Flat Racing > Sunday May 18th

Navan 4:05 I thought Leading Light would be favourite for this Group 3, and although the Weld yard is in sublime form, I think he is a better horse than Pale Mimosa. He ran in the Arc at Longchamp when last seen and these days he prefers further, things just didn't go according to plan that day and he is much much better than that. He looked impressive when beat Talent comfortably in the St Leger at Doncaster, the winner of the Oaks last year. He bolted up on his only run here at Navan and the step up to 1m6f tomorrow will be in his favour. I am expecting a big season from this horse. Leading Light WIN @ 15/8 Bet Victor

Re: Flat Racing > Sunday May 18th Interesting card at Ripon. A bit of fun and an attempt at finding some winners ! 2.10 Kylach me if you Can brings the best form to the table of those that have run, but it's far from spectacular. Roosey did nothing on debut, and I wouldn't be surprised if this went to a newcomer. Any market support would be significant. NO BET 2.40 Richard Fahey's aptly named Flying Machine ran an excellent figure (89) on debut, which puts him above the level I'd expect to be required to win this. Anything that runs this kind of figure on debut normally goes on to break their maiden quickly after, and I fully expect Flying Machine to take this. He looks a lot better than the others who have run, and barring a very hot newcomer, 10/11 looks a very fair price. 2 pts win Flying Machine @ 11/10 Betfred 3.10 I wasn't going to touch this race, but I had Reet Petite down as a 5/2 shot, and I'm extremely surprised to see him go off 5/1. Michael Dods horses are running really well at the moment, and I didn't think Reet Petite ran a bad race on debut. Went on to disappoint at Beverley, but didn't look wholly at ease on the firmer ground so I'm willing to forgive that. His debut figure of 65 gives him a solid chance, and puts him ahead of Tagtale in my betting. He needs to find a couple of pounds to beat Stan Moore's Kidmeforever, but at the prices on offer, I know which one I'm siding with. 0.5 pt win Reet Petite @ 11/2 Hills 3.40 Bondesire recorded a speed figure of 97 last time at Beverley, but he was advantaged by the plum draw that day and will find things tougher today. At 6/5, he's far too short. Iffranesia ran a massive figure at Nottingham last time (91), making him look extremely well in on turf off a mark of 77. The figure was a big improvement on his AW ratings and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him go in again off a 5 lb higher mark. Mayfield Girl has dropped to 77 now, 4 lbs below her last winning mark. She ran well at Nottingham two starts back, running a figure of 85 and suggesting she was returning to form. She was completely hampered by the draw at Thirsk next time out and that run can be ignored (although she still ran with credit, only beaten 3 lengths and 4th on her side behind Tumblewind who won yesterday from a much more favourable draw). She has drifted out to a massive 20/1 and her Nottingham run gives her a massive chance. Augusta Ada ran some nice figures in maiden's and ran well in a hot nursery behind J Wonder last season off a harsh mark of 87. She has now dropped down to a mark of 79 which looks fairer. The worry is that Ollie Pears doesn't have a great record with his horses first time out, and a watching brief may be advisable today. 0.5 pt win Iffranesia @ 4/1 Bet365 1 pt e/w Mayfield Girl @ 20/1 Bet365 4.40 I was surprised to see Richard Fahey's New Street start his season over a mile, given Fahey's opinion that he needed a step up in trip (which is backed up by his breeding). Therefore, it was no surprise to see him struggle to get competitive over a mile on firmer ground at Yarmouth. He gets the step up in trip today to 9 1/2f, and I fully expect him to improve for it. His 2 year old figures give him a chance off 74, and any improvement thanks to the step up in trip should see him win off this mark. 4/1 is reasonable 0.75 pt win New Street @ 4/1 Bet365 5.40 Makruma brings a good standard to this race, and I feel it might just be enough to win it. I don't think Art of War is any value at the price, and I feel Roger Varian's runner needs to improve around 6 lbs to match Makruma. I think we know everything there is to know about Makruma, but I think the standard she brings is probably enough. 0.75 pt win Makruma @ 4/1 Combining all 5 in 2 x e/w Lucky 31's (with Iffranesia & Mayfield Girl)

Re: Flat Racing > Sunday May 18th

4.05 Navan Leading Light 6/4 Stan James BOG
O' Brien has traditionally used this as a lauch pad for his Gold Cup winners and Leading Light who some fancied for the Arc went from strength to strength last year winning at Royal Ascot. He is the best horse in the race and should be fit enough to win today with the Irish Guineas less than a week away.
10 Points win Leading Light 6/4 Stan James BOG
4.35 Navan John Constable 6/4 Stan James BOG
Second in a maiden here before disappointing at Tipperary, John Constable should win today on what is last chance saloon. He has the best form
10 Points win John Constable 6/4 Stan James BOG 5.35 Navan Table Rock 7/4 Paddy Power BOG
Table Rock was beaten a head by Eberoran in a maiden at Leopardstown last year before running second under a tender ride at Limerick lto. Should be fit now and win.
10 Points win Table Rock 7/4 Paddy Power BOG 3.35 Navan Masai 2/1 Paddy Power BOG
Masai ran well at Naas a couple of weeks ago before fading into 4th close home. Again, should be fitter and has to win this today before going to his target which is Ascot
10 Points win Masai 2/1 Paddy Power BOG 3.05 Navan Fresh Focus 7/2 Bet365 BOG
Fresh Focus ran green when finishing a close up 6th to The Great War at the Curragh fto. This is easier and he should be straighter today. Has to win this well if he is to take up his engagement at Ascot.
10 Points win Fresh Focus 7/2 Bet365 BOG 2.05 Navan Household Cavalry 9/2 BetVictor BOG
Household Cavalry had a quiet introduction at the Curragh fto and should be fitter today. That was good maiden but is expected to leave that form way behind.
10 Points win Household Cavalry 9/2 BetVctor BOG

Re: Flat Racing > Sunday May 18th 3.05 navan - Blackbriar ew 5/1 , each way to nothing here , stack saddled runner up last two years behind AOB runners and will want to go better today , half sister to Tarn , winner at 2yo on debut for this yard. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk