** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

All Weather Racing - 2 potential new AW tracks

mowgli77

Looks like Newcastle and Catterick could do away with their flat turf surfaces and opt for an all weather course instead. Catterick would keep the jumps racing so I would imagine Newcastle would do the same. Link to story on RP site: http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd# Do we need another 2 new tracks for all weather racing and is replacing 2 flat tracks a good or bad thing? The level of AW racing tends to be quite poor at times yet I know some love it and prefer that over the winter than the jumps racing. I could see it being popular on something like a Friday/Saturday evening as both would be expected to be floodlit.

Re: All Weather Racing - 2 potential new AW tracks I certainly think the North deserve to have their own AW track. I'm sure it will be popular with the locals but whether or not we need anymore i think i'm the wrong person to comment as i'm so fed up of seeing low grade animals slogging it out around Southwell to last me a lifetime. I understand the pro's and cons and owners want to see their horses run on a regular basis and trainers want to train more horses so they can make a living etc….. but it's not for me and i would think Catterick would be like a Greyhound track its so tight?

Re: All Weather Racing - 2 potential new AW tracks Although I may not agree with it, it does make a lot of business sense. Newcastle said they would still run one of their more prestigious flat races on turf regardless. I've been to Newcastle races a few times and it's a great atmosphere - which I don't think was to do with the horses, so I wonder if that will change and how locals feel? Couldn't imagine it being as dead as Wolverhampton or Kempton, but that could be a reality!