Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th

Aidymac

Re: Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th One player stands out as superb value in my opinion this week and I am going to have faith in him, Andy Sullivan. Yet to win, but he finished T19 in Abu Dhabi last weekend and in weeks gone by finishes T12 & T14 in South Africa. He finished T9 in this tournament last year with a score of -11, so the bookies are under-estimating him IMO. His stroke average in 2012 was 71.75, in 2013 was 71.23 and this year so far is 70.50 so it shows how well he is playing. He has also been brilliant from the bunker the last few tournaments where he has an 85% sand save rate in 2014. Andy Sullivan Outright - 1 Point each-way @ 150/1 Bet365 Andy Sullivan 1st Round Leader - 1 Point each way @ 150/1 Betfred Andy Sullivan Top 10 Finish - 1 Point @ 12/1 Betfred Andy Sullivan Top 20 Finish - 2 Points @ 5/1 Stan James Good luck folks. :ok

One player stands out as superb value in my opinion this week and I am going to have faith in him, Andy Sullivan. Yet to win, but he finished T19 in Abu Dhabi last weekend and in weeks gone by finishes T12 & T14 in South Africa. He finished T9 in this tournament last year with a score of -11, so the bookies are under-estimating him IMO. His stroke average in 2012 was 71.75, in 2013 was 71.23 and this year so far is 70.50 so it shows how well he is playing. He has also been brilliant from the bunker the last few tournaments where he has an 85% sand save rate in 2014. Andy Sullivan Outright - 1 Point each-way @ 150/1 Bet365 Andy Sullivan 1st Round Leader - 1 Point each way @ 150/1 Betfred Andy Sullivan Top 10 Finish - 1 Point @ 12/1 Betfred Andy Sullivan Top 20 Finish - 2 Points @ 5/1 Stan James Good luck folks. :ok
Agree with this wholeheartedly aidy, took some 170 on betfair earlier myself. Best of luck!! Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Re: Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th Tournament preview: 1pt ew R.Karlsson to win Qatar Masters 33/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-5) There are a lot of big names in the field this week but I’m going to go with a former champion who has slipped off the radar a little bit in the form of Robert Karlsson. Karlsson won this tournament back in 2010 (and has two other top 10 finishes here) but his career has gone downhill with injuries and an unsuccessful stint in America since then but he’s now back in Europe and seems to be playing well. He finished in the top 10 in Abu Dhabi last week and was in the top 15 of all the tee to green statistics which shows he is making progress and given that we know any wind won’t be a detriment to him I think the big Swede, no doubt inspired by Henrik Stenson’s revival in recent times, can land another Qatar title this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qatar-masters-betting-robert-karlsson-can-repeat-his-2010-win-out-in-qatar

Re: Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th Top Spaniard preview: 1pt ew A.Quiros Top Spaniard 7/1 BetVictor (1/5 1-3) Alvaro Quiros has a good record on this golf course having won here in 2009 and he was runner up in the two years that followed that too. Injuries have hampered him for much of the last two years but he is back playing regularly now and just needs that big week for a major breakthrough again and if it is going to come then it will probably come on a course that holds good memories. The big hitting Spaniard has lost none of his length or his confidence so a return to form is very much a possibility this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qatar-masters-betting-alvaro-quiros-can-use-past-memories-to-bring-out-his-best-form-this-week

Re: Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th Top ROW preview: 1pt ew G.Coetzee Top Rest of the World Player 8/1 Stan James (1/4 1-4) George Coetzee is my idea of the top Rest of the World player this week. He has the length to tame this golf course and had a good start to the Desert Swing with a top five finish in Abu Dhabi last week which shows he is hitting the ball nicely. Funnily enough that course may have been too short for him but this is perfect. He was second here last year and I expect another strong showing from the South African this year too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qatar-masters-betting-george-coetzee-can-follow-up-a-good-week-in-abu-dhabi-with-another-in-doha

Re: Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th This is one hell of a tough puzzle to solve so I adopted a similar strategy to last week, splitting my 20pts across 5 players. It may seem a lot but I'm working on the principle that if 1 gets in the mix, I'll return my stake. If they go on to win or more than 1 place, I'm well in profit. I'm not sure there's any value in the market leaders so I'm heading a bit further down the market for my bets. M.Siem top 10 finish, 2pts @ 8/1 BetVictor M.Siem to win Qatar Masters, 1pt EW @ 90/1 Skybet (1/4 odds 1-5) There are a number of key components to look for this week. Firstly, a WR inside the top 150 is crucial in these better class events; the first tick in the box. At Doha, driving distance is the key stat so the fact the German ranks pretty high is another positive. GIR is usually considered important but I think with the wind expected to be at a minimum (unusual here), there's probably less emphasis on this stat & more on ability with the short stick. That said, he's pretty consistent across the board, has made the cut here on his last 7 starts (his best finish being 12th) & his game is in decent shape currently. With a longer priced winner not uncommon here, he represents decent value. R.Cabrera-Bello to win Qatar Masters, 2pts EW @ 35/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) Again, he drives it a fair distance without being the longest but has plenty of form to recommend him here. Loves the Desert, his iron play is in great shape (an advantage on the tough par 3's) & comes here off the back of a confidence-boosting 4th last week where he ranked inside the top 12 for GIR, putting & driving distance. A repeat of that will see the popular Spaniard go very close in a slightly easier event (from a quality perspective). Finished 3rd here 3 years back. H.Otto top 10 finish, 2pts @ 10/1 Betfred H.Otto to win Qatar Masters, 1pt EW @ 125/1 Betfred (1/4 odds 1-5) Otto looks a shade too big here. Has been excellent lately on the greens whilst his tee to green form has been none too shabby either. Missed the cut here last year but does have a recent 12th finish so he's no stranger to a good week on this track. 19th last week on a tougher course & the easier track (more birdie opps) suits this putter-friendly South African. Not an obvious choice but top 26 finishes on each of his last 7 starts, including 3 top 10's, will do for me. S.Gallacher to win Qatar Masters, 2pts EW @ 55/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-5) Stats-wise, it's usually hard to beat Gallacher. Consistently in the top 10 for distance & GIR, underlined by 6th & 3rd respectively in those stats last week, en route to a share of 8th place, underline that. Mixed form here at Doha, but 2 top 10's if you go back far enough, along with a couple more top 20's more recently. Another angle is Doha has links with Gleneagles (JW Champs) & Portugal Masters so course form at those 2 is another positive. 2nd & 3rd respectively is as strong as it gets so Gallacher must have a top chance at a decent price. B.Wiesberger to win Qatar Masters, 2pts EW @ 45/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds 1-5) Bernd is another who has solid all round stats so it is believed his game should be suited to Doha. MC last week was disappointing & has yet to shine here (42nd last year after 2 MC's) but he's making some good noises that he feels he's ready to put in a big performance at a venue he thinks should suit. Last week was his first start since Dubai in November so he should have cleared some of that rustiness. Form at the back end of 2013 was terrific; 2 top 10's in his last 4 starts. Can be a real birdie machine when he gets going so the likely winning score of around -20 isn't beyond him. As per Gallacher, he's the other player with great stats at Gleneagles & in Portugal; 4th & 3rd last year.

Re: Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th Third round previews: 3pts S.Dyson to beat P.Lawrie 11/8 Ladbrokes Although these two are level on seven under going into the third round Simon Dyson is the one hitting the fairways and long term on this golf course that will pay dividends. You can’t keep rescuing scores on the rough around here as eventually you’re going to get a horror lie. Although the putts haven’t dropped for Dyson yet if he keeps finding the fairways he’ll give himself the chances to move up the leaderboard on Friday, seeing off Paul Lawrie in the process. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qatar-masters-betting-simon-dyson-can-prevail-in-his-third-round-two-ball-on-friday 4pts T.Aiken to beat M.Baldwin Evs Bet365 Although Baldwin goes into the third round one ahead of Aiken I like the fact that the South African is hitting the ball well and putting himself in good positions. Eventually if he keeps on doing that he will capitalise on those chances and he could yet be a major player this weekend. Baldwin hasn’t hit the ball well tee to green but his putting has saved him. I’m not sure that can continue all week so I like Aiken in this two ball. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qatar-masters-betting-thomas-aiken-can-come-good-in-his-third-round-two-ball

Re: Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th Both of those at Evs or better look good shouts to me. Fair play to Paul Lawrie for his score but sure bogeys aren't far away with the current state of his wayward driving. As Kev says, Baldwin's putter has been hot but, tee to green, Aiken has looked excellent. Evs looks a decent bet. Good luck mate :ok

Re: Commercialbank Qatar Masters > January 22nd - 25th Great win for Sergio, especially after his start :ok For me personally, a semi-disappointing week. Otto, Siem & Gallacher just didn't get going. They would get a run of birdies but follow it with a run of bogeys. Made the cut but never really dangerous. Wiesberger missed the cut. Cabrera Bello, meanwhile, looked all over the winner at a couple of points, having been 3 clear at one stage. However, could only manage 3rd after making no real inroads over the last 36 holes. Place money landed, 19.5pts returned so a tiny loss of 0.5pts. Satisfactory, I guess :ok Great shout from Kev, bringing home the Top RoW with Coetzee, tied with Aiken I think. Nice one mate :ok