** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st 4pts Both teams to score 10/11 William Hill Both sides are in the middle of a really exciting La Liga race and this tie should be equally as exciting. We all know the attacking talents both sides possess whereas both can be a bit open at the back so I very much like the idea of both sides scoring here. I don’t think Barcelona will want to go to Madrid without winning and that could just give the visitors enough incentive to go and grab a potentially vital away goal. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barcelona-vs-atletico-madrid-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-exciting-first-leg

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st

4pts Both teams to score 10/11 William Hill whereas both can be a bit open at the back so I very much like the idea of both sides scoring here.
This is a stereotype of Atletico from a couple of years ago. No longer do they score 3 and let in 5. In Spain they have the BEST defence of La Liga conceding only 22 goals in 31 matches. Any club would be proud of that record. They are often described by pundits as a Serie A team playing in Spain, due to the tenacity, organisation and discipline they show in defence. Barca have the second best defensive record conceding only 25 in 31.

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st Barcelona have hit great form and have momentum going into this clash. You have to say it's a great opportunity for them to state their intent,not just for the CL but also the league. A good win here and they can forge a mental hold over Atletico. It obviously won't be easy here though as Atletico have proved to be very solid this season and recorded a fine win against Bilbao on Saturday night. There's a bit of value on Atletico double chance for me. I make it shorter than the 17/10 at Coral so small stakes on that for me. Hopefully a good game!

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st It always staggers me that Pinto is the back-up to Valdes as he always looks a total liability to me, he isn't comfortable at all with the ball at his feet which is a big deal when you play from the back like Barca do. It is rumoured he is good mates with Messi which helps his cause. Valdes is having his best season for Barca so I would say it weakens Barca quite a bit from a goalkeeping point of view..

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st Yeah, Atletico's defence has been one of their strengths this season I think. My feeling is there's some value backing them at current handicap odds, and possibly some value on 'unders' as well.

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st It'd be in Pintos best interests to hoof it up field whenever he has the ball. The thought of Pinto, Pique & Mascherano playing triangles at the back trying to pass through Costa, Villa, Turan, Diego etc. sends shivers up my spine.

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st Just a few weeks ago things were looking very tough for Barcelona as they were sitting in 3rd position adrift of Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. They proved all their doubters wrong though when they travelled to the Bernabeu and beat Real Madrid 4-3 in a pulsating game of football with end to end action. Ronaldo and Messi were the stars of the show but it was Messi who had the last laugh and Barca are now in 2nd position, 1 point behind Atletico. They have scored 22 goals in their last 5 home games and in my opinion Atletico are going to find it very tough to keep this pace up for the remaining fixtures in the season. They have over-achieved to get this far and I think Barcelona are just about to blossom which is a worry for them. These two sides have met three times already this season and the three games were all drawn, 1-1 and two goal-less draws. Atletico have a very solid defence, in fact it is the best defence in Spain this season. They have been solid away from home in the Champions League this season, they beat Milan 1-0 in the San Siro but it was a game they really did not deserve to win. They could also only manager draws away to Zenit St Petersburg so although they are unbeaten on the road, they face a completely different task tomorrow night. Even though they drew with Barca at the Nou Camp already this season, you would have to make Barcelona big favourites to win the home leg with Messi back playing brilliant football. The bet I like here is Barcelona to win by exactly 1 goal which is as big as 11/4 with Sky Bet. It is bound to be a very tight affair but I think Barcelona just have that extra bit of class needed to win the game and if they got a 1-0 victory they would be more than happy. Atletico are very reliant on Diego Costa for goals this season and Barcelona will have to do a job on him to keep him quiet. If they succeed in keeping him limited then Barcelona should really win the game. The home side have been in these big european nights in the past, they have been there and done it and the likes of Iniesta and Messi live for these big nights. It won't be easy but Barcelona to win by a goal is my bet. Barcelona to Win by 1 Goal @ 11/4 Sky Bet - Also get £35 Free Bets when you register with Sky Bet!

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st Three games will be coming. I expect both teams to hold the horses in this first game. Barcelona will probably hold the ball more, but will face a well organized and highly motivated defence. My prediction is 1:0 and not many corners as well due to most of the action happening in the middle of the park.

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st I didnt think Costa was hurt the other night,when he went down he was all smiles.Athletico showed earlier in the season that they can keep Barcelona out when they got a well deserved 0-0,in fact if the game lasted another 90 mins i dont think the score would have changed.I believe this will be a low scoring affair and under 2.5 goals at Bet 365 will do for me at 21/20.

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st I think Barcelona will show today why Atletico doesn´t deserve to win the Spanish league. In a couple of weeks when Atletico looses everything, Simeone will start changing his poor mentality...

In a couple of weeks when Atletico looses everything' date=' Simeone will start changing his poor mentality...[/quote'] Do you mean because he sometimes uses defensive tactics?

Re: FC Barcelona v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday April 1st Honestly I think the odds for Godin to get a yellow card tonight completely disproportionate. It is easy to realize that Champions League referees cardboard display usually less common. And they tend to be many "UEFA style" where talks with players etc etc ... but few cards shown. This is perhaps the best argument against the pick. But then again , I'm going to personally figure central defender of Atletico, Godin, and the last game these two teams faced. Godin is a player that always goes to the limit , not to say that goes beyond almost every play. Know very well handle foul play, trying to get to the opponent. In the last game against Barsa , he was seen to distribute "fouls" to Messi all game long , some even near to get the red card. I think today Atletico Madrid 0-0 must defend tooth and nail. The philosophy of this team is high intensity and aggressiveness (many coaches have complained because of this). So today I am sure Diego Simeone set his players more "workers" (Tiago , Gabi , Godin , Miranda) that do not allow Barcelona to play and play , and if they have to resort to aggression to take out opponents players , I think they will do. And in this regard Godin is no 1 of the mattress. For reference the last match between them, the situation of todays match, and the conditions of Godin, 3.0 seems excessiv. Should be around 1.90 or 2.0 Mario Suarez for me the player most likely to take out that card tonight. It is the player who plays in the midfield of At Madrid and will be key for the defensive line to not suffer much. Barsa expected to have very large ball possession , so surely Barsa to play in the middle and there is Mario Suarez. Messi would not surprise me to get back to midfield and colect the ball and there faces Mario Suarez who will stop him (if possible with foul). Displaying statistics Mario Suarez - played 14 league games and has 5 yellow cards. Interestingly enough, Mario Suarez has made a total of 27 fouls in the league, for example when compared to other players see that he made a lots : for ex. Juanfran playing 27 games has made 23 fouls or Godin in 26 games has made 34 fouls. He has played two games against Barca this season, both in the Super Cup , first-leg received a yellow on the return none. Messi in great shape and it is more likely to encounter more than one occasion with Mario Suarez who will be the key to held At Madrid defense safe and out of danger. Another guy to get booked is from the defensive duo, Gabi, playing a key role in the midfield - same as Mario Suarez. Godin get a card? Yes at 3.0 Betsson 6/10 Mario Suarez get a card? Yes at 2.10 Unibet 7/10 Gabi get a card? Yes at 2.30 Unibet 6/10

Do you mean because he sometimes uses defensive tactics?
Because he coaches as he used to play...very very agressive, very defensive, and then he relis on such great strikers...Falcao last year, Diego Costa this year...Atletico gets dominated every single game...i just cant see Simeone being a top coach.

Because he coaches as he used to play...very very agressive' date=' very defensive, and then he relis on such great strikers...Falcao last year, Diego Costa this year...Atletico gets dominated every single game...i just cant see Simeone being a top coach.[/quote'] There's no way you can deny that Simeone isn't a fantastic coach. Just look at the resources at his disposal and you have to wonder how Atletico are top of La Liga and managed to win the Copa del Rey last season. His transfer record is brilliant as well and just look at how he's managed to get the best out of players like Tiago who looked well past it over 5 years ago not to mention Costa who he has turned from an average striker to one of the world's best. Atletico don't play an expansive possession game but they still create a ton of chances through not only their intense pressing game but through technical players such as Turan, Koke and Diego which is good to watch for me. Another thing to consider is the mess Atletico were before Simeone took charge sitting in the bottom half of La Liga.

Because he coaches as he used to play...very very agressive' date=' very defensive, and then he relis on such great strikers...Falcao last year, Diego Costa this year...Atletico gets dominated every single game...i just cant see Simeone being a top coach.[/quote'] i couldn't disagree more with everything you wrote in this topic regarding Atlético. I am suspecting that you are heavily biased against Atlético (or Simeone) in some way. Am I right?

i couldn't disagree more with everything you wrote in this topic regarding Atlético. I am suspecting that you are heavily biased against Atlético (or Simeone) in some way. Am I right?
Yes, indeed...i dont like Atlético, i dont like Simeone...but that doesn´t mean im biased...by the way, i made a nice profit this year with Atlético...but today i just couldn´t see them getting anything out of the game...well, i was wrong. But this doesn´t change the fact that i dont like them...they had tremendous luck by drawing the match..but this is football..things happen.

There's no way you can deny that Simeone isn't a fantastic coach. Just look at the resources at his disposal and you have to wonder how Atletico are top of La Liga and managed to win the Copa del Rey last season. His transfer record is brilliant as well and just look at how he's managed to get the best out of players like Tiago who looked well past it over 5 years ago not to mention Costa who he has turned from an average striker to one of the world's best. Atletico don't play an expansive possession game but they still create a ton of chances through not only their intense pressing game but through technical players such as Turan' date=' Koke and Diego which is good to watch for me. Another thing to consider is the mess Atletico were before Simeone took charge sitting in the bottom half of La Liga.[/quote'] I agree that Koke, Turan and Diego are great players to see...also Gabi, Garcia, Mario Suarez...i give Simeone the credit for putting the team together..but that´s it...story ends there. I admire Simeone for the confidence and the mentality of sacrifice he brought to the team...the team is agressive, they are amazing defending...but that´s it...like i said before, he relies on a great striker: Diego Costa and last year was Falcao. The match today was proof of that..Diego Costa got injured and since then Atletico had one two shoots on goal... How can you explain that Atlético is 9th in table of ball possession in La Liga? Teams like Granada and Celta de Vigo have more possession than Atlético...weird hein? About the Champions League? In 32 teams there are only 5!!!! worst than Atlético, Austria Vien, CSKA, Celtic, Plzen and Copenhagen...weird hein?? Well, im not making this up...these are the real stats. Porto, in the worst season of the last 6-7 years dominated them in both matches...Zenit in Russia dominated them...Milan also... I respect coaches that gets the best of their teams, coaches that when they need to defend, they defend...but Simeone always aproaches the match defensively, being against Barça or Almeria...and that´s why i think he´ll never be a top coach... We have examples like these all over the world, coaches that like to play "the poor guy"...they make tremendous work in mid table teams, but then when they have a shot at a team that plays for titles, they screw up...that´s what will happen to Simeone..unless he changes his style of play... Anyway...congrats on your bets and keep profiting! Cheers mates