Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newcastle United v Arsenal (13:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th Newcastle + 0.5 AH 1.95 @ Bet365 - I think the value lies with Newcastle for this game as with the form Newcastle are in at the minute i don't see them losing this game 50% of the time which the odds suggest. Newcastle have been good at home this season with a record of 5 wins 3 draws and 1 loss. Against the big teams this season they have done well at home beating Chelsea 2-0 and drawing 2-2 with Liverpool after playing the second half with ten men. They have also beaten Man Utd and Spurs away already this season winning both games 0-1. Newcastle are in great goalscoring form scoring 3 goals at Palace who have tightened up at the back apart from that game. Then yesterday they put 5 past a normally solid Stoke team, although admittedly playing with 9 men for the entire second half did help. Since defeat against rivals Sunderland back in October, Newcastle have picked up 22 points from a possible 27 which is title winning form and a win here against Arsenal and they should be considered top 4 challengers in my opinion. Arsenal are not in great form despite picking up their first win in 5 games in all competitions yesterday when they won 1-3 at West Ham. However, they made hard work of it with 3 goals in the last 20 minutes to turn it around. Ramsey was injured in that game which is a blow for Arsenal as he has been their standout player this season. For Newcastle, Cheick Tiote is back after suspension and they have no real injury worries to first teamers so will start their strongest XI. Newcastle and Arsenal have similar home and away records respectively. Newcastle have picked up 18 points from a possible 27 at home and Arsenal have picked up 19 points from a possible 27 away aso this should be a close encounter and for me Arsenal are too short at even money as they have not been in convincing form and their best player so far this season is out for this game. Also, in Loic Remy Newcastle have a genuine goalscorer who can hurt Arsenal and they have other quality players in Ben Arfa and Cabaye. St James Park is not an easy place to go this season and Newcastle have performed well against the big teams this season so I fancy this game to end 1-1.

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th I also give the edge to newcastle here due some important factors. 1. Home advantage ; Newcastle are having a great season and they are finally in a top 5 spot. With a win here they are only 3 points behind arsenal which is huge. At their home ground they are almost unstoppable and in almost every game they score 2 or more goals. Only thing that bothers me here is the first 30 minutes against stoke. But I do think this has a lot to do with concentration and motivation factor. Everyone expected them to win sp maybe they took it too lightly. After the red cards it was a done deal ofcourse and they showed a lot of goal threat obviously. I think that newcastle is fired up against top teams, they already showed it this year against chelsea. They are dogs for the bookies, arsenal are having a great season but as always the question is for how long are they gonna keep up this level. They already had their downtrend lately and a win against west ham is not world news. It's normal for top teams but arsenal is feeling a huge amount of pressure this year for the first time cause everyone expects them to keep winning. Newcastle can really hurt them if they perform well. Arsenal's defense will be the same I think cause koscielny could return but I dont know how some players will react due such a heavy schedule. That's my second point! Wenger already complained about it like he always complains about things. Fatigue will play a part and especially for the teams who are playing 2 away games in 3 days. They have to travel a lot and a good training session between these games is hard. I think the home teams such as newcastle will have an advantage here. 3th point is Ramsey ofcourse. This guy is amazing this year. Although he haven't scored in their recent games he is really important in their midfield. His work rate is really high and so are his technicall abilities and passing. Great for Ozil to play with someone in your back. Ofcourse wilshere returns but he is a different kind of midfielder. They already have wallcott cazorla rosicky. I rate ramsey different this year on his position. Scored a lot of goals too which is importan since giroud is struggeling. The return of wallcott was crucial for their team and now podolski is back too. Adds something to their attacking line. I'm not sure wether he will start or not. For my bet it better that Giroud starts cause I dont rate him as a deadly striker. Tiote returns for Newcastle which is a boost ofcourse. I think we can expect a agressive home side and the first half will be important. If they can find the net first I see arsenal struggeling here. Pardew already stated that the stadium will be thrilled for this game and the atmosphere will be hostile. H2H favors arsenal ofcourse and that's the only thing that bothers me the most. But this newcastle side is different now and after their 5-1 win I expect a strong performance. Any team can score a goal against Newcastle unfortunately so I do fancy arsenal to find the net here. Like they always do. But I also have no doubts newcastle will score a goal or more. Setpieces are always dangerous when you play against Arsenal. They always concede goals away from home against the better sides. Newcastle has enough quality on the pitch and pace to cause some damage. They will keep it tight and hunt arsenal's players down to disrupt their possesion play. I already wrote it earlier, I really like Arsenal and how they play but there is something about their team what gives you doubts. Not deadly enough and especially their struggles against top teams. but the most important thing is that they dont have a player who can win games on his own. when they are having a hard time, u need a miracle to suddenly score a goal out of the blue and get the pressure of your team but Henry and van persie are gone. Anyways, I really hope they will be champions sooner or later but for this fixture I'm going with the home team. Can't see this one end under 2.5 goals both sides will want to win. It's a tight race up there and especially Arsenal can't loose more points this year. I'm going with medium/high stakes on Newcastle +0.5! Medium stakes on the over 2.5 goals and small stakes on over 3.5 goals. Smal stakes on the home win aswell and 1 point on the correct score 2-2. Goodluck all

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th This should be a spectacular game, I like a Lot home team, since times of Shearer...for me Arsenal is going down in fitness, and Tomorrow this can come up, even if it is so hard to understand how fitness will cope for both teams, with games coming faster... The midfield of home team with Tiote back is very strong, and i can see problems here for Ozil and Co.

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th Worth noting Pardew specifically sets the team up to sit deep and counter against the top teams, i expect Arsenal will have alot of the ball but not creating much whilst Newcastle will have some good chances on the counter with the pace and quality attackers they have. Praying Pardew starts Ben Arfa.

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th newcastle - arsenal all ways turns out to be "funny" fixture and all ways hard to call... just 7 months ago - 2/3 changes on both sides, the same teams finished 1 - 0 then arsenal needed to win and newcastle was fired up by media and pardew, and players were up for it... it`s hard to tell what changes wenger will make here, as he can do just 1 or even 4 ..... newcastle is in great form, kind of - they are inconsistent. koschelny might be back and arsenal defense is twice more stable than last year, as well as newcastle seems don`t get much results vs possession teams... just of late, - saints and swansea. seems it`s pretty much who will score first... arsenal didn`t score only twice this season, at old trafford and against maurinho... whereas newcastle has only 2 clean sheets at a likes of fulham and westahm ( two worst attacking teams this season), don`t see newcastle keeping arsenal for long. i am not gonna guess winners here... i`ll play my own "goal galore" :D over 2.5 @ 1.66 - 10 % ofmbf over 3.5 @ 2.75 - 5 % ofmbf over 4.5 @ 5 - 5 % ofmbf all with paddypower... so hopefully goals will come early and money making will start :D this kind of betting makes possible high scoring games real fun :D and good hit

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th 5pts Over 2.5 goals 3/4 BetVictor Matches between these two sides are generally high scoring affairs and I expect this to be no different given the confidence of both sides. Arsenal have goals throughout their side but Newcastle have enough men to find the back of the net too. We all remember that sensational 4-4 draw here in recent times and while I don’t envisage eight goals in this game I would be very surprised if we don’t see at least three. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-arsenal-betting-goals-should-continue-to-come-at-st-james-park

I thought that was the case too, but in fact 10 of the last 12 league meetings at SJP have went under 2.5, 4 of them goalless. Newcastle have won just 1, Arsenal 4, and there's been 7 draws. With that in mind, plus the fact both teams are playing well, I've dutched the following correct scores with Victor No Goalscorer @13/1 1-1 @ 7/1 0-1 @ 9/1 0-2 @ 12/1 Pays 2.68 on overall stake, but I've tweaked it slightly so am staking 5pts total and will return 12.5pts if it's 1-1 / 0-1 / 0-2, but 25pts if it's goalless. I'll keep my :hope for a 0-1 with an own goal :lol Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th There should be plenty of goals in this game so over 2.5 looks like a good bet and BTTS seems like a banker but to all those who are taking Newcastle to win, please be careful because Arsenal has a great record against Newcastle. Their past 10 meetings in all competitions in according to their most recent: Newcastle 0 Arsenal 1 Arsenal 7 Newcastle 3 Arsenal 2 Newcastle 1 Newcastle 0 Arsenal 0 Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4 Arsenal 0 Newcastle 1 Newcastle 1 Arsenal 3 Arsenal 3 Newcastle 0 Arsenal 3 Newcastle 0 Newcastle 0 Arsenal 4 As you can see, Arsenal has only lost once in their past 10 meetings. Wengers knows how to set up his team against Newcastle and I can't see Arsenal losing this game. They show great character to beat West Ham after going a goal down and I'm sure they will want to maintain their momentum going into the new year. However, I get the feeling that Newcastle is too unpredictable. They can beat the big teams but struggle against the mid-table teams. They've beat Chelsea, Tottenham, Man United, drew none and lost only once since the start of November, very consistent. So the safest bet I'd say is BTTS but I still think Arsenal will edge it 2-1 or a high scoring draw. Good luck all.

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th At first glance, I thought Newcastle might be the team to back in this crucial match. Looking at it in more depth, Arsenal dont have a bad record here. Also, Newcastle are hot or cold. Newcastle had an easy game against Stoke and they lie in a good position in the League, but looking at it, I wouldnt write Arsenal off so easily here. Arsenal have the desire and drive to win this, and they have a very good away record this season. I will assess the situation later on when squad news materialises, but as it stands I'm looking at an away win here. I will give you an update later on. Tune in closer to kick off..

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th On the one hand we have Newcastle, which at home play just gorgeous. They lost only one match out of nine (!). It is evident that the team scored a good move , and obviously not going to stop. By the way, matches with such giants as Liverpool , Man City , Chelsea - have not lost. On the other hand we have Arsenal, which surprised many this season. The team is fighting for the first place and are successfully. And last private meeting say that such an outcome is more than possible. Pick: Draw 3.50 Bet365 PRE Newcastle United 0 Arsenal 1 PRE Newcastle United 0 Arsenal 0 PRE Newcastle United 4 Arsenal 4

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th Head-to-head

• There were 11 goals in the two meetings between these sides last season but only one came at St James' Park, where Arsenal won 1-0. The Gunners won 7-3 at the Emirates.
  • Newcastle have won just one of their last 12 Premier League games against Arsenal (W1, D5, L6).
  • The Magpies have not won on any of the last six occasions they have hosted Arsenal in the league (D4, L2).
Newcastle
  • Newcastle have won seven of their last nine games.
  • The Magpies have scored in 15 of their last 16 league games, only failing to score in a 0-3 defeat against Swansea.
  • Yoan Gouffran has scored in five consecutive Premier League home games for Newcastle United.

Arsenal

• Arsenal's victory against West Ham on Boxing Day came after three games without a win, the Gunners' worst run of the season.
  • Alongside Tottenham, Arsenal have won the most points away from home in the Premier League this season (19).
  • Arsenal have won the most Premier League points in 2013, and their current 79-point tally in the year cannot be surpassed by any other side.

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th BBC: LINE-UPS - Newcastle v Arsenal (1330 GMT) Newcastle: Krul, Debuchy, Coloccini, Williamson, Santon, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Cabaye, Gouffran, Remy. Subs: Cisse, Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara, Elliot, Shola Ameobi, Sammy Ameobi. Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla, Rosicky, Giroud. Subs: Arteta, Podolski, Fabianski, Bendtner, Jenkinson, Miyaichi, Gnabry. Newcastle bolster their midfield with the addition of Cheick Tiote, who returns from suspension to replace Hatem Ben Arfa. Arsenal make four changes to the side which beat West Ham on Boxing Day. Laurent Koscielny, Mathieu Flamini, Tomas Rosicky and Jack Wilshere all return. Thomas Vermaelen is sick, while Mesut Ozil has a shoulder problem, according to the club.

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th Arsenal out to 2.3 on Bet365 which is far too big. Arsenal have a good record against Newcastle and it's these type of games that Arsenal have been winning which has kept them top of the league most of the season. Ozil and Ramsey are out but this midfield of Flamini and Rosicky is perfect for counter attacking and the players who have come in are all real quality unlike the thin Arsenal squads before. Cazorla showed last seasons form against West Ham and I expect more improvement here in Ozil's absence where he will be the main man in attack. Newcastle have been quality this season but they'll find it tough against counter attacking set up, I wouldn't expect Arsenal to have a huge amount of possession here especially away from home. Sorry for the short preview but I wasn't going to bet on this game until I saw these prices. This counter attacking set up is exactly what Newcastle didn't want to face and this is the game players like Podolski and Walcott thrive in for Arsenal. Walcott has a good record against Newcastle recently and now that Arsenal are out to 2.3 there is a load of value here. 5pts Arsenal to win @ 2.3 Bet365

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th

Arsenal out to 2.3 on Bet365 which is far too big. Arsenal have a good record against Newcastle and it's these type of games that Arsenal have been winning which has kept them top of the league most of the season. Ozil and Ramsey are out but this midfield of Flamini and Rosicky is perfect for counter attacking and the players who have come in are all real quality unlike the thin Arsenal squads before. Cazorla showed last seasons form against West Ham and I expect more improvement here in Ozil's absence where he will be the main man in attack. Newcastle have been quality this season but they'll find it tough against counter attacking set up, I wouldn't expect Arsenal to have a huge amount of possession here especially away from home. Sorry for the short preview but I wasn't going to bet on this game until I saw these prices. This counter attacking set up is exactly what Newcastle didn't want to face and this is the game players like Podolski and Walcott thrive in for Arsenal. Walcott has a good record against Newcastle recently and now that Arsenal are out to 2.3 there is a load of value here. 5pts Arsenal to win @ 2.3 Bet365
Bet won. In the end you've got to take Arsenal to win in these sort of matches at those sort of prices, sure winner in the long run.

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th lol, they absolutely showed nothing.. This game surely deserved no winner. 1 freekick and 1 scrimage in front of newcastles goal. Newcastle also were poor upfront but they had more chances and half oppurtunities in front of goal than Arsenal. Bets lost, game didnt reflect both sides qualities at all. Looks like fatigue was a important factor today.

Re: Newcastle United v Arsenal > Sunday December 29th Arsenal dominated and Newcastle had nothign goign forward.. I was close to backing the Gunners but changed my mind last minute. was a tight affair but Arsenal are worthy winners. I felt that Newcastle woudl score but they failed to get close.. WEll Done Ars Backers..