** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BOBSYERUNKLE....your questions

Jezza

A couple of questions, I was going to ask them on my previous post but i was panicking too much trying to get the imageshack to work. Firstly, on the results part of the previous post, how do I edit my name to include where in the world I'm from, as most players do this. Secondly to Jezza if you could be so kind, you stated in a previous thread about reading books and that you had about 15, would you consider any of these to be a 'bible of poker reading' ? If not, which one would you recommend to me as I am still learning the game. I have taken into account your advice to not play so many hands but the ones I do I try and play aggressively. If I flop the top pair for example I will always put a big raise in , unless there are 2 of 3 suited on the flop , which opens up the risk of a flush on the turn or river. I'm also very green when playing small stake STT's as regards to people going 'all in' preflop. Many many times when they are called I see my folded hand would have taken the pot. What would you say is a fair call for all in preflop in these small stake table situations?? At the moment I won't call them unless I'm holding a pair of 9's or above or 2 face cards connected, I even fold my aces flushing with rags, a bit of advice please
Hi bob, Welcome to the forum mate (soz its been a few days since you posted your questions but I have been all over the place!). I have copied them in the main forum here as this is the place to post all your normal threads on poker or any questions you have etc.... First of all congrats on your result in the bragging thread! I take it you are meaning your location next to your ID on sporting odds poker. I dont play on there mate but I am pretty sure it will just be a matter of emailing their support. I had to recently get my location changed on ladbrokespoker.com (it still said I lived in berkshire ffs :lol ) and I just had to email them and that was it sorted. As for the books, well there are a few threads somewhere in the poker forum discussing them if you have a look around. I have a lot in my collection like you say (yeah too many :lol). If you are playing NL poker on the net and I had to choose one off the top of my head for you to read I would pick tom mcevoy + tj cloutier - championship nl and pl hold em. The playing advice in there is pretty solid and the stories are good. Its a lot better read than sklanskys stuff (which is of course 100% top notch - but it feels like you are reading a university maths textbook). With regards in STT's and calling all ins. There are a few things you must factor into the equation. First of all look at the size of the blinds. If they are small then you must play tighter - if someone moved all in first hand then I would certainly fold JJ let alone Ax etc! As they increase in size you can play a lot looser. However as the blinds get bigger it is far far better to be the one moving all in than the one calling an all in. This is because if you move all in you have two ways to win, them folding and them calling and winning. If you call an all in you only have one way to win - the showdown. However once the blinds are large in these thigns the action is forced and you cant afford to let your blinds go on semi decent hands. The last thing you can look at when deciding if to call or not is the size of your opponents stack in relation to yours. If they are small stacked they might just be desperate/annoyed and they cannot hurt you too much. I am far more inclined to gamble early on with these guys, say calling a stack of 100 all in with 77 whenI have 1000 than I would a large stack. Hope you can make it to the next PL game bob, gl.. Jez

Re: BOBSYERUNKLE....your questions Thanks Jezza, I hope to be entering the next PL tourney ( work permitting), I signed up to paradise yesterday, came second in my first stt, currently playing a $2 mtt there, but I didn't realise it was a satellite for WSOP, so not that arsed about winning it, currently 14th of 30 with 24 biting the dust, but the next satellite for the winning 4 places is 8pm tomorrow EDT, not sure of the time here, probably 1 or 2 in the morning, fook that for a game of soldiers !!