirmed just earlier from the said team above. Hope I'm not way off the mark in this thread.

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread Welbeck is a good signing for Arsenal. He'll run the channels and in behind all day just like Walcott which is what our midfield is dieing for. He'll get plenty of chances to score and with a run in his favoured CF role I think he'll improve still. A lot of Arsenal fans were crying out for Balotelli earlier in the window but his all round game is lacking for me even though he can produce a moment of magic from nothing. He just doesn't have the work rate and movement for our midfield and you could make a very strong argument that Welbeck is the much better fit.

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread I agree, with Alexis and Wellbeck you have two work horses upfront. Every ball behind any defense is finally a threat. Let's just hope they both get a bit more clinical in front of goal. But I mist admit, Wellbeck never felt the confidence you need for a CF position in my opinion so he might develop really quickly to a killer who knows. Some interesting signings overall, Falcao is another massive signing but I do believe they needed a classy CB or maybe even two. Anyways, we can expect goals from them in any game I guess. Leaky at the back but an insane attack! Curious how RVP, Rooney and Falcao will work together and in which formation. It will probably mean that Mata has to play out wide again something he doesn't prefer although he played his best games at Valencia coming from the flanks. It will probably look something like this in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Raffael/Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Herrera, Blind, Mata, Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao or RVP. Can't think of a formation when he can play all three and Mata and Di maria. Then they are just way to weak defensively. Interesting case anyways

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread Mata won't be in the starting 11 in my opinion, it should look something like this. De Gea Jones Evans Rojo Rafael Shaw Herrera Blind Di Maria Falcao Rooney 3 centre backs, 2 wing backs, 2 holding midfielders, Di Maria in behind the front two.

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread dont know why Van gaal let go wellbeck AND chicharito. Now he has only 3 striker, falaco and van persie both coming back from long injuries, it will take some time for them to get back to 100%. If one of these 3 gets injured throughout the season, he will have to play the same attacking duo week in week out. if 2 are out, United is probably screwed again.

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread I kinda remember reading somewhere that Van Persie is due a knee surgery he's been delaying since the wc , which LVG knew about and asked him to postpone it for now. But it is expected that he will miss a large part of this season. One hopes it is not one of those sensation articles. It would explain a lot really.

Welbeck is a good signing for Arsenal. He'll run the channels and in behind all day just like Walcott which is what our midfield is dieing for. He'll get plenty of chances to score and with a run in his favoured CF role I think he'll improve still. A lot of Arsenal fans were crying out for Balotelli earlier in the window but his all round game is lacking for me even though he can produce a moment of magic from nothing. He just doesn't have the work rate and movement for our midfield and you could make a very strong argument that Welbeck is the much better fit.
Spot on mate.

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread

I think that United will line up something like De Gea; Jones - Smalling - Rojo - Shaw; Di Maria - Blind - Carrick/Herrera - Mata; RVP - Falcao. 4-4-2 formation' date=' I just don't see a place for Rooney in the team with Falcao coming in.[/quote'] Rooney was just made captain, so how can you even contemplate leaving him out? Also, it has been well publicised that Van Persie could need knee surgery which would put him out for months...

Rooney was just made captain, so how can you even contemplate leaving him out? Also, it has been well publicised that Van Persie could need knee surgery which would put him out for months...
Rooney has not been at the required level for Manchester United since 2011/2012. This cannot go on much longer. He is resting on his laurels and recieving a 300k per week salary. Talk like "This is Rooney, how can you keep him out" is hindering the progress of United and England NT. If it wasn't for Moyes, Rooney would have gone for good in last summer's transfer window. I listed my best 11 if all the players are fit.

Rooney has not been at the required level for Manchester United since 2011/2012. This cannot go on much longer. He is resting on his laurels and recieving a 300k per week salary. I listed my best 11 if all the players are fit.
Ok, well all I am saying is there is not a solitary hope that Rooney is going to be on the bench, Van Gaal just made him captain, you don't make a player club captain and then let him sit on the bench. RVP hasn't even been fit for a long long time and Rooney scored 17 goals and had 12 assists in the league last season which was an impressive season given how poor United were. Rooney is the first name on the team sheet.

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread I think its a great move for united , before his injury falcao for me was the best striker in the game , I kept raving about him when he was at Porto then he broke the Europa / uefa cup scoring the most goals in that comp one year. He kept costa out the athletico team too , if he can get back to near his best after injury he will be a shrewd signing by united but their defence is still a worry.

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread Probably yeah, Van persie's injury is not confirmed. He just joined the dutch national team so I don't think he's out for a while. The thing is they are all three too good to be benched so that leaves Van Gaal with only one possibility. One CF and two men behind him close. No way any of these guys can play out wide. But Blind and Di maria are both left footed so that's another problem if they play with Di maria herrera and Blind as midfielders. Plus they don't have any physical strength or height. Carrick is the most likely player to add those skills but I don't see that happening either. So Blind will probably play as centre mid with di maria on his left and herrera on his right. Raffael/valencia, Smalling/Evans, Jones and Rojo are the probable backline imo. Really looking forward to their first game also Arsenal with Wellbeck upfront!

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread It's fairly meaningless who United have up front unless they sort the midfield out to give them some service. Di Maria is one of the best midfielders in the world and although Falcao has made some very dubious career decisions he is still top class. I remember rojo was seen as a massive weak link in the Argentina side prior to the WC, can't really comment though as I've not seen him play much. The games I've seen so far the United strikers have hardly had a touch so I think that has to be sorted first and foremost. Their form after Christmas will be interesting.

It's fairly meaningless who United have up front unless they sort the midfield out to give them some service. Di Maria is one of the best midfielders in the world and although Falcao has made some very dubious career decisions he is still top class. I remember rojo was seen as a massive weak link in the Argentina side prior to the WC, can't really comment though as I've not seen him play much. The games I've seen so far the United strikers have hardly had a touch so I think that has to be sorted first and foremost. Their form after Christmas will be interesting.
Rojo was a complete liability for Sporting until last season where he made good improvements to his game. I still don't think he's up to United standard though.