Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Spain v Chile (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th 6pts Over 2.5 goals 8/11 Skybet I don’t see how this game will be anything but full of goals. These two met in a friendly last year which finished 2-2 and I think this one will be equally as open especially if Chile score first because Spain will have to come out then as nothing less than two wins will be enough for them to go through now with their goal difference the way it is. Both sides have good finishers and lots of creativity in them so over 2.5 looks almost certain. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/spain-vs-chile-betting-goals-the-order-of-the-day-in-the-maracana

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th Chile +1 AH 1.900 @ Bet365 - I'm surprised you can get a one goal headstart for Chile at nearly Evens here. Spain were completely destroyed by Holland in the second half with Robben's pace and Chile have players like Sanchez who are capable of doing the same. The manner of Spain's defeat must surely have knocked their confidence and Chile could take advantage. Even if Spain win by one you get your stake back so odds of nearly evens is very good in my opinion as there is a far greater chance of Chile winning or getting a draw than Spain winning by 2 goals or more.

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th Over 2.5 and BTTS @ 2.00 for a 0.6 stake Chile Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 3.40 for a 0.3 stake No value on Over 2.5 and BTTS, but combining both looks good enough, as I just can't see either team not scoring, and I believe we will have a third goal at least. Both teams will want to win, Spain ahs to overcome a lot of trouble now with 0 points and a -4 goal difference, and will surely accelerate since the start. Hard to say what are going to be the changes that Del Bosque will do. Rumours say he won't change that much, probably only Javi Martinez to start instead of Piqué. Del Bosque is confident that this team has what it takes to overcome Chile all by itself. Although I disagree, can't see them not scoring goals against a very weak Chile defence. But sticking with Casillas and a defensive line that will surely be caught surprised by the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Edu Vargas is a big risk. Chile have a game plan that is "score 1 more than the opponent". They don't like to defend, they press all over the pitch, and try to counter efficiently as soon as they recover. Valdivia and Alexis Sanchez are extremely important players and if Spain stops both of them, Chile won't have so much offensive strength. But once again, Casillas is still not mentally recovered, Spain defence isn't to trust, and Chile will surely have a handful of chances to score. Also having a small stake of Chile to score 2 or more, looks very good odds and they always enjoying scoring. I predict this one to be one of the most spectacular matches of the WC. Probably will be cagey for the first 10 minutes, but when things open up, will surely be impressive end to end.

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th

Over 2.5 and BTTS @ 2.00 for a 0.6 stake Chile Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 3.40 for a 0.3 stake No value on Over 2.5 and BTTS, but combining both looks good enough, as I just can't see either team not scoring, and I believe we will have a third goal at least. Both teams will want to win, Spain ahs to overcome a lot of trouble now with 0 points and a -4 goal difference, and will surely accelerate since the start. Hard to say what are going to be the changes that Del Bosque will do. Rumours say he won't change that much, probably only Javi Martinez to start instead of Piqué. Del Bosque is confident that this team has what it takes to overcome Chile all by itself. Although I disagree, can't see them not scoring goals against a very weak Chile defence. But sticking with Casillas and a defensive line that will surely be caught surprised by the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Edu Vargas is a big risk. Chile have a game plan that is "score 1 more than the opponent". They don't like to defend, they press all over the pitch, and try to counter efficiently as soon as they recover. Valdivia and Alexis Sanchez are extremely important players and if Spain stops both of them, Chile won't have so much offensive strength. But once again, Casillas is still not mentally recovered, Spain defence isn't to trust, and Chile will surely have a handful of chances to score. Also having a small stake of Chile to score 2 or more, looks very good odds and they always enjoying scoring. I predict this one to be one of the most spectacular matches of the WC. Probably will be cagey for the first 10 minutes, but when things open up, will surely be impressive end to end.
Not that I don't agree with your first pick but Casillas is still not mentally recovered??? C'mon man we are talking about Casillas not some young goalkeeper who struggle with self confidence. He has a ton of important games in his career and he is one of the best goal keepers ever. I don't think that this is something new for him and I bet he'll put a hell of a game tonight. The biggest problem for Spain is their slow midfielders especially Xavi and Iniesta out of form. Del Bosque said changes will be made for this game and if I was coach on Spain I will put Koke over Xavi considering their form. I don't think that after one bad game Spain is all of the sudden bad team who can't win a game. This is must win situation for them if they want to go to the next round. I bet on Spain & over 2.5 and 2-1; 3-1 correct score

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th 1 - Casillas is a top goalie? That's why he is on the bench for La Liga. With Mourinho, and Ancelotti. Think it is lack of quality? No. Both Mourinho and Ancelotti know that Diego Lopez is a much more consistent and secure (especially in handling and crossing) than Casillas. While Casillas may win on one-on-one and reflexes, there is no way I rate him much highly than Diego Lopez, nor he is one of the best goalies in the world, currently. Could say at least 5 goalies who are much better than him and in much more better form. He is well apart from his big form between 2006-2010. Still think is a good goalie, but he is ageing really bad, IMO. 2 - Losing 1-0 is one thing. Losing 5-1 is another. Not only the team has to recover from a GD deficit, but losing 5-1 usually leaves some deep wounds in the players minds. While I rate the Spanish team very highly due to the abundance of quality in all sectors, I don't rate them as robots to fully recover from that loss. I'm pretty sure we will see some players still not at their best. I expect that from Spain as much as I expect from Portugal. 3 - I didn't say Spain wasn't going to lose or draw. They can defenitely win the match, especially because Chile's defence is really bad and tries to counter than weakness with a high risk approach. But I do think Chile will also give a lot of trouble to Spain. Second pick is more risky, obviously, but there is definite value in 3.40 assuming Spain defense is as leaky as it was.

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th Spain vs Chile is all who scores first..... I expect the match to be atleast 3+ goals.... Chile cannot defend, Spain has to win... perfect combination..... I expect the same for the Dutch vs Australia..... Australia has to win + cannot defend, the Dutch best part is the offense..... as for Cameroon vs Croatia, without Eto Cameroon is like a toothles shark.... so I expect Croatia to win, unless Cameroon really has an amazing offensive days, they will get 2 maybe 3 chances if they can convert them Croatia is in trouble!

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th Sorry guys I could not edit yet (not having 20 posts) I posted in the wrong forum was thinking im posting on another forum..... anyhow Ill correct and add reasoning. Span vs Chile is full of goals for me, I expect Spaniards to go full out to get early lead, maybe even 2:0 if possible... they will be on fire.... So all it depends is how effective can they be upfront, and how good Chile can convert their chances I expect 2,5+ but put a bet for 1,5+ to be a bit more safe!

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th Chile has been one of my underdogs in this tournament as I was expecting Spain and Chile to qualify from this group. But, the opener's result has changed everything and now Spain is a must win situation. Chile have been playing in a similar style to tiki-taka, but three times faster one. Spain might be best team of the World, but certainly they have the most tired players of this tournament. Against Netherlands their midfield was horrible since they are using Barcelona midfielders in that area (Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta) and we all know how Barça struggled last season. Only two players, Iniesta and Silva looked good against Netherlands, having both of them in starting 11. Javi Martinez is replacing Pique and Pedro is replacing Xavi in this match. I don't think there will be a big effect. Chile are heavily underrated here as they are playing one of the most beautiful football, having an incredible pace. I am going with Chile DNB in this one at 4.60 Marathon. GL

Re: Group B - Spain v Chile > Wednesday June 18th OK - I think this is right ... After Holland beat Australia earlier, Chile can qualify by winning this. If Spain lose, they are out. A draw would take it to the last game. So the MINIMUM requirement for Spain is A DRAW. Not sure what this means for betting value, except that if Spain fall behind they will be desparate to equalise - to stay in the tournament.

Chile are heavily underrated here as they are playing one of the most beautiful football' date=' having an incredible pace. I am going with Chile DNB in this one at 4.60 Marathon[/quote'] :clap

Chile +1 AH 1.900 @ Bet365 - I'm surprised you can get a one goal headstart for Chile at nearly Evens here. Spain were completely destroyed by Holland in the second half with Robben's pace and Chile have players like Sanchez who are capable of doing the same. The manner of Spain's defeat must surely have knocked their confidence and Chile could take advantage. Even if Spain win by one you get your stake back so odds of nearly evens is very good in my opinion as there is a far greater chance of Chile winning or getting a draw than Spain winning by 2 goals or more.
:ok

OK - I think this is right ... After Holland beat Australia earlier' date=' Chile can qualify by winning this. If Spain lose, they are out. A draw would take it to the last game. So the MINIMUM requirement for Spain is A DRAW. Not sure what this means for betting value, except that if Spain fall behind they will be desparate to equalise - to stay in the tournament.[/quote']You read it like a book Louis. Good "Match Report" before a ball was kicked.