Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Manchester City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th United-City Bet: City -0.25 @ 1.85 (Pinnacle) (5/10) I don’t really need to tell everybody about United’s bad performances this season as it is known. Just against the weaker teams in Premier League they are showing good performances from time to time but still are inconsistent. Now they are facing City in one of their most important matches this season as it is THE DERBY for them. If you look on United’s performance this season against Premier Leauge top teams you can see: 0-0 at home against Chelsea, 0-1 against Liverpool away, 1-4 against City away, 1-0 against Arsenal at home, 2-2 against Tottenham away, 1-2 against Tottenham at home, 1-3 against Chelsea away, 0-0 against Arsenal away and 0-3 against Liverpool at home. United is going to miss Vidic and Van Perise while Valencia, Smalling and Ferdinand are high in doubt but Evans and Hernandez returning to the squad. Especially Van Persie missing is a very big problem as he was the one player who would make the differenc for United in a lot of matches. City on the other side is playing absolutely brilliant this season smashing almost all of their opponents weather top team or not ->4:1 against United at home, lost 1-2 against Chelsea away, 6-0 against Tottenham at home, 6-3 against Arsenal at home, 2-1 against Liverpool at home, 5-1 against Tottenham away, 0-1 against Chelsea at home. It also could be seen this season that City has problems against team that are standing very deep and know how to defend. However in this kind of derby you can be pretty sure that United won’t play absolutely defending here and rather will try to win this match with all they can. City is normally only smashing their opponents with home advantge but as these two manchester stadiums have a distance of 9Km the home advantage should not be that big. City will miss Richards, Nastasic as well as Augero. Dzeko still in doubt for the game. All in all this is exactly the kind of match city smahses their opponent in and shows a very good performance so the odds of 2.15 are still too high in my opinion.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th 4pts Man City to beat Man Utd 6/5 Bet365 I think we saw when Liverpool went to Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago how the frail United defence can be exposed and I would expect something similar here. One area I expect City to have complete control in the game is the middle of the park and the dominating forces of Fernandinho and Yaya Toure can ensure those in front of him get enough opportunities to have the blue half of Manchester cheering at the full time whistle. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-man-city-betting-blue-half-of-manchester-to-be-smiling-on-tuesday-night

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th Difficult to explain 2.26 odds on City which this season is a superior team to United. United has struggled badly against other top sides and City is surely one of the best right now. The way this season has turned out I'd say City has about a 50% chance to win this match. I'll have some 2.25 with Pinnacle.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th I just remember how many chances Olympiakos had here to kill the tie and the close moments they squandered. Then I wonder what Negredo, Silva or Navas would do put into those same opportunities the Greeks were able to create... Then I think of how the fantastic heroics of RVP saved them 3-0. Then I remember he won't play here....

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th

I just remember how many chances Olympiakos had here to kill the tie and the close moments they squandered. Then I wonder what Negredo, Silva or Navas would do put into those same opportunities the Greeks were able to create... Then I think of how the fantastic heroics of RVP saved them 3-0. Then I remember he won't play here....
Agree, Man Utd would have been out if Olympiakos had their regular striker available, I don't think Man Utd are getting better or so, two games proves nothing. I am happy that Man Utd won two games in a row, now we can get better odds on the Citizens. :)

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th Vidic is suspended. Rio (back), Evans (calf) and Smalling (hamstring) are doubts and missed West Ham. Back 4 for West Ham was Buttner - Carrick - Phil Jones - Rafael Moyes won't give a direct answer as to whether any of the 3 will be back. Does this mean he is protecting the fact no one will return? What is clear is that if the 4 from West Ham play again then Man U will concede between 3 and 7 goals and Rafael will get a red card.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th I was leaning Man City as well(just like most of the world) but when I saw the odds I thought to myself, wait a minute, every time I took a bet that "looked too good to be true", especially a huge public bet with great odds I got burned every time. If there is something I've learned from sports betting is that bookies do not give out gifts and are not stupid enough to set lines like the ones in this game. Conclusion: Manchester United will get something out of this game, most probably a draw.

I was leaning Man City as well(just like most of the world) but when I saw the odds I thought to myself' date=' wait a minute, every time I took a bet that "looked too good to be true", especially a huge public bet with great odds I got burned every time. If there is something I've learned from sports betting is that bookies do not give out gifts and are not stupid enough to set lines like the ones in this game. Conclusion: Manchester United will get something out of this game, most probably a draw.[/quote'] Just a couple of weeks ago when Liverpool paid a visit the price quoted on this forum was 3.15 In anticipation of that match we all chatted about what a "gift" those odds were. http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/148044-Manchester-United-v-Liverpool-gt-Sunday-March-16th

I just remember how many chances Olympiakos had here to kill the tie and the close moments they squandered. Then I wonder what Negredo, Silva or Navas would do put into those same opportunities the Greeks were able to create... Then I think of how the fantastic heroics of RVP saved them 3-0. Then I remember he won't play here....
I think that says pretty much everything.United couldn't keep the Greeks out of the field even that they wer without their best striker they had a few good oppportuniteis to score.Now with Manchester City's creativity in offence and Negredo upfront to finish the attacks, i think United stand no chance.West Ham just didn't believe they could win the game + they conceded an early goal that forced them to change their approach to the game,but they couldn't do that.City's defence is no joke and with RVP out it's Rooney who will be the only 1 maybe who can score a goal.The Citizens are chasing the title and i doubt they will be glad to take the draw here.The odds are worthed and the comparison to Lpool's game is about right i think.I won't feel sorry even City don't win,these odds are just must take for me.

I was leaning Man City as well(just like most of the world) but when I saw the odds I thought to myself' date=' wait a minute, every time I took a bet that "looked too good to be true", especially a huge public bet with great odds I got burned every time. If there is something I've learned from sports betting is that bookies do not give out gifts and are not stupid enough to set lines like the ones in this game. Conclusion: Manchester United will get something out of this game, most probably a draw.[/quote'] I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but bookies do not set odds based on their judgement of who will win the game. They balance the odds so that they win at each outcome. The odds are mostly based on how people bet at the particular bookie and so these odds are a reflection of what most people think about this game. If you really do think there is a greater than 40% chance that City will take the three points then you should consider betting on the away win as this will be a value bet for you.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th I wouldn't be so keen to go for goals in this, Pellegrini has finally figured out that Dzeko and Negredo can't play together and since Aguero is still out they will probably play the extra body in midfield with Garcia coming in. It would be great if Jotevic could play but even if he is fit he is unlikely to start. City aren't playing as well attacking wise as they were at the start of the season and they certainly miss somthing if Aguero isn't there, Negredo has been in poor form for a long time now and Dzeko is so inconsistent. I'm not convinced that United are suddenly 'back' after two half decent performances against a average Olympiacos side and West Ham who just didn't turn up and gave United's attackers so much space it was unreal. I suppose the logical bet is to go with City as they can finally just focus on the league rather than going into meltdown because they are in about 8 different competitions! Wouldn't surprise me to see a fairly low-scoring encounter though as City are hardly reliable away from home.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th Half time correct score man city 2-0 10/1 bet365. I think man city will come out flying and try and win this game as soon as possible. Great odds for goals in this game. I am expecting over 4 goals

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th City will be far too strong in midfield for us tonight, Nasri and Silva will be drifting in off the wings to make certain that they win the midfield battle (wouldn't be hard). I personally think you would be mad to back United in any way shape or form tonight with Carrick playing centre back and no Van Persie.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th Agree with most of the comments posted above, the price on City looks very good to me. Yes, it is a derby, but that's why the price is what it is - the real risk being a a city player getting sent off. With 11 men I cannot see past City - Utd are spineless down the middle and their centre mid is wholly lacking any ability to defensively link with the back four or support attacks at speed. As (I think) KevsHat said, Yaya and Fernandinho will dominate tonight I feel and Utd will be powerless to stem City's attacks. Victories against two weak teams count for very little and so I will be taking City tonight - albeit, as I usually like to risk a little less on my stake I will be pumping the risk up with goals as well. City to win and over 2.5 goals @ 3.1 with B365 City to at over evens is a gift though!

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this' date=' but bookies do not set odds based on their judgement of who will win the game. They balance the odds so that they win at each outcome.[/quote'] That's definitely what they want you to think and maybe sometimes it's true but not always. The truth is somewhere in the middle. There are cases, especially in big public games where traps exist and the oddsmakers take advantage of the the public's perception.(recent examples: Last Superbowl and even the last Classico game) People think that bookies will make money regardless because of the "juice" they charge and that's true but it's not only the juice IMO, it's also the fact that their highly sophisticated systems are not public-friendly at all. People just don't want to believe that the oddsmakers know the outcome of games but this is a multi-billion dollar industry and those people in charge know a hell lot more than your average degen. You just have to bet on NBA(where there are games everyday) to realize how sharp these oddsmakers are.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th I think you all right , we just have to make our choice after :) For me i see a value in the : Man City win boths halves @6.62 on betcity , the odd is not very very big ok (Liverpool was @10) but i think Man Utd level isn't the same of ManCity since season started they made 2 good games and i think they could have a downfeeling after that i see an other beautiful odd for an doubles : Man city to score in 2nd half @1.52 !!!! on betcity

Let's not forget this game is a derby and in a derby' date=' anything can happen.[/quote'] Derby or not - anything can happen in football and anything can happen in sport. Now that we have thrown out some cliches, lets get on with punting.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Tuesday March 25th Fact 1: Derby Fact 2: City poor away form Fact 3: City poor displays against Sunderland and Wigan (such poor matches) Fact 4: Aguero out True that i can also mention a lot of downsides for United aswell...but i just cant see any value on away side at 2.2...still Old Trafford no matter what. GL

Fact 1: Derby Fact 2: City poor away form Fact 3: City poor displays against Sunderland and Wigan (such poor matches) Fact 4: Aguero out True that i can also mention a lot of downsides for United aswell...but i just cant see any value on away side at 2.2...still Old Trafford no matter what. GL
Personally I'd have said games against bottom ten sides are a different prospect. When looking at this game it's better to look at games faced between top four or six sides. Also Wigan was a cup game.

Fact 1: Derby Fact 2: City poor away form Fact 3: City poor displays against Sunderland and Wigan (such poor matches) Fact 4: Aguero out True that i can also mention a lot of downsides for United aswell...but i just cant see any value on away side at 2.2...still Old Trafford no matter what. GL
Oh come on! It is a fair price for a team that has everything to play for. Clearly, Moyes is out of his depth and both Olympiakos and West Ham just rolled over to give united the result. Even without their best scorer, the Greeks nearly scored. All those factors you mentioned are exactly why City should win this game. They know they miss Aguero but so does United in a big game (guess what could have happened in the CL game without RVP?). That cancels out. Although United and Moyes will have less pressure coming into this fixture, United have been clueless against quality opposition. Silva and Yaya Toure have been putting in good shifts and to get a result away against Hull (who needed the points) with 10 men playing for over 80 minutes and still winning 0-2! Now that is very good away performance. Man for man, City are so much better. This is city s game to lose. Pellegrini is a shrewd manager and they will make a statement tonight. United won just the one game 1-0 against gooners when playing top 4 opposition. Just because they shut out two really poor teams (WHU are extremely poor with Carrol than without) United do not become world beaters. Also they have been really really woeful at Trafford. This is literally David vs (goliath) Pellegrini. City will score 2+ and yaya toure will get on the score sheet. Who needs aguero when you are loaded with the lineup that city have and what is wrong with Negredo?? He is a wondeful striker who relishes the big games. Negredo and Yaya to score!

I think you all right , we just have to make our choice after :) For me i see a value in the : Man City win boths halves @6.62 on betcity , the odd is not very very big ok (Liverpool was @10) but i think Man Utd level isn't the same of ManCity since season started they made 2 good games and i think they could have a downfeeling after that i see an other beautiful odd for an doubles : Man city to score in 2nd half @1.52 !!!! on betcity
Man City out of CL and FA Cup i think , they can be more focus to win this PL They win 5-0 last game, maybe a start of another good run for them I'm gone put some units on Nasri to score anytime @4.50 and Negredo score and M.City wins @4.00 VOID NON STARTED all on betcity
good night