cheltenham chat thread 2014

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2014 Has to be Bob's Worth for me as I have backed this horse little by little ever since he won last year. Other than him I am looking forward to seeing if Big Bucks can come back to his best and I want to see how good Annie Power really is.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2014 Noticed a lot over the past few years. How a lot of people use trends to find winners, some with great success. But, will they hold up this year? Wettest winter in history, majority of the trials run on bottomless ground both here and Ireland, and now, the ground seems to be getting quicker by the day. Personally, I'd be looking towards fresher horses.

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2014 Bit early to say with conviction, but both Nicholls runners, dodging bullets and Irving don't seem to have run their race, both prepped on bad ground. That ground must be verging on gd/fm looking at the times, unless the races aren't being run over their correct distance.

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2014 Unless they water to deaden the ground i can see many horses not even getting into the race. all part of racing really, looked like there was something up with Irving but seems he ran on well in the closing stages so obviously outpaced on the faster ground, thought Dodging Bullets ran a great race personally. bit deliberate at the fences but no mistakes. backed it my self.