The DTD Pennyroll thread

DasBoot

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread

played my second penny roll today and won into the 500 semi. Have to say these are great value. £5.50 prize for 1p' date=' 550 x my buy-in! Only slight bummer is no unreg from the semi so I have to play the one at 7 (which is not that convenient)[/quote'] The way these are setup you have to play the day running through from 1p starter to final. As Bart said its a different concept with lots of players shoving with crap. If you can handle the variance its a great cheap way to win a big buy in

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread I am your classic case of reg first read later ;) I can make the 7pm semi though, I'd just have preferred to play it another time. To be fair going from 1p to entry to a big buy-in live event in 1 day is pretty cool, and really can't moan about anything having paid 1p to get in. The standard of play is as pointed out pretty shocking in the 1ps but that's to be expected really.

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread Good luck rep, yep whole diff game in pennies, just pure icm practice and be numb to the numerous suckouts, but can revert back to your a-game in £5.50 & beyond. Just be aware of whether its a rebuy £5.50 or freezeout as the former can still play out a little crazy early on so pays to adapt accordingly. Not played too many recently but pure bubbled two pennies when in complete hu control and a 5.50 on friday which has pissed me off a bit so break for a few days to regroup. Won over £600 worth of tokens (but came to nothing chasing 3k seat) and £25.50 cash now from approx £7 outlay. Might be £9 as had a couple of misclicked rebuys when closing games down lol. Great value but grinding will send you completely doolalay.

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread Cheers Bart. Hope the R&R goes well and you come back refreshed. Not doing so great so far. Have one of those players on my table who calls literally every hand with any 2 and always hits something, e.g raise with 55 he calls with J6 and hits a J. Still got 75% of starting stack so it's not a complete disaster yet. ...well that was shortlived. KQ

• 1 month later...

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread Playing Saturdays £250,000 Grand Prix Live Day 1 at Dusk til Dawn using my sat token. Will update from time to time. First Live game this year. Day 2 is Sunday if I get through. So far about 60 through to Day 2 from online Day 1's. I am surprised only about 80 per night playing online in the first 3 Day 1's especially with the large number of 1p rolls they have been running.

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread run good :ok

Playing Saturdays £250' date='000 Grand Prix Live Day 1 at Dusk til Dawn using my sat token. Will update from time to time. First Live game this year. Day 2 is Sunday if I get through. So far about 60 through to Day 2 from online Day 1's. I am surprised only about 80 per night playing online in the first 3 Day 1's especially with the large number of 1p rolls they have been running.[/quote']

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread what a nightmare. end of level 11. 3to go. get trips twice and build my stack to 150,000. Get AA and reraise earlyposition only to get shoved on my another big stack. tempted to fold as i will still have 130,000 left. but need to build stack for tomorrow. certain he has KK. call. he does but hits K on turn. lose a 250,000 pot.have 4,000 left. blinds at 2000/4000. shove 3 times. first a split pot followed by a double up and then AQ hits a Q on river after other player hits 8 on turn. back up to 40,000. 120 left. need more double ups before end.

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread Great work on the recovery :ok and good luck tomorrow. Know exactly what you mean about the thought process on aces, if you're currently chip building up nicely with little opposition why risk everything on a single hand with the variance that comes with it? But agree that it's a good spot to double up and would give yourself so many more options in day 2. You would win far more than you lose, just unlucky how it panned out but obviously you want him to have KK, far better than KQ, JT or even AK. You're still in it, you can still win it, good luck :ok

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread what a rush. start day 2 with 66k. 361 playing 215 paid. shove first 2 hands. get lucky 2nd when K10 called by 10's. up to 240. lose 50k when fold 10's to AK shove. then table breaks. 3rd hand get AA on button. small blind has KK. AA holds up this time. up to 340k.And now we are in the money. 210 left. £250 guaranteed. not bad for 1p roll.

Re: The DTD Pennyroll thread out in 85th for £300 and £500 WPT seat. blinds were crippling. £60,000 and £30,000 with £10k anti. crippled when shoved with AJ and called by10,s. hit a straight ion river and it gave him full house.very pleased with my play and especally the nov WPT seat.First place today pays £35k