Snooker: China Open

Here we go again, but this time without the Rocket who has thrown in a *cough* sick note *cough* . Very convenient after his recent outburst about he was never going anyway because of the poor prize money - yeah you really need £30k don't you Ronnie ?:eyes Anyway..........:cow Here is the wild card round, well there are actually only 3 matches instead of 16, because the bookies are shit scared of pricing them up and with very good reason I might add. :lol Odds from Bet365

To Win Match
China Open 2005 - Ryan Day vs Jin LongBook Closes 27 Mar-11:00
AddRyan Day1.22Bet
AddJin Long4.00Bet
China Open 2005 - Robert Milkins vs Lui SongBook Closes 28 Mar-06:30
AddRobert Milkins1.28Bet
AddLui Song3.50Bet
China Open 2005 - D Junhui vs Mark DavisBook Closes 28 Mar-11:00
AddD Junhui1.40Bet
AddMark Davis2.75Bet
Most of the other wildcard players are quite frankly poor. The majority, bar 1 I believe, do not hold a highest break over 80. The only other good player amongst them is Goa Hua. Not seen his name around since I was playing around 5 years ago, but he was a very good player at that point. He plays Quinten Hann and could easily dispose of him if he still has the talent he had, although I doubt you will get a price. Jin Long looks a bit big to me against the talented but frustrating Ryan Day. Another asian prodigy along with Ding Dong, he is more than capable of beating Day and 4.00 is a bit big. Mark Davis is also too big at 2.75 to beat Ding Dong. Davis is a tough cookie and a player I have always rated, but he has never done himself justice imo. Ding Dong will be bang under pressure with the asian empire behind him - no way is he a 1.40 shot to beat Davis, absolutely no way. I don't know enough about Liu Song to say yes or no. What I do know is that Milkins has a mental hurdle here. Does he fold after losing from 8-5 to get to a ranking final in the last event or does that inspire him to do greater things, time will tell. I personally don't rate him that highly, and he has surprised me, but opinions are there to be shot down in flames. I was wrong about Graeme Dott in a big way, but like to think I get more right than wrong. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.