National Hunt Racing - Tuesday 22nd April

2.25 Ludlow - 3pts win Spoil Me @ 3/1 (Skybet) Not a strong race and I'm keen on Jonjo O'Neill's charge to land the spoils here. Jumped out to the left at Taunton last time when eventually unseating AP McCoy so the return to a left-handed track is an obvious advantage and ran quite well here on his only other previous visit. Has only won once in 17 starts but hasn't had many chances over fences and this looks an ideal opportunity. Has looked a menace without seeing out his races over 2m4f but the drop back to two miles looks ideal on that evidence and is blinkered for the first time also. Doesn't look much in here of great concern and if putting it all in should be tough to beat under what look optimal conditions. 2.35 Wetherby - 1pt win Mr Vendman @ 25/1 (Sportingbet) Big price but hasn't looked devoid of promise over hurdles yet but this step up in trip can unlock a bit more I fancy. Stays quite well on the flat and has been plugging on from behind without getting involved over obstacles so far. Was always going to struggle in novice hurdles as he's not very good but plugged on into 6th at Warwick which wasn't a bad effort and jumped left throughout around Sandown when last seen over obstacles. Was beaten 21l there but that was a 0-125 handicap on soft ground and I think this extra yardage, a return to a left-handed track and an ease in grade to a 0-100 can see him competitive. Cheekpieces are on and the better ground could also be in his favour. A weak race so it looks worth chancing him at a tasty price. 3.00 Ludlow - 2pts win Charingworth @ 6/1 (SJ) Getting on a bit now at the age of 11 but is still competitive at this level and I still think he can win off this mark of 127. Was only beaten 3l when last seen in December and was two sound thirds prior to that - including at Cheltenham in a decent race. That came off this mark and after a break - something which he's had since his last run, and he goes well fresh. 314632 are his form figures after a lengthy absence so I can see him going nicely today under conditions that suit. He enjoys good ground, has acted round here in the past. This is a slight drop in class also and the yard are amongst the winners. Should go well.

Re: National Hunt Racing - Tuesday 22nd April

6.05 Ballinrobe Noble Inn 13/8 BetVictor BOG
Although Orgilgo Bay won a maiden around here and has good form over hurdles, Noble Inn will be hard to beat. He won over hurdles around here and was runner up 3 times to his stable companions before running in the Fred Winter where he finished in mid division.
10 Points win Noble Inn 13/8 BetVictor BOG