Financial Markets

Hi - already got a Stocks and Share ISA and have some more money to invest. Was speaking to one of the management in my the bank the other day and he was telling me about a strategy he uses for his investments (it wasn't financial advice as he's not paid to do that). Basically, he would see how much his shares were worth and compare them to what they were previously. If they were at a high, he would reduce the monthly amount he would invest. If they were low, he would increase them or make a lump sum payment. Pretty standard and simple stuff (why I never thought of that I don't know!). Looking at my shares now they are the highest they've been since I opened the account 5 years ago. Was wondering though if it's worth waiting that bit longer or cutting my monthly investment now and reviewing in the next 2 to 3 months. I'm not looking for financial advice as such - was just wondering what everyone else's opinion is and if anyone else uses this strategy (PS sorry that this is one paragraph - for some unknown reason, the web the forum won't let me use my enter key....) Thanks