South African Open Championship 21-24 Nov

kevshat

Re: South African Open Championship 21-24 Nov It always pays to stick with the South African golfers for this tournament, mind you the vast majority of the field will be South African. Nonetheless only 13 foreigners have won this tournament in the last 102 years so it is just a matter of finding which South African to back really. Charl Schwartzel is an exceptional player but at around the 5/1 mark he is not worth betting on really. Stenson did win it last year but the man has been playing out of his skin since then. The man I am interested in is a man that won this tournament two years ago, Hennie Otto. He also caught the eye last year when he shot a final round 62 to fly up the table into a tie for 9th. Interestingly, his last three rounds of 2013 have also been his best rounds of the year which suggests he is now coming into a bit of form. He finished in a tie for 8th in Italy and followed that up with a solid 12th place finish in the Alfred Dunhill with a superb score of -18. He then went on to Portugal in October and finished 6th, scoring -15. He has to be a very solid contender for this weekend in my opinion on home soil. Hennie Otto - 10 Points each-way @ 33/1 Ladbrokes

Re: South African Open Championship 21-24 Nov Tournament preview: 1pt ew D.Fichardt to win South African Open Championship 28/1 Stan James (1/4 1-5) Darren Fichardt was a clear leader of the Sunshine Tour Order of Merit and I think he has every chance of landing the title this week. Fichardt has been playing some good golf on the European Tour in recent times, so much so that he qualified for the Dubai World Championship last week. He has a good record in Africa having won the Africa Open last season and with six top 10 finishes to his name in this tournament. Clearly he is improving and in a weak field he could well go strongly this week at 28/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-open-championship-betting-darren-fichardt-can-open-the-european-tour-season-with-a-win

Re: South African Open Championship 21-24 Nov Thought I'd get involved for the new season. J.Walters to win SA Open, 3pts EW @ 33/1 Coral (1/4 1-5) South Africans usually hold sway here & I'm going against the short priced fav Schwartzel in favour of the in form, yet relatively "lightly raced" Justin Walters. Solid finishes in each of his last 4 events including a 2nd at the Portugal Masters and, impressively, 12 of his last 16 rounds have been in the 60's! Is putting very well lately and, with a decent score needed to win around here, that's another big tick in the box. I'd be disappointed if he can't continue his good form back in his homeland against a poor field. G.Mulroy to win SA Open, 2pts EW @ 50/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1-5) Another South African & I think Mulroy is a big price at 50's here. Is a solid ball striker which is needed here but the angle that appeals to me is his European Tour record when on home soil. Has finished in the places in 1 in 4 events in South Africa & he's in decent enough nick to do the same again. Disappointed in Dubai last week but no surprise to see a return to form, based on 3 top 20's in his previous 4 events & the return to familiar surroundings. For me, he's a better option than the likes of Van Zyl who is trading shorter. S.Jamieson, top European, 5pts EW @ 22/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-4) A player whose game is improving all the time, Scott Jamieson could go very well this week. His issue used to be his driver but he seems to have hit form with that club whilst he's always consistent with his irons & short stick. Played pretty well last week in Dubai & previous to that had made the last 8 cuts, with a couple of top 10's thrown in. He's a bit of a momentum player & likes South Africa, winning the Nelson Mandela last term followed up by a 3rd the week after at the Alfred Dunhill. Picked up 4 shots in the last 4 holes last Sunday so will come here full of confidence & that will be key to his chances. I'm being a little cautious by backing him in the European market but 22/1 in a very weak field looks standout value to me. Good luck all.

Re: South African Open Championship 21-24 Nov

It always pays to stick with the South African golfers for this tournament, mind you the vast majority of the field will be South African. Nonetheless only 13 foreigners have won this tournament in the last 102 years so it is just a matter of finding which South African to back really. Charl Schwartzel is an exceptional player but at around the 5/1 mark he is not worth betting on really. Stenson did win it last year but the man has been playing out of his skin since then. The man I am interested in is a man that won this tournament two years ago, Hennie Otto. He also caught the eye last year when he shot a final round 62 to fly up the table into a tie for 9th. Interestingly, his last three rounds of 2013 have also been his best rounds of the year which suggests he is now coming into a bit of form. He finished in a tie for 8th in Italy and followed that up with a solid 12th place finish in the Alfred Dunhill with a superb score of -18. He then went on to Portugal in October and finished 6th, scoring -15. He has to be a very solid contender for this weekend in my opinion on home soil. Hennie Otto - 10 Points each-way @ 33/1 Ladbrokes
I try not to get flustered or angry anymore on occasions like this. Golf is a really tough sport and it is extremely tough to keep your head for 18 holes. Yes Hennie blew a 4 shot lead with only a few holes to play, but he still had a cracking week and I got some profit so cannot complain. The Danish twat that won it, he has to be the most irritating golfer to watch, walking around like a snail he really got on Schwartzel's nerves he did.. Cheers anyways Hennie! :notworthy