BBOTD Wednesday 26th February

Lodge

3.30 - Bangor - Monetary Fund 1pt @ 3/1 BetVictor I was keen on Monetary Fund last time and although he fell, he was still going well and tomorrows race represents a much easier task than he has been used to. He’s been competing some of the most competitive 3m handicaps this season so this class 3, 6 runner race must represent a good opportunity to the 8yo. On the best of his form he looks well in off a mark of 127, having beaten by a head in a better race last year off a mark of 130. He hasn’t won for a while but while Venetia Williams can do no wrong i think he’s worth a bet despite the relatively short price. He’s been well backed in his most recent starts and i expect this to be the case tomorrow too.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 26th February Kempton 6.20 - Sole Danser 20/1 William Hill EW BOG I would be lying if I said I was hugely confident about backing this horse because its one of those that will either run right up to his best form or finish dead last although I am hoping its the former! If he does run to his best after this lay off he has to be of huge interest in this largely moderate affair. On my ratings he is a few lb clear of the field and its interesting that last year he bounced right back to form on the AW after a shorter lay off. There are a couple of progressive sorts (Dutiful Son could be miles ahead of his mark & Daring Dragon is probably capable of more) and that is why I will go EW. As I mention, he may have his problems now but he is still only a 6yo and he does have conditions to suit tomorrow so if he is right, he shouldnt be too far away.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.