Dutch Darts Masters - 14-16 Feb

kevshat

The second European Tour event of the year takes place in Holland this weekend. Like the first one a fortnight ago the whole of this tournament is going to be streamed free on the PDC's YouTube channel which should make for some good betting potential. Draw, format and schedule here: http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/1iqtwwpu12n8k18g1eugvc0ntx/title/dutch-darts-masters-netzone

Re: Dutch Darts Masters - 14-16 Feb Tournament preview: 1pt ew K.Huybrechts to win Dutch Darts Masters 25/1 Paddy Power (1/2 1-2) One man I fancy to go well this weekend is the Belgian Kim Huybrechts. Huybrechts has started the year solidly without having that special tournament but that could well come this weekend. The seeds in his quarter are Part, Dolan and Nicholson and he has nothing to fear there so if he can show the form which got him to a couple of quarter finals in Wigan last week then he could well go even further in this tournament and land a lucrative European Tour title come Sunday evening. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dutch-darts-masters-betting-kim-huybrechts-can-be-the-master-in-holland

Re: Dutch Darts Masters - 14-16 Feb Friday preview: 4pts D.Pallett to beat S.Maish 3/4 Bwin I like Pallett in this match. Steve Maish is nothing special and plods on generally at the one pace whereas Pallett clearly scores heavily and that should buy him a few more chances at the double. He will be playing with confidence and generally when you’re a confident person you attack the doubles and that is the way to win in this game. I think the youngster can set up a clash with the world champion by winning this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maish-vs-pallett-betting-dave-pallett-can-see-off-maish-in-dutch-opener

Re: Dutch Darts Masters - 14-16 Feb Second Friday preview: 4pts J.Cullen to beat P.Hudson 8/11 Ladbrokes Peter Hudson is capable on his day but these two have met twice and Cullen has won on both occasions and I like him to win here too. He is a heavy scorer and more reliable on his doubles and that is a crucial combination in these best of 11 leg matches. Cullen needs a big year to do his talent justice and that can begin with a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hudson-vs-cullen-betting-joe-cullen-can-set-up-john-part-clash

Re: Dutch Darts Masters - 14-16 Feb Jamie Caven to win 40/1 most bookies It’s not very often you get such disparity in a draw. The second quarter is totally lacking in big guns. I can completely see why Kev tipped up Huybrechts: the only seeded players in his quarter are Part, Dolan and Nicholson. The unseeded players are nothing to write home about either with perhaps Ronny Huybrechts and Joe Cullen the best of the bad bunch. So it’s a great opportunity for someone to grab a semi final place. By contrast Caven’s quarter is loaded with talent; with the likes of White, Wright and Anderson lurking. I’m willing to take a chance on him though at the odds because he looks like he’s got a really good tournament in him. His results are nothing spectacular but he just strikes me as a player on the up. With most players you know what you are gonna get; but when I see Caven play he looks like there’s a quality player in him trying to get out. If he brings his A game he can definitely trouble the best in the business. He might not win on this occasion but sooner or later he’s gonna make his mark. I just hope this is the occasions.

Re: Dutch Darts Masters - 14-16 Feb Kevin Thomas to beat Steve Beaton 2/1 Boylesport The Welshman was very impressive in the first round beating Wayne Jones 6-1. Admittedly Jones isn’t the hardest opponent to defeat but he did so with comparative ease. Beaton is one of the smoothest, most natural players in the game but is quite erratic. Sometimes he can look like a world beater and other times look decisively average. With the form Thomas is in Beaton would have to be at his very best to beat him and I’m willing to bet that he doesn’t. Cullen to beat Part 11/10 Skybet Can’t be having Part at odds on in this. I wouldn’t trust Part to find his way out off a phone box at the moment. He is still capable of moments of magic but more often than not its merely mediocre scoring and poor finishing. Cullen was solid in the opening round against Hudson generally scoring and finishing well. A similar performance should be good enough to beat Part who surely can’t be far away from retiring and concentrating full time on commentating..

Re: Dutch Darts Masters - 14-16 Feb Saturday previews: 4pts J.Cullen to beat J.Part 23/20 Boylesports I like Cullen in this match. I think we saw in the first European Tour event of the season that the new format sets up well for shocks in this round or at least the qualifiers being a lot closer to the seeds than they might be if both players had played matches the day before. Cullen’s win should have given him confidence and with Part blowing hot and cold at the minute if the Yorkie catches the former world champion on a cold day this could be his for the taking. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/part-vs-cullen-betting-joe-cullen-can-use-momentum-to-his-advantage-against-part 4pts R.Huybrechts to beat B.Dolan 6/4 Boylesports Ronny Huybrechts may well be inspired by his brother this weekend. Kim is the defending champion in this tournament and so his brother may feel there is something about this place which brought out the best in him on Friday night. Brendan Dolan still isn’t one of those seeds you can rely on despite a solid 2013 and if Ronny repeats the level of performance he showed on Friday then I think this could be his for the taking. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dolan-vs-r-huybrechts-betting-ronny-huybrechts-can-upset-dolan-in-holland