** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

What a hand!!

dave

Playing a live game with some friends just for very small money (6 player £5 buy in, £15 1st, £10 2nd, money back 3rd). Firstly I should point out that everyone was quite pissed and stoned by this stage, so maybe it seemed better to us, but thinking back it still seems pretty extraordinary. 2 players already out. 3 players left in post flop. Flop comes 3 3 9 I'm holding A3, so at this point I'm pretty confident. It ends up with the other 2 players all in, and me (chip leader) calling them. One turns over K3, and the other 99. Turn is K, which kills me off in this hand, and river is A. (Board now 3 3 9 K A) So there are 3 different full houses, 99933 beating both AA333 and KK333. Eventually finished 2nd after flopping an A high straight, but that hand pretty much decided the winner.

Re: What a hand!! Nice one Dave. I hope you don't mind me highjacking your thread with a little tale of my own? I just got knocked out of the £30,000 freeroll on Bet365 and decided to play some cash games on Laddies. First hand I auto post my blind on a $0.50 / $1.00 NL table. I get dealt A2 clubs suited. Most players flat call - no raisers. The flop comes Qc 4c 5h. (So I am flushing and gutshot straighting) Everyone checks and then the last player raises about $2. I call and one other player calls. The turn comes 8c. I have the nut flush. I check. The next player checks. The original raiser bets $5. I call. The other player reraises all in about $20. The original raiser calls as do I. The river comes and it is an Ad. Remember one player is now all in from the last round of betting. The other player raises about $30. I reraise all in about the $60 I have left from the $100 I bought into the table with. The last player goes all in for his remaining $25 or so. The original 'all in' has QQQ. The original raiser has a K flush. I have the Ace flush. $125 profit ($225 pot) first hand and I get up and leave to have a glass of wine and thank the poker Gods. It's not the money (as I have won far more) - it's just that it was the first cash hand of the night and it took 2 mins to earn. Happy Days. :D PS - I felt a bit bad upping and leaving with their cash to be honest. Not the done thing in a live game - on the internet I'm not sure if the same etiquette applies?

Re: What a hand!! Pretty rare to get that sort of hand 3 handed in a live game dave, I bet your mate was well chuffed with himself :lol... GETT1N as we say on the internet "nh" mate :lol....I wouldnt worry too much about getting up and leaving straight afterwards at those stakes. Yes the people you busted will think you are a bit of a dick for doing it but loads do on the lower stakes and it is only when you get up to 25/50NL and beyond on the net you will find people actually avoiding playing you if you have a reputation for "hit n runs". Jez