** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Strategical BRM Challenge

Danshot

So been a long time member mainly in the poker section but been lurking around the sports betting sections and always looking to find edges in the betting market but never been a frequent better and never anything big. However I decided now is the time to test out whether my knowledge is half as good as I think in the world of sport , most of my bet's will be on Football with the occasional other sport mixed in plus plenty of NBA games when that kicks off again. I will have a Starting Bank of 100 Units Starting mostly with Singles. I will never bet more than 10% of Balance on any event All Bets will be placed on Bet365 I will aim to provide reasoning behind every bet I will not be making bets everyday I'm not setting any targets just looking for a steady yield that proves profitable , all advice is welcomed and look forward to getting involved more in betting sections. Good Luck Everyone :drums Results with Thread Started : Starting bank - 100pts Current bank - 107.3pts Total staked - 56pts Number of bets - 22 Winning bets - 11 Losing bets - 10 No Bet - 1 Strike rate - Will post after more bets Yield - Will post after more bets Profit (or Loss) - Up 7.3pts

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Bet 1 : Aldershot to beat Forest Green (Draw No Bet) @1.9 , 4pts I might be a bit bias here but already won opener at home and won away at Telford and narrowly lost to Eastleigh , I know FGR have 100% record so far but think we have enough to match them , although I took the DNB as think that is a very plausible outcome I do however think Shots win this game more often than FGR so at just below evens think is some marginal value.

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge So Bet 1 was a draw so no movement yet. Bet 2: Everton to draw with Arsenal @ 3.4 , 3pts Although Arsenal are probably the stronger side for me Everton are strong at home , and just looking at the odd's with how even my gut is telling me this contest would be I've decided to go for the outcome with the longest odd's as I don't see a clear favourite.

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Okay so bet 2 needed a bit of a late surge at the end but we will take that. Bet 3: Nantes & Monaco both to score @2.2 , 2pts Not to familiar with the French League currently but Monaco are definitely stronger on the attack then in defence , so away from home I like to back BTTS , Nantes have scored in both games so far even if is only 1 in each think this is a decent bet.

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Bet 4 : Arsenal to Win away to Leicester @1.83 , 5pts I just feel that Arsenal are just too strong to not win in this encounter , Leicester although on paper have made decent signings I still feel will be in the drop zone at the end of the season. That's why I'm taking away win and backing Gunners to find some better form. Bet 5 : Asian Total Cards Less Than 4.5 Cards in Spurs Vs Liverpool @2.050 . 2pts Gut feeling but see an exciting game of flowing football with only 2 or 3 cards tops so at evens think this is worth a few points.

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Bet 4 - Lost & Bet 5 - Won , but still lost 2.9pts overall Bet 6 : Barcelona to win Away to Villareal @ 1.9 3pts Just couldn't help myself at these odd's maybe should lead my lesson from Arsenal failing to win earlier but had to do it. Bet 7 : (Basketball) Brazil to win by more than 27.5pts vs Iran @20/23 , IN PLAY BET After a big win yesterday for Brazil , I don't see them letting up here , already up 16pts at half time hope they keep up the work.

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge

As far as I know' date=' staking 10% is very risky - and if you stake that sort of percentage regularly you have a high risk of going bankrupt :\[/quote'] Betting on horses I agree with you, but football with only 3 possible outcomes surely he can pick a winner within 10 bets ??!!

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge As for the above comments on the % bet I will very rarely be betting anymore than 5pts points until I get near 200pts. Yes picking 1 winner in 10 is easy but if lost a few than have less a cushion to back up , this is about finding long term sustainability for my roll and hopefully yield a steady profit , not chasing tthe big bucks yet. Questions and feedback always welcome

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Bet 8 : Liverpool U19 v Ludogrets U19 In-Play on 6 Mins - Under 4.5 Goals @ 1.66 , 5pts Not an expert on U19 but got the game on the TV and even though Liverpool should easily win this one , see it being very cagey and if is no ore than 1 goal before half time should see a return.

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge bet 8 won , would be lot more comfortable if not for 5 mins blitz that saw L'pool got 3-0 up before the break , and I tense last 5 mins when a late 4th made it in doubt but held on after nearly taking the cash out for 90% of the profit with 5 mins to go. Bet 9 : Over 2.5 goals in Aldershot vs Braintree @ evens , 3pts As a shots fan believe we are overdue a good performance and a handful of goals , likely see 2-1 but deffo like the over here

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Okay so Bet 9 came in even though wasn't really the way I hope it would go was always a chance be on losing end they way played of late. Time for a little flutter of the Ryder Cup , don't have the greatest golf knowledge but defo think even though make Europe the slight fav's the edge is nowhere near what the bookies make it IMO. Added to that a tip taken from the Golf Section to back Victor Dubiusson. Bet 10 : USA to win @2.75 , 4pts. Bet 11 : V.Dubiusson to be best Euro Rookie @2.5 , 1pt Bet 12 : V.Dubiusson to be best Euro Continental @7 , 1pt Bet 13 : V.Dubiusson to be best Euro Player @17 , 1pt

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Okay so we are back , after a decision to back V.Dubiusson in the Ryder Cup which didn't pay off despite him being undefeated he didn't play enough games. We are now back to a more knowledgeable subject that being Football and looking to get in more regular bets though still keen on only +EV plays. Bet 14 : Uzbekistan vs UAE to win @1.50 *In Play after 38mins while 1-0 Up* , 3pts

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge well Bet 14 rolled in easily they sccored 2nd 5 mins after placed bet , and won 4-0. Picked a few more games tonight 8 games for total of 23pts , Bet 15 : Trabzonspor @ 1.75 to win , 4pts Staked Bet 16 : Napoli @ 2.05 to win , 4pts Staked Bet 17 : HNK Rijeka @ 2.50 to win , 2pts Staked Bet 18 : PAOK vs Fiorentina @ 3.30 to draw , 2pts Staked Bet 19 : PSV @ 1.55 to win , 2pts Staked Bet 20 : Spurs @ 1.33 to win , 3pts Staked Bet 21 : Inter Milan @ 1.95 to win , 2pts Staked Bet 22 : Torino @ 1.40 to win , 4pts Staked

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Well 4 winners , PSV & Inter both drawing , Fiorentina edging a win and Napoli to only one way off losing 2-0 , resulted in a lose of 1.4pts. So on another could of been a profit indeed last night could easily been in profit if PSV didn't concede in 87th min or either Inter or PAOK got a single goal , well the 4 winners won by at least 2 goals by final whistle. Bet 23 : Fulham to win at home to Charlton @ 1.8 , 3pts Staked My 1st instinct was that Charlton were overpriced given they are challenging near top of the table and Fulham are languishing near the foot of the table but Fulham are putting a decent run together and Charlton or likely missing their top scorer tonight , so think see a 2-0 home win

Re: Strategical BRM Challenge Both bets narrowly lost last night , time to redeem that with more NBA tonight Bets 26-29 : SAC +5pts @1.9 , 3pts Staked SAC to Win @2.7 , 2pts Staked CHI vs NYK over 185pts @1.9, 3pts Staked TOR -4.5 to beat Hawks @1.9 , 2pts Staked