** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

HP Byron Nelson > May 15th - 18th

Aidymac

Re: HP Byron Nelson > May 15th - 18th The Byron Nelson champions roster over recent seasons lists a number of high profile players, but scratch the surface and you will find winning prices of 100/1, 200/1 and 150/1 across the 4 most recent renewals. Now trends are always there to be broken and Dufner's victory here 2 years ago was at 22/1, so this tournament could go either way. That's the beauty (or not) of these 'domestic' level PGA Tour events right now! I like the idea of Paul Casey going well this week for a number of reasons. This will be his 7th of 8th sponsors exemption invites in 2014 and he was actually entered for this week's Spanish Open, but naturally withdrew when he knew he had a spot in Texas. His form is trending upwards right now and who knows he maybe inspired by his great friend Martin Kaymer's victory last week. US Open participation isn't guaranteed for the ex World Number 3 and whilst his ball striking has been excellent for a prolonged period of time, the putter at TPC Louisiana also showed signs of defrosting. I tend to avoid players who don't have full playing privileges on the PGA Tour and made the mistake of backing Jamie Donaldson the other week in Quail Hollow, but I simply couldn't resist Casey this week on soft bent greens that could well favour him. Of the shorter prices Ryan Moore was the last to get the 'chop' this week and in soft conditions and I can see him going extremely well on a course where he finished 2nd in 2008.

Re: HP Byron Nelson > May 15th - 18th I have Keegan Bradley vision this week. Course record 60 en route to solo 2nd last year, win here back in 2011. Type of course he flourishes on -- have said number of times how good Bradley is at repeating top performances on favoured tracks and along with Firestone I think this would be the most suited. Contended at Arnold Palmer a few weeks back (another course where he has multiple Top 3 finishes, just like this week). Disappointed on Sunday in New Orleans but choose to see the positive that his game is close on a course where he's the top horse.

Re: HP Byron Nelson > May 15th - 18th I'm with you Crouchy. Tournament preview: 1pt ew K.Bradley to win Byron Nelson Championship 22/1 Betfair (1/4 1-5) I have to say I’m not Keegan Bradley’s biggest fan but I like his chances this week. He is a former winner here and was runner up to Bae last year so this is clearly a course he connects with and unlike those above him in the betting by and large when he’s in contention he gets the job done which is a boost. Bradley has many faults but his putting isn’t one of them and if he can find the fairways this week he should go very close once again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/byron-nelson-championship-betting-keegan-bradley-can-go-deep-in-texas-again

Re: HP Byron Nelson > May 15th - 18th Top ROW preview: 1pt ew R.Sabbatini Top Rest of the World player 12/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) Rory Sabbatini isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he’s a former winner of this event and has another good finish in it to his name which counts for something and he’s been in good form over the last month or so. Last week wasn’t the best for him but he had three top 20 finishes in a row prior to that which suggests he’s bringing some form into the event with him and given we know he goes well here he’s the call. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/byron-nelson-championship-betting-rory-sabbatini-can-revive-past-glories-in-texas

Re: HP Byron Nelson > May 15th - 18th No point me going over what the lads have said but I am on Keegan Bradley also this week for the same reasons, 22/1 also. I think he has a great chance, he loves it here. He is the highest Byron Nelson earner (from only 3 years here) in the field this week which shows he loves it here. Had a few quid on John Senden each-way @ 50/1 who is having the season of his life. A good week this week should see him break into the Top 50 in the World (currently 53rd). Won the Valspar, T8 at the Masters and played very well at The Players last week, T26. He has missed the last 3 cuts in the Byron but he did finish 7th here in 2009. Had a few quid on Freddie Jacobson @ 66/1 who has had some eye-catching performances in 2014 which include T12 in the Honda Classic, T20 in the Valspar, T10 in the Arnold Palmer, T19 in Houston so he is certainly playing well enough to figure this week. He finished T17 in this event last year and finished T7 in 2007 so he is another with a chance. Last player I backed is Retief Goosen @ 125/1. He has had three Top 10's this year which included a T7 in the Houston Open. He hasn't played in the Byron Nelson since 2005 but has stated he is feeling very good about his game at the moment and wants to play as many tournaments as he can this season which has to be a positive. Good luck folks.

Re: HP Byron Nelson > May 15th - 18th Keegan Bradley 28-1 General Twenty eight to one may not seem a great odds on a guy that has just posted a level par first round, but I believe the layers are keeping one eye firmly fixed on Mr Bradley and with good reason. His credentials at TPC Four Seasons have been well documented both on here and in the golfing media. Bradley had a fairly late tee yesterday, something that any self respecting golfer is never going to volunteer for. KB soon found himself +2 after a matter of a few holes, however he began to find his game with a birdie on seven, a hot blitz at the turn saw him cash in with three birdies in the first four holes of the back nine. Unfortunately he let the revival slip with a further two bogies to finish on level par. Cracking off today at 07.30 local time in a strong three ball (Woodland Kuchar) should prove the ideal tonic for the course record holder and with more receptive greens I fancy KB will play himself into the tournament and if he does he may will be a single figure price going into the weekend.