** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Snooker Shootout: 24-26 Jan

RussP

The annual Sky appearance of RussP! Keep a look out as I'm there tomorrow night & all day Saturday :ok As a bit of interest, I'll take 4 outsiders in this 1 frame shootout, essentially it's a lottery but I get one into the semi finals, that's profit! Forget recent form, it's all about the players ability to handle the arena, the crowd and be able to play quick, pot a few balls without being too maverick. That leads me to back.... A.Higginson to win Shootout, 1pt EW @ 66/1 BetVictor (1/4 odds 1-4) I think Higginson has all the attributes to win here. He can certainly pot but has a decent safety game too & has a nice first round draw in Tian Pengfei. Beyond Rd 1, it's a random draw so no advantage to be gained there. Made the last 8 12 months ago, losing to eventual winner Gould and has played here all 3 years so knows what to expect. Decent price & could go well. J.Lisowski to win Shootout, 1pt EW @ 50/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 odds 1-4) Young lad, exciting prospect & this atmosphere will not faze him. Takes on Robbie Williams in the first round & let's hope it's Jack who entertains us! Coincidentally, Lisowski beat Williams in the 2nd round last year en route to a 3rd round defeat to Michael Holt, who reached the semis. That was his first try here & he handled it really well so, with experience under his belt, I fancy him to have a decent run. M.White to win Shootout, 1pt EW @ 50/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 odds 1-4) Another young lad with a big future who starts off with a potentially difficult game against Barry Pinches. However, White (along with countryman Jamie Jones) always has a good following and I remember last year they were particularly noisy, something White revelled in. Yet another to reach Rd 3 before losing to previous winner Barry Hawkins & the way he played & then joined his mates for a beer or 2 in the crowd underlined how much he seemed to enjoy it. He treats it in the right manner & that attitude might just see him go deep into the weekend. T.Ford to win Shootout, 1pt EW @ 80/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 odds 1-4) Surprised to see the excellent Tom Ford at 80/1. His game is well suited to the Shootout & he starts off against Mike Dunn, a player he should "out-pot". Had a nightmare 1st round draw last year, facing pre event fav Mark Allen, but reached the semis in 2012. He's been there all 3 years & in 2011, he beat Maguire 84-0 in the opening round. Needs luck with the draw, as do they all, but he's capable of beating anyone & the price looks too big.

Re: Snooker Shootout: 24-26 Jan Tournament preview: 2pts ew S.Maguire to win Snooker Shootout 20/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) Stephen Maguire is in excellent form at the minute. He made the semi final of The Masters last week but ran into an O’Sullivan that nobody was going to stop in the last four there. Since then he’s been to Crondon Park and won a Championship League group thrashing Neil Robertson in the final so he’s playing some good stuff. Maguire is at his best when he’s on the front foot and being aggressive. He loves to get the balls open and score heavily and nearly always plays the right shot. He can get in from distance which is essential so he looks the pick of the favourites to me. 1pt ew X.Guodong to win Snooker Shootout 40/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Another player who has gone well this season is Xiao Guodong and he scores heavily enough to be a big player here. Anyone who wears sparkling silver shoes and a bright silver suit to ranking events must like the limelight so we’ve no worries about him melting in the atmosphere. He is a good long potter who is better in the balls than he is playing safety so this format should suit him. If he gets a bit of luck with the draw it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s still around on Sunday night. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/snooker-shootout-betting-stephen-maguire-looks-the-pick-of-the-field-in-blackpool

Re: Snooker Shootout: 24-26 Jan Outsiders preview: 1pt ew M.Gould to win Snooker Shootout 50/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) It is difficult to look past the defending champion Martin Gould here. He has a good record in this tournament. He won it last year and made an amazing 135 break in it the year before. He is one of the best potters in the game and that 135 showed when he’s in he can dish up even in this format so when you have that ability on your side you have to be considered a danger. How he is 50/1 in this tournament, a tournament he clearly likes in surroundings which bring the best out of him, I’ve no idea but have the 2013 champ on your side this weekend. 1pt ew R.Milkins to win Snooker Shootout 66/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1-4) Robert Milkins made the final of this tournament the first year it was run and he’s playing even better snooker now than he was then. You could make a case for this tournament being perfect for Milkins. He sees a shot and plays it which is exactly what you have to do in this format. Not only does he see it and play it but he often gets it too and that’s perfect. He is a very heavy scorer when he’s in but he’s not daft he can manage frames too. He took out O’Sullivan in this in 2011 which shows his pedigree and given he’s playing his best snooker these days Milkins has all the tools to give us a big run at 66/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/snooker-shootout-betting-martin-gould-and-robert-milkins-are-two-outsiders-who-can-go-well

Re: Snooker Shootout: 24-26 Jan

Have you got front row tickets again mate?;)
4 rows back. B@stards had front 2 rows reserved for VIP's!! Don't they know who I am? Anyway, back there day & night tomorrow. Will try & get a bit closer!! Great night, esp when the new ref completed fcuked up in the Dave Harold match. Michaela was going mental....heard he got a rather large bollocking after he finished.

Re: Snooker Shootout: 24-26 Jan Bookies seem to be pricing up today's matches based on reputation rather than performance so far here. The best players I've seen this week would be Thep Ul-Nooh, Alan McManus, Dominic Dale & Alfie Burden. I won't be taking the last one as I have todays opponent outright but I'm going to have a dabble on the other. Thep is a terrific potter and, provided it's not a safety game, he is going to be difficult to beat. Mark Davis hasn't done anything special so the odds on Thep look good to me. Ul Nooh @ 6/5 Paddy Power I never thought I'd complement Alan McManus in a speed event but he really could this year's Nigel Bond. Has the right balance & isn't taking undue risks. Safety is excellent so he's often getting chances and, when he's in, he's getting 20 or 30 ahead before playing safe again. Well capable of beating Matt Stevens in this form. McManus @ 6/5 BetVictor The Spaceman, with his bleached blonde hair, is loving the week. Openly admits to loving the Shootout & entertaining the crowd, he's been potting well & taking his chances. Mark Allen is probably the toughest opponent he could have drawn but, with the crowd on Dale's side, he is too big a price to prevail here. Dale @ 11/8 BetVictor