Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Netherlands v Mexico (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th Mexico DNB @ 2.60 Betvictor 4/10 Mexico played well against Brasil and Croatia. The Netherlands has a bad defending so they play with 5 defenders. Only Robben and Van Persie are dangerous players by Holland. Van Persie is back from suspending so Lens is going to the bench. The temperature is sunday 35 degrees in Fortaleza so this is a disadvantage for Holland. The players from Mexico can better play with this weather. The goalkeeper of Mexico Ochoa is a very good goalie with some very good saves. I expected that Mexico can make a surprise sunday. They can have the most ball position because Holland plays on the counter attack. The ball possision of Holland against Chile was only 37%! Mexico lost 5th times a 1/8 final but I think they can surprise so I play a draw no bet !

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th

Mexico DNB @ 2.60 Betvictor 4/10 Mexico played well against Brasil and Croatia. The Netherlands has a bad defending so they play with 5 defenders. Only Robben and Van Persie are dangerous players by Holland. Van Persie is back from suspending so Lens is going to the bench. The temperature is sunday 35 degrees in Fortaleza so this is a disadvantage for Holland. The players from Mexico can better play with this weather. The goalkeeper of Mexico Ochoa is a very good goalie with some very good saves. I expected that Mexico can make a surprise sunday. They can have the most ball position because Holland plays on the counter attack. The ball possision of Holland against Chile was only 37%! Mexico lost 5th times a 1/8 final but I think they can surprise so I play a draw no bet !
I agree about the weather in Fortaleza which will surely not benefit the Dutch. The Dutch ball possession against Chile though was only 37%, but their defending was sublime. And don't forget they had 13 shots, 8 on target. Chile on the other hand had 7 shots, 1 on target. I think this shows that the Netherlands are very, very dangerous for any team on this World Cup. Technically they're not top of the bill (except for Sneijder, Robben, van Persie, maybe Depay), but tactically they are outstanding thanks to van Gaal. Don't know that much about Mexico but I do know that the Netherlands are a very different opponent than Croatia and Brazil and in much better form. I think the Dutch will win this one but the thing withholding me is the weather, which makes the game rather unpredictable for me. So no betting for me :)

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th 4pts Under 2.5 goals 8/11 Stan James I don’t think this will be a high scoring match but it should be a really good technical game and still one well worth watching. Mexico are such a tough side to break down and they all know their roles and perform them to perfection. The Dutch have tended to play on the break in this tournament too so I’m not expecting a goalfest unless something unlikely happens so even at 8/11 over 2.5 goals looks overpriced. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/netherlands-vs-mexico-betting-goals-could-be-rare-between-counter-attacking-sides

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th I don't expect the goals to fly in this game from 1st minute, with so much at stake. If this one is going to be decided in 90mins, I do believe goals will be scored in the 2nd half, rather than 1st. In all 3 Holland's WC games the second half produced more than 1st, while the same case was on 2 occasions for Mexico (tie in Brazil game). Highest scoring half: 2nd @2.05 with bet365

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th I think Mexico may not be as good as many seem to think. They lost two friendlies before the World Cup: 0-1 against Bosnia and Herzegovina, 0-1 against Portugal - both teams who were very poor in the actual tournament. In the group stage, Mexico beat Cameroon only 1-0, demonstrating their scoring and attacking problems. They managed to get a 0-0 draw against Brazil - but this was to a large part thanks to their goalkeeper Ochoa, who played the match of his life, something I do not think he is going to be able to repeat. The 3-1 victory against Croatia, however, was a good display, but should not be overemphasized. The Netherlands defence has been less than impressive so far, but their offense and finishing has been of top quality. I think Netherlands has the quality, experience and mental strength to win hard games, where as Mexico's ability to do the same is questionable. My bet is: Netherlands @ 2,05

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th What about corners? The Netherlands are playing a 5-3-2 formation, which uses the widths a lot. Mexico also like to cross in attack. These two factors will favour a high number of corners. Maybe over 9.5 corners in total @1.875 with bet365?

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th Mexico will play with rodriquez - marquez - Moreno All three the defenders lack pace. Probarly rodriquez and Moreno will play against Robben and rvp with a free role for marquez. With the speed of Robben and rvp i will take a bet on yellow cards. moreno yellow card odds 4.75 unibet rodriquez yellow card odds 4.00 unibet

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th I think the Dutch have been very impressive so far and with Van Perise, Robben and Sneijder carry a huge threat. Dirk Kuyt will work his socks off to counter the Mexican full back and Mexico will have to play very well indeed to win this one. The only doubt in my mind is if the weather has an effect on the Dutch...having seen some European teams wilt badly when the heat and humidity got high. However, I still think the Dutch have too much and are a solid odds against bet @ 23/20. I'll also take a small nibble on Robben fgs @ 11/2 for the fact he's been on fire and when his confidence is high he can beat anyone- the Mexicans know he'll try cut inside on his left foot but stopping it is the problem! Looking forward to a good match, good luck

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th Wycome dont read too much into the 1 nil loss to Portugal,they scored in the 93rd minute with their only shot on target in the second half.Mexico were by far the better team and just couldnt put the ball in the net.

Mexico were by far the better team and just couldnt put the ball in the net.
Well, this seems to be their problem in general. I don't think they are going to get many goals today either, even if they play well.

What about corners? The Netherlands are playing a 5-3-2 formation' date=' which uses the widths a lot. Mexico also like to cross in attack. These two factors will favour a high number of corners. Maybe over 9.5 corners in total @1.875 with bet365?[/quote'] I had a look at corners - actually all of Holland's group games had a low number of corners ... Holland's corners in their group games (Holland first) 1-4 v Spain 2-3 v Australia 2-7 v Chile Totals 5/5/9 = 19/3 = average 6.3 Mexico had more in theirs 2-5 3-4 9-7 Totals 7/7/16 = 30/3 = average 10 It can be misleading to use past stats to predict the future, but it was surprising how few corners Holland themselves had - just 5 in 3 games.

Re: Last 16 - Netherlands v Mexico > Sunday June 29th My heart says Mexico - because I love the passion of their players, fans and manager. My head says Holland - more experience and probably a stronger defence. I think a low-scoring game is quite likely with Hollland having the edge. I quite like this bet: Netherlands and under 3.5 goals 2.62 Betway Stake: 5 points

My heart says Mexico - because I love the passion of their players, fans and manager. My head says Holland - more experience and probably a stronger defence. I think a low-scoring game is quite likely with Hollland having the edge. I quite like this bet: Netherlands and under 3.5 goals 2.62 Betway Stake: 5 points
Result: 2-1 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 13.1 points