** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

NRL Rd 12

After a typically hard fought (brutal) Origin 1, Clubs have been left to pick up the pieces and field depleted teams - no Hayne, no spine for the Storm, Morris out at Canterbury and StGI, DC-E out and AW doubtful for Manly to name only a few. The Roosters and the Warriors appear to be the only unaffected teams (?). On saying that, five of the six matches appear reasonably straightforward, which could well be tempting fate given the season thus far. I expect Penrith, the Roosters, Nth Qld, the Warriors & Souths all to win, which aggregates to a $3.58 5-leg multi with Sports Bet - not great, but the logic being that the named teams are all clear favourites, makes it an acceptable risk/punt. Have made good $ gains backing $1.30-$1.60 favourites and banking the profit in recent weeks (across a range of sports, eg Sydney Swans last night @ $1.42), so am applying that strategy here. GL all!

Re: NRL Rd 12 I've done some optimistic (perhaps chaotic) value bets this round.. 1/4u PYOL eels -7.5 @$5.20 Sb = Hayne is out but I don't see any value Penrith -6. I still think the eels are the real deal this year and have a terrific forward pack 1/2u Canberra @$5.23 pinnacle = Yes the Roosters should win here but with a few players backing up after origin and the Good price on Caberra I can't refuse 1u NQ -16.5 pinnacle = Storm have the big 3 out. This is devastating so this line should be covered easily 1u Manly -6.5 @$3 sb = Manly should dominate plus some salary cap clouds over broncs 1u Rabbits -12.5 = Dragons with a struggling Benji should be eaten alive here. DANGER: If Benji somehow returns to form this bet might be turned upsidedown but I doubt it. gl