** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th This is my big play of this CL week, the odds have dropped a lot in the last 24 hours so I'm not sure what value there is now but I'm very confident Chelsea will win this game. They met in the group stage last season and Chelsea won both games 3-0, with a far inferior side to the one they will put out on Wednesday. Chelsea have been in great form so far winning all their league games by at least 2 goals - although we shouldn't confuse league with european form. Schalke have an extensive injury list coming into this game and got hammered 4-1 by Monchengladbach at the weekend. Jefferson Farfán (knee), Fabian Giefer (groin), Leon Goretzka (thigh), Jan Kirchhoff (knee), Sead Kolašinac (knee), Joël Matip (groin), Felipe Santana (muscle tear) should all miss the game. Kevin-Prince Boateng (ankle) is a doubt while Julian Draxler (hamstring) returned from the bench at the weekend, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (cold) should be fine to play. Farfan, Goretzka, Kolasinac, Matip and Santana are all first team players and this injury is obviously a massive problem for them. Chelsea will likely make changes with Man City to play at the weekend but I doubt they will change more than 2 or 3 players. John Terry didn't start any of the group games last season so that might be one of them, perhaps Cech will come in. Willian will likely start in midfield wouldn't like to try and predict the side much beyond this. Form men Costa and Fabregas will certainly play and look to continue their great form, Costa has 7 goals in 4 games this season and before Ramieres assisted Costa's hat trick goal at the weekend Fabregas had assisted Chelsea's last 7 goals! Mourinho will know it is vital to get off to a good start in the group, I fully expect them to top it and get off to a winning start here. Chelsea -1.0AH - 1.64 - betinternet - 10 Points Chelsea -1.5AH - 2.10 - pinnacle - 10 Points

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th 4pts Chelsea (-1) to beat Schalke Evs Skybet I expect Chelsea to come through this fairly comfortably. It could be a bit closer if Schalke had everyone fit but they don’t and they’ve made a pretty disastrous start to the season. Chelsea have flown out of the traps and have looked as good as I can remember them looking in a long while. I expect them to go from strength to strength and with the confidence they have they should win this by more than a goal. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-schalke-betting-chelsea-can-ease-past-injury-hit-germans

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th I hope Chelsea don't look at the situation and think: "OK Schalke are injury ravaged and in terrible form, so it'll be an easy hiding and then we can focus on the big City match" OR "City will play a real tough battle in Munich for 90 mins. If we take it easy here against these whipping boys tonight, then we'll be fresher than City and have a big advantage." This is what I'm worried about.

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th Even if Chelsea do end up playing their B team (i.e. Cech in goal, Remy in striker, etc) I think they should have more than enough to win this game with relative ease. Also I think players like Fabregas and Costa might get a cameo albeit for 30 minutes.

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th

I hope Chelsea don't look at the situation and think: "OK Schalke are injury ravaged and in terrible form, so it'll be an easy hiding and then we can focus on the big City match" OR "City will play a real tough battle in Munich for 90 mins. If we take it easy here against these whipping boys tonight, then we'll be fresher than City and have a big advantage." This is what I'm worried about.
I think he will go with the strongest squad for about 60min. It would be stupid to put second team in CL game because everyone knows that there are no 'easy' teams in that tournament. Look what could happen with Liverpool too. I'm quite sure he will put Costa to try to score frew goals and if yhey are leading by 2-3 goals in the second half then it's good time to rest him by taking him (and few others) off.

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th so slizorn you are saying that is not dead certain that mourinho will play with the best 11 tonight ? kind of strange because after all this is the 1st game...they want (presumably) to qualify as fast as they can.... and this game is a real go for chelsea ! we all agree this is not about schalke here ... we know their terrible bad streak (1 point in 3 matches with relatively easy opponents + their dfb cup elimination by dresden) and their gameplay (in fact no gameplay at all :) ) .. another fact : the last 4 meetings between them schalke hasn't scored one single goal , chelsea demolished them with 3-0 , 3-0 , 2-0.. i'm also worried by the eventual complacency from chelsea's players....off course they know about their opponents current form. but i'm willing to take the risk and i'm quite confident betting on chelsea -1 !

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th @Camino Don't get me wrong, I think Chelsea will win comfortably tonight and have backed them to do so heavily myself. But I do think there is a high chance there will be some rotation especially in the case of Diego Costa who has had 2 injury scares to date (just before the international break and after the break). I think it's safe to say everyone is backing Chelsea to win by 2 clear goals minimum, so fingers crossed it comes in with relative ease! :ok

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th

Simple' date=' the whole World bets on PSG and Chelsea (I was on them too!). What were we expecting? Both teams will qualify from their groups at the end.. UCL and EL are gettin annoying with these rich fag-clubs[/quote'] Rhoads, give it a rest with the vulgar language, this isn't a playground.

Re: Chelsea v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday September 17th I think Drogba starting would have put me off if I'd been on Chelsea. Why pay £10m for Remy then start your free transfer? Schalke's side actually had surprising quality too. Huntelaar, Meyer, Draxler, Sam, Boateng. It was always going to be a bit of a coin toss on how motivated Chelsea were. Like another poster said, teams like Arsenal and Chelsea know they can get through with a bit to spare, so sometimes results like this will happen.