Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion > Wednesday January 29th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.64[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.92[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion > Wednesday January 29th For me the most amazing stat about this game is that every one of the last 15 encounters has ended either as a draw or with a 2-1 scoreline. [h=2]TEAM NEWS[/h] Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor is likely to miss Wednesday's derby against West Brom because of the foot injury he suffered against Liverpool. Loan signing Grant Holt could start, while defender Nathan Baker is available following concussion. West Brom striker Nicolas Anelka is expected to play despite being charged by the Football Association over his 'quenelle' celebration. Gareth McAuley and Goran Popov are available after injury. WBA's new manager Pepe Mel secured a draw with Everton at home last week , his first game in charge. They were outplayed in the first half but he is known as a manager who constantly changes tactics and formation during a game. He changed things around at HT and WBA were much better after the break and scored the goal to get the 1-1 result. The possession stats were 50%:50% with Everton but WBA had more shots 14 to Everton's 13 of which WBA 6 on target , 4 for Everton. West Brom head coach Pepe Mel after the Everton game: "For me it was very good. The first half the team - we were too open but the second half we were compact. "Everton is a team that is very, very strong. Tonight is a difficult match for me and my team. "It's only the first week. I need to work. I need my players but the players are angry. For me, that's important. "I need one more striker. But I have Nicolas Anelka, Matej Vydra, Victor Anichebe - I'm happy." However Aston Villa are a much improved side, losing at home 1-2 to arsenal then following up with a deserved 2-2 draw at Anfield. However their home stats are terrible. See below Aston Villa

• Villa have only earned five points from their last eight matches.
  • They are winless in their last five home games in the Premier League and have the worst home record in the division, managing just eight points and eight goals in 11 fixtures.
  • Eight points is Villa's lowest tally after 11 home matches in 103 top-flight seasons, joint with 1935-36 and 1954-55 (adjusted to three points for a win).
  • They have lost 25 of their last 49 league matches at Villa Park, earning just 46 points in that period (W11, D13, L25).
  • The Villans have won double the amount of points away (16) than they have at home (8) this season.

Conclusion: Given Aston Villa's terrible home form and the positive impact Pepe Mel will have as a new coach I believe it is about time WBA secured their first away win since beating Man Utd 8 league away games ago (Sept 2013). WBA 2/1 with Ladbrokes to win away. or Double chance WBA to win or Draw 1.57

Re: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion > Wednesday January 29th VILLA have the most ridiculous 1st half stats at home. They are so bad, you may as well just show up to watch the 2nd half. They are the WORST 1st half home team in Europe. NO team has fewer 1st half goals and only Kayserispor in Turkey have also not won a 1st half. They have scored just 1 goal in 11 home 1st halves, while Fulham have just 3 in 11 away 1st halves. SO 1st half is not going to have many goals. Villa have drawn 5 of 11 1st halves while WBA have drawn 6 of 11 away 1st halves Second half with these teams anything could happen SO one bet that looks excellent is the HT draw at odds of 2.1 These teams just can't score 1st half goals, just 4 between them in 22 1st halves. The other bet worth considering is the HT/FT DRAW/??? depending on which team you choose. DRAW / VILLA is 6 and DRAW / WBA is 6.5 I think either of those are a better bet than the straight win The more 2nd half goals is poorly priced , and these teams don't do this well

Re: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion > Wednesday January 29th

SO one bet that looks excellent is the HT draw at odds of 2.1 The other bet worth considering is the HT/FT DRAW/??? depending on which team you choose. DRAW / VILLA is 6 and DRAW / WBA is 6.5 I think either of those are a better bet than the straight win The more 2nd half goals is poorly priced , and these teams don't do this well
Typical 0-0 ht draw