Barracuda Championship Jul 31 - Aug 3

The WGC event has most of the focus this week but there's an alternate event being played in Las Vegas. The only one of the year that uses the modified stableford system. This puts the focus on attacking play and making lots of birdies and eagles so could allow for a bit of value to be had as it's a hard event to adjust for. That said the bookies did it right and made Chappell a favourite. Ranks very highly for birdies this year and was keen to back until the odds came out. Still a few to interest me though: Jhonattan Vegas @ 46 Bet365 Returned to form at the John Deere a few weeks ago. Bit hitting player who will easily be able to reach all the Par 5's, which will be important as they are worth so much more this week (5pts, or 2.5x as much as a birdie). Is also a very streaky player who makes birdies in bunches when on song and the fact his only win was the Humana Challenge says a bit as that event requires you to make a lot of birdies to win it. Troy Matteson @ 176 Bet365 Another very streaky player who makes birdies in bunches. Has not been in very good form lately but he's the type of player who can play well out of nowhere and I feel the scoring format really encourages a player of his style as the bogeys punish you less and one good round can vault you up the leaderboard so much more than normal scoring will. Derek Ernst @ 500 Betfair He attended college in Las Vegas so should know this course well. Considering he won a full field event just over 12 months ago I'm happy to take a punt here.