** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Monaco Betting Thread

I just thought I'd create a thread to discuss Monaco betting - the race with the most prestige and fame attached to it on the calendar. Hopefully the racing is more interesting than in previous years due to the lack of grip and torque from the engines - it may end up with various safety cars though! My current thoughts surround the following bets depending on price released: Vettel/Ricciardo for fastest laps Currently the Mercedes have dominated the season however as long as the price is around 4-4.5 on Vettel I'm really happy to take a calculated wager on this. The Mercedes may be the quickest car and may do enough to win but there are a few reasons to back either Red Bull driver: - Vettel secured the fastest lap in Spain - Mercedes have almost certainly been turning down the power in the last part of the race. This has happened everywhere and I suspect it is part of an agreement internally. They're are many reasons to think this including the fuel usage graphics which showed that even when Rosberg was pushing he was using less fuel/power than he could do to even hit even. Mercedes have such an advantage that they can afford to cruise nearer the end and have done. The gaps have often stayed static around 20-25 seconds when they had over 2 seconds a lap when they needed to. - Monaco should really suit the Red Bull (as reported by Vettel who suggested they could challenge Mercedes for the win there) - it's a traction and mechanical grip track and the Red Bull looks the class of the field in that respect. Mercedes will be stronger on the straights but these are minimal and Renault are bringing further upgrades. A mixture of things mean Red Bull should only be 2-4 tenths behind a lap. - Mercedes want to win the constructors championship and racing hard around Monaco is risky. They'll likely call the battle off between their two drivers and get them to take it cautiously once they have the 43 points secured. - Vettel really loves records and has recorded a lot of fastest laps in his career - he's very famous for it. So I'd definitely be willing to back Vettel at around 4 which represents good value, Ricciardo might be worth a back at 5-6. He's really excelled in the car so far and Brundle said him and the Red Bull looked the most planted car through the corners - very effortless and he should really excel again. Force India and Ferrari to struggle; Williams and McLaren to be strong Force India and Ferrari struggled in Sector 3 which is an incredibly good barometer of form at Monaco over the years. Both were significantly slower than others you might expect. Ferrari were considerably slower than Williams and on par with Lotus and Force India were only better than Sauber, Marussia and Caterham. Force India really struggled for traction and grip and were lucky to pick up points - Maldonado plus the struggles of others helped them out there. Does anyone else have some really good insights? I'd love to work together to take the bookies to the cleaners!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Monaco Betting Thread Monaco GP Full Article Here The bookies make Rosberg favourite and the best price is 4/6 with Betfred. Hamilton will be so fired up but will this hinder or help his chances? He’s 7/4 with the same firm. The Red Bulls are in behind on row 2 and will have a private battle for a podium position, I like Vettel at 6/4 compared to Ricciardo at 4/7! It looks a two horse race with Ferrari just in behind them. Not much value elsewhere with very limited overtaking chances but we could just be in for a tasty old battle up front this week! Selections: 2pts L.Hamilton 7/4 >Betfred 2pts S.Vettel Podium Finish 6/4 >Betfred