The Progressives

egg

Going to run this thread alongside my 'Maidens' thread. I personally move horses to another list once they've won their maidens and try to determine their class and likely progression. There won't be as many bets in this thread but its interesting to see how horses develop with their racing etc. Ive had 4 qualifiers this season so far but only bet 3 of them as one was odds on: Don't 9/4(unplaced) Grasped 1/3 (won) Western Hymn 11/8(won, took 7/4) Kingman 15/8(won) There's a few entered up this week and are as follows Be Ready (Newmarket 16th 3.30. Newmarket 17th 4.05) Folk Melody (Newmarket 16th 4.05) Pelerin (Newmarket 16th 4.05) Obliterator (Newmarket 16th 4.40) Sudden Wonder (Newmarket 17th 2.55) Seagull Star (Newmarket 17th 2.55) Cloudscape (Newmarket 17th 5.40) Warrior Of Light (Newmarket 17th 5.40)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Progressives of the 4 that have ran this season I'll be removing Don't from the list. Comments Don't- never saw the horses pre race and may have changed my mind backing it if I had, looked like it hadn't grown over the winter and didn't show in the race at all even though the maiden it won was over same CD. removed. Grasped- Again quite green and looked in trouble before swooping late on to just get up. Needs a step up in trip now and won't back over a mile again. Should progress to I feel high 80's at least judged on time for final 2f of debut run. At least the handicapper can't raise mark much with narrow win. Western Hymn- fulfilled the promise of his debut performance when again coming from off slow fractions to win going away. Next stop Dante for him and no surprise if he were to win that en route to Derby tilt. Kingman- almost Frankelish the way he quickened away from that good field and worthy favourite now for the Gunieas now. Haven't seen anything that could touch him yet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.