** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

South Africa vs Australia - T20 Series

kevshat

After an epic Test series the attention turns to the shortest form of the game for South Africa and Australia as they play three T20 matches to prepare for the upcoming World T20. All three matches are live on Sky in the UK and if they are as good as the Tests they'll be well worth watching. First game is on Sunday. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Sun Mar 9 (20 ovs) 12:30 GMT | 14:30 local 12:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - South Africa v Australia St George's Park, Port Elizabeth [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 11.png 16 - 21° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Mar 12 (20 ovs) 16:00 GMT | 18:00 local 16:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - South Africa v Australia Kingsmead, Durban [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Mar 14 (20 ovs) 16:00 GMT | 18:00 local 16:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd T20I - South Africa v Australia SuperSport Park, Centurion [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: South Africa vs Australia - T20 Series Series preview: 4pts Australia to win T20 Series 4/5 Ladbrokes Australia are a touch short at odds on for this series but I do think they will win it so I’m prepared to let that go and take them anyway. Their batting line up is the best in the world in this format of the game and I think that can see them home over the three matches. It will be interesting to see how South Africa go about their innings because they are packed with sloggers rather than out and out batsmen, Amla and AB apart. Australia for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-australia-t20-series-betting-australia-can-prepare-for-bangladesh-with-series-win

Re: South Africa vs Australia - T20 Series Top SA Series Bat preview: 2pts Q.de Kock Top South Africa Series Batsman 7/2 Ladbrokes Quinton de Kock should play all three matches because he is the wicket keeper for this side and by opening the batting he’ll get first use of the new ball and the fielding restrictions. He’ll have maximum time to bat in the series and he might catch Australia a touch cold because they won’t have seen much of him before. At 7/2 he looks the best value in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-australia-t20-series-betting-quinton-de-kock-can-top-sa-s-run-charts

Re: South Africa vs Australia - T20 Series South Africa flatter to deceive in this format of the game. They always look so good on paper, and fail to deliver when it counts. The SA approach to 20-20 is completely out of sync with modern thinking. They want to play Amla or (in the past Kallis) as a batter keeping one end up, and rotating the strike to the hitters. In addition, they have a 20-20 team filled with ticklers, who will turn the scoreboard over, but cannot BIG-IMPACT the game. The right approach is to have 8 batters that can attack you throughout the innings. One thing that they are thinking of changing is the batting line-ups/order. There is a definite plan to get the BIG boys (de Villiers, Miller, A Morkel) in earlier. 2 bet types I like in this series. Opening 6 overs I think Australia will win all 3 of the highest 6 over contests in this series. Their opening batsman have too much power, and the back-yourself never surrender attitude works wonders in this format. Best SA bowler I really fancy Bueran Hendricks to be the best SA bowler. After getting an IPL contract, and been called up to the SA squad his attitude was... IPL contract is great but being called up to the SA T20 squad has been what I dreamed off as a kid. He took 28 wickets in the domestic RAM-SLAM and the next best bowler just 16. Youth, confidence and form makes him a decent bet at 4-1 bet365

Re: South Africa vs Australia - T20 Series 2nd T20 preview: 4pts Australia to win 2nd T20 4/5 Ladbrokes I think Australia’s powerful batting line up will get the job done here. James Faulkner missed the T20s against England but he is back as part of a strong looking bowling attack and with power from 1-11 with the bat Australia look well suited to this format of the game regardless of the conditions. South Africa are still tinkering and don’t completely know their best 11. That’s not good this close to a major tournament so I’ll go with the more settled Aussies here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-australia-2nd-t20-betting-settled-australians-can-be-too-strong-in-durban

Re: South Africa vs Australia - T20 Series 3rd T20 preview: 4pts Australia to win 3rd T20 8/11 Betfred I think Australia are pretty dominant in this format at the minute and I see no reason why we should be opposing them now. South Africa are a work in progress in this format of the game and that progress is pretty slow it has to be said. Australia look full of confidence right now and I expect them to warm up for the World T20 with another win in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-australia-3rd-t20-betting-australia-can-clinch-the-series-in-centurion