** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb

kevshat

The first in the new series of BDO major events kicks off in Blackpool on Thursday and runs until Sunday. The whole event is live on Eurosport and features most of the players in the recent World Championship. Mens draw here: http://www.bdodarts.com/uploads/diary/0/World%20Trophy/World%20Trophy%20Mens%20Draw%202014.pdf Womens draw here: http://www.bdodarts.com/uploads/diary/0/World%20Trophy/World%20Trophy%20Womens%20Draw%202014.pdf Schedule/Format here: http://www.bdoevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/14-01-19-mens-Event-format.pdf / http://www.bdoevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/14-01-19-Womens-Event-format.pdf

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb Tournament preview: 2pts ew A.Norris to win BDO World Trophy 10/1 Betfred (1/2 1-2) Alan Norris looked fantastic in the World Championship and if he brings that game with him to Blackpool then he is going to have every chance this weekend. Norris scored very well but the two big things which caught my eye for this tournament was a) how well he finished and b) how well he started matches. The early rounds of this tournament are quite short so fast starts are helpful. With his scoring and finishing power and the fact he’s been installed where the number one seed would have been in the draw he has a good chance this weekend. 0.5pts ew S.Mitchell to win BDO World Trophy 50/1 Bet365 (1/2 1-2) Scott Mitchell has never pulled up any trees on the Lakeside stage but he actually played well there this year and on another night he would have taken out James Wilson in the second round. Since the Lakeside he has won the Romanian Open and won the Dutch Open pairs alongside Richie George so his confidence is likely to be sky high at the minute and given that he’s fairly prolific in the latter stages of the opens on the BDO circuit Scotty Dog could be worth supporting this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bdo-world-trophy-betting-alan-norris-can-go-one-better-than-he-did-at-lakeside

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb Thursday previews: 4pts A.Norris (-3.5 legs) to beat A.Fordham 4/6 Coral It is good that Andy Fordham is back in the game but I don’t expect him to do too much here. Although he’s probably better facing Alan Norris than Stephen Bunting who he was originally slated to play I still don’t think he’ll have much joy and I would expect the world finalist to come through this without any difficulties. Norris has no weakness to his game so his heavier scoring should get him to the finish quick enough to cover a -3.5 leg handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/norris-vs-fordham-betting-fordham-s-return-to-the-big-time-likely-to-be-short-lived 4pts R.Montgomery (-2.5 legs) to beat M.Day 8/11 Marathon If this was at the Lakeside you’d probably run a million miles from a bet on Ross Montgomery but it isn’t and I think we can be safe enough with a bet on him here. Day is a very limited opponent and Montgomery showed how well he can play this game in the Dutch Open at the weekend even if neither he nor the referee could count right in the final! To come through a field of that quality should have given The Boss a lot of confidence and he should have few problems here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montgomery-vs-day-betting-montgomery-should-enjoy-playing-away-from-lakeside

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb Wilson outright winner 10/3 Skybet With Bunting gone; Wilson is now the man to beat. He has been steadily improving which culminated with his Zuiderzuin Masters win. He played well in the world champ's but was unlucky to run into an inspired Norris. Despite losing that match he still averaged an impressive 99. He looks a class above most of these and this could be the first of many titles this year.

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb Friday previews: 3pts J.Wilson (-3.5 legs) to beat R.George 9/10 Boylesports I can’t see anything beyond a James Wilson win here. The question has to be how big will the win be? If he is on form like he was in the early stages in the World Championship then I don’t really see George winning more than a couple of legs. Wilson should dominate most legs in this match and while George will have the off inspirational six darts here and there Wilson’s consistency should be too much for the youngster. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wilson-vs-george-betting-james-wilson-should-be-too-strong-for-richie-rich 3pts G.Durrant vs D.Prins - Over 9.5 legs 11/8 Skybet These two look fairly evenly matched and I think it could be the closest match of the night. They both score well and you wouldn’t say either are watertight on their doubles so I wouldn’t be surprised if we need all 11 legs to separate them. I certainly think there is mileage in taking over 9.5 legs in this match because as I say I expect it to be close throughout and the 11/8 is a perfectly fair price too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/durrant-vs-prins-betting-north-east-duo-can-go-all-the-way-in-blackpool

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb 5pts J.Wilson Most 180s v R.George 5/6 Skybet Much like Kev I really fancy Wilson to come through this quite easily and hit quite a few maximums in the process. During the worlds he was on fire with some very heavy scoring and eventually got put out by Norris even though he outscored him. Richie George knows where the lipstick is as well but he's not on the same level as James Wilson so I can only see one winner here.

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb

5pts J.Wilson Most 180s v R.George 5/6 Skybet Much like Kev I really fancy Wilson to come through this quite easily and hit quite a few maximums in the process. During the worlds he was on fire with some very heavy scoring and eventually got put out by Norris even though he outscored him. Richie George knows where the lipstick is as well but he's not on the same level as James Wilson so I can only see one winner here.
1-1 :$

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb Saturday preview: 4pts R.Montgomery (-1.5 legs) to beat R.van Eijden 4/5 Boylesports If Montgomery plays like he did in Holland last week and his first round here then this should be a fairly comfortable win for him. Eventually van Eijden got going against Harms but he should’ve been knocked out even allowing for all the gamesmanship and antics which became a part of that match. If van Eijden takes six legs to get going here he’ll certainly be a goner and even if he doesn’t I feel Montgomery will be too good and can win this with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montgomery-vs-van-eijden-betting-montgomery-should-have-too-much-for-the-dutchman

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb Dekker to beat Adams 11/10 bet365 I can't have Adams as favourite here. I can't believe that the bookies are pricing Adams up on his past reputation but there does seem an element of that. At the world champs he was lucky in that he met a woeful O'Shea in the first round and Montgomery in the second who couldn't have hit a double if it was the size of a bucket. In the third round though he was comfortably beaten by Dekker and I don't see any reason why that should be different today. In my opinion Dekker is the better player and should be favourite.

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb 4pts A.Norris v J.Williams Over 4.5 180s Evens Skybet Alan Norris is rightly the favourite in this one with his powerful scoring but I can see Jim Williams taking a few legs off of him so can see there being plenty of legs to get 5 180s. Norris in the 1st round hit 3 in 8 legs in the match against Fordham. I think if he was up against a better player he could have lifted his game even more which would more than likely resulted in more 180s. WIlliams put out the highly fancied Scott Waites in the 1st round and hit 2 of his own although that was over 11 legs. I can see this going at least 10 legs and with that I fancy them to cover the line set. Norris on his own could easily hit 5.

4pts A.Norris v J.Williams Over 4.5 180s Evens Skybet Alan Norris is rightly the favourite in this one with his powerful scoring but I can see Jim Williams taking a few legs off of him so can see there being plenty of legs to get 5 180s. Norris in the 1st round hit 3 in 8 legs in the match against Fordham. I think if he was up against a better player he could have lifted his game even more which would more than likely resulted in more 180s. WIlliams put out the highly fancied Scott Waites in the 1st round and hit 2 of his own although that was over 11 legs. I can see this going at least 10 legs and with that I fancy them to cover the line set. Norris on his own could easily hit 5.
0 180's.....yes ZERO 180's :eyes

Re: BDO Darts Trophy - 6-9 Feb 4pts A.Norris v G.Robson Over 15.5 legs 8/11 Skybet Alan Norris is the odds on favourite, mainly down to his run in the worlds. He hasn't been performing as highly in this tournament though but has still got through the first 2 rounds with relative ease. Gary Robson has been going along steadily and although I can't see him winning this battle I can see him making it tough for Norris so fancy it to go at least 16 legs. The head to heads reads 2-1 to Robson as well so Norris doesn't get all his own way when these 2 meet.

Wilson outright winner 10/3 Skybet With Bunting gone; Wilson is now the man to beat. He has been steadily improving which culminated with his Zuiderzuin Masters win. He played well in the world champ's but was unlucky to run into an inspired Norris. Despite losing that match he still averaged an impressive 99. He looks a class above most of these and this could be the first of many titles this year.
Good shout Tadley :clap